“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in DeSoto
Shreveport, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Excellent I would stay again. Breakfast was good. The pool and whirlpool was great. I would highly recommend this hotel if you have business in the I-35 corridor. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms was perfect. The bathroom towels were super clean. Access to the hotel off freeway was a bit awkward but no problem.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sonalimajmudar, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Lonnie H,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay here! We sincerely appreciate it :)
You were lucky enough to reserve one of our best rooms and we hope you will come back and stay with us again soon to enjoy the whirlpool room. Hearing comments such as yours, always makes my team's day, so we appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback for us.

We hope to see you again soon!

Sonali Majmudar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Teague, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been staying at this property since it opened several years ago. When I am in the DFW area this is my place. Great service, great staff and the property is well maintained. Does not have a restaurant but there are several in a two mile area. Does have a nice happy hour and breakfast. You should try it, you will like it.

Room Tip: south side of building is the best.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sonalimajmudar, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear randy s,

We thank you so much for staying with us for so long! Your loyalty to our property is so appreciated. You are part of our Hampton Inn and Suites DeSoto family. Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor so other travelers are aware of the experience they can expect. We appreciate you. See you soon.

Yours in hospitality,

Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

For the price, the hotel delivers quite a bit more than other comparable hotels. My wife and I were very pleased with the room, the staff, and the variety of the free breakfast. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear George W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review here on Tripadvisor. We really do appreciate your kind words and are so delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations. We are introducing some new Features and Amenities to the property this year and renovating parts of the hotel, so stay tuned for an even better experience the next time you are town! We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Happy New Year!

Lufkin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Facility is beautiful, however the construction is poor! Noise from outside kept us awake all night! HVAC fan had no setting for continous run which would have masked the noise. Desk clerk offered no adjustment on our bill to compensate for the shortcomings.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

sonalimajmudar, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Richard G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I apologize for not responding sooner - as your experience is very important to me. I would like to remedy the situation you incurred even though it was some time ago. Please contact me at the hotel directly when you have time in the upcoming weeks so that we may resolve. We hope to see you again soon and I will personally make sure your experience is perfect!

Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The rooms were very cozy with the bad weather of raining and 35 degree temp.... Contact the hotel to inform them that we was running 4 hours behind on check in guest service representative was very assuring that our rooms would be ready when we arrived

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The location of the hotel worked well for us as we planned on going to the Dallas Zoo. The next exit south had a variety of shops and restaurants. The free breakfast was a bonus though it was just mediocre. The hotel appears fairly new so the furnishings were very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Grand Rapids
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Good front desk staff, but some of the rooms are filthy. On my first trip I had a clean room, but it was too close to the road so I didn't get a decent night sleep. Next time I got a room away from the road but it was FILTHY, Asked for a second room and it was only slightly better. Sofas so stained I didn't dare sit on them. Tile that was coming up in the bathroom -- it even rocked as I stood on it. Sinks that wouldn't drain. Not thrilled with breakfast service - but not sure that was their fault. Lots of big burly men kept swarming the food every time food came out. Really not thrilled with the position of the coffee decanters. As the only female in a group of lots of construction men, not thrilled having to have my backside to a table full of men staring at the TV just above the coffee.
Also very hard to get back into the hotel if you try to get out when the warehouses are letting out. On multiple days, cars were driving on the wrong side of the road so they could get home quicker. Again, not the hotel's fault but very annoying when it seems to be a fairly frequent occurance.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, stay away from the busy road. It never slows down.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
sonalimajmudar, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear GRHappyFeet ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and feedback here on Tripadvisor. Your comments help us ensure that all of our guests leave here with the best experience possible and that we are always continually improving the guest experience. First of all, I want to apologize to you for not having a perfect experience here and being dissapointed with your overall stay. In regards to the sofabeds being soiled - we have them sanitized and cleaned monthly, but by the end of the year, you are correct that they can still appear to be soiled. We are in the process of replacing all of our sofabeds with a different material to make sure this does not happen in the future. I have already alerted our engineering department about the tile in the bathroom, and that has been fixed and replaced. Next, I apologize about the group of men that you were not fond of - hoepfully just an isolated incident. Thanks again for your feedback and I hope you give us the chance to host you again so we can EXCEED your expectations :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Owner/General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto? Share your experiences!