“Horrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in DeSoto
Houston, Texas
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and our 2 toddlers stayed here because we had a funeral to go to in DeSoto. The kids and I ended up having to stay back because one got sick, so we ended up spending more time in the hotel than anticipated. First of all, our room was filthy. The chairs had stains and they were tattered. The restroom had a major leak. While lying in bed with my toddlers, water started pouring from the restroom vent. I tried calling front desk, but couldn't because NEITHER phone worked in my room. In a panic, I opened the door and asked a couple of passersby to call for help from their room. They did and no one came. Then, I looked around the room and found the hotel's number, called from my cell and notified woman at the front desk. Her reply was, " Maintenance won't be here until Monday or Tuesday." I then had to ask her for a new room. She said yes, but didn't ask if I needed help. She didn't even send up a cart after I requested one. I ended up having to call an in-law for help. (Someone who was even staying at the hotel). Also, if you want a late night snack, don't rely on the vending machine because it doesn't work. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the DeSoto LQ while visiting friends in the area. It was just what I look for when I'm on vacation -- a clean, quiet, comfortable room in a convenient location, for a reasonable price. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was tasty.

Room Tip: My room faced north, overlooking the front of the hotel, and I was not bothered at all by noise. In...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Desoto LQ. The staff was friendly and helpful. My room was super spacious - I fell in love with the king-size bed. The walk-in shower was perfect! I felt at home...I didn't want to leave. Please save my room, Thanks for the hospitality - I'll be back!
The only complaint is that I missed the driveway entrance to the hotel and turned in too soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I just stayed here for two weeks with my family. The walls are paper thin and though our neighbor had his TV blaring all night long, the management preferred we change rooms instead of asking him to turn it down. The beds were a bit smaller than expected but had the amenities promised, this must be said. But the reason we chose this particular hotel was for it's "supposedly heated swimming pool." We were planning on a long stay and would have liked to swim during our free time with our small daughter. The promised pool was, much to our disappointment, ice cold. When brought to the attention of the management, they suggested I "close the window" which was never open. The water itself was frigid and so the pool could not be used. They swore it was heated and that they'd have the maintenance person look at it, which did not resolve anything. We were very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a good hotel, nice, confortable, celan and good situation, near of Dallas City, the service and price are very good.
the service is very fast and oportunity, I liked the room
And aré coffe all day I LIKE it

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites DeSoto? Share your experiences!