“Don't waste your money!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel

You added Clarion Hotel to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 N I-35 East, DeSoto, TX 75115 (Formerly MCM Grande FunDome-DeSoto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in DeSoto
Syracuse, New York
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our truck is in the shop and this was the hotel the shop recommended. We were happy to see that it had a pool and hot tub. Well, the pool looks pretty dirty and the hot tub is disgusting.

The wifi wasn't working so we called the front desk to ask why. We were told "the IT guy has been working on it for weeks"! Ugh.

There are better hotels in the area for half the price of this one.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice hotel nice clean rooms knowledgeable staff excellent breakfast buffet with fresh made to omelets this is my favorite hotel to stay in when I am in the Dallas area it is conveniently located near stores and a short drive from downtown Dallas it is a very nice and quiet place to stay

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
San Marcos, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I rented a room here because I had a good experience last year at a Clarion in Tulsa. This one had decent rooms, and a bit larger than ones I had previously experienced. The downsides, though. From the lobby you have to walk across the entire building to get to the elevator. And the elevator sounded very rickety. I'm not sure if this building was refurbished by Clarion (Google maps street view from a few years ago shows a different hotel on this property), but I think it was. The elevator sounded rickety, and the little corner where the elevator was looked years older than the rest of the hotel. Also I took advantage of the shuttle which took me to the nearest bus stop so I could go into Dallas. No problem with the outgoing trip. But when I got back, I called, and 30 minutes later called again. Long shot, it took them an hour and 30 minutes before I finally got the shuttle and the driver said the van was out of service for a while. They could have told me that in the first place and I could have asked them for a local cab number. The last thing, not something they could have predicted of course, but the wi-fi was down the entire weekend. I had access to a business center, but it had specific hours and I'm an early morning person. I would have liked to got in it before 6am (the time it was opened.) All in all, it's was an OK hotel, just not up to what I expected from a Clarion.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

These were the words directly from Jerry, Sales Manager / MOD on site for the hotel on February 28, 2015.

I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 11 years, PBX Operator, Front Desk, Sales Administrator - at this hotel when it was a Holiday Inn (owned by -Dimension Development), Group Sales Manager, etc. With all that being said, I am VERY well aware of the legal policies and procedures that can be done to accommodate guests. So when my family decided to have my father's retirement party at this location the guest rooms were the last thing that i would expect to have an issue with. However, on February 28, 2015 me and my entire family were inconvenienced when we arrived at the hotel and Jerry (whom we had met and spoke with SEVERAL TIMES) looked me in my face and told me that he would not be able to give us the rooms that we were CONTRACTED to have. Not only that.... after giving several suggestions on ways to rectify the situation, and confirming with him that this COULD be done.... Jerry s exact words to me....in front of my family as well, were "Yes i could do that....but I choose not to".

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

My wife and I have had the pleasure of staying here at least once a year for the last 5 years. Unless somebody else was picking up the tab, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I'd encourage them to let us stay here. We found the place by accident back in '09 and have had nothing but comfortable experience each time. The staff is so genuinely friendly that we have become personal friends with some of the ones that have been there a while. Oscar, that works the front desk is a personal friend of ours now and we always enjoy going down town with the kiddos and watching his band(The Freeloaders) play at some hot spots. If you enjoy live music such as jazz and some cover songs, treat yourself to an awesome experience. If music is not your thing, just ask for suggestions. He has recommended tons of things for us to do, see, and eat and all of them have been spot on.
Back to the hotel. I have stayed at Motel 6's that have cost as much as this place and stayed in high rise hotels downtown in major cities that haven't taken as good care of us. This place is as good as it gets bang for buck. If this place isn't good enough for you, you're too needy. When we travel, everything is easy going and there is certainly not an itinerary. We are about as relaxed and easy going as I imagine it gets and this place is perfect. It's a short drive to everything, easy to get in and out of, easy to find, and close to any store you might need to make a quick run to. Can't elaborate enough about how friendly the staff is. They always treat us as if they haven't had a customer walk in the door in years. Sometimes we get a wild hair to go on random vacations and one of our destinations is Dallas just because of this hotel. It's a six hour drive from Corpus Christi but it's worth it to us if we plan to hang around for 4-5 days. Every time we've stayed here we end up calling down to the front desk and adding at least a couple nights to the stay. The three reasons are, DFW area is awesome and has great food and things to do, The hotel is fun for the kids to hang around if we feel like taking it easy, and we just don't feel like returning home yet.
Give it a try. If you think I'm wrong, checkout and go somewhere else, but I doubt it. The ONLY person I could see being unhappy with this place is the snooty person that acts like a mint should be on their pillow every time they enter the room or imported caviar should be stocked in their fridge. If you can live with those exceptions, you'll be pleased.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room away from stairwell doors, ice machines, elevator traffic, coke machines. Basi...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Idabel, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

Was in town for the NHRA Race in Ennis, Texas. Hotel was a little far from was race but I am glad I chose this paticular location. Rooms were clean and staff was great. Free breakfast was a real hot breakfast with eggs cooked to order. The hotel was located on I35 with easy on and easy off, great location.

Room Tip: Nice clean hotel! High floors with room facing Atrium
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
jerry s, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Craig,

On Behalf of the Clarion Hotel DeSoto, We would love to take the opportunity to thank you for your kind words you had to stay at our establishment. I will be sure to relay this message to the Clarion Staff on your kind words you had to say about The Clarion Hotel and would love the oppurtunity to book your next reservations for your next trip to dallas for the NHRA.

If you have anything you need from me we are always here be sure to send me an email when beginning to book your next reservation so I can be sure to make your next stay even more enjoyable as a reward for you taking the time to review our establishment.

My email is jerrys@clariondd.com when in need call Jerry indeed!!!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Had a preset contract for tax exempt stay and they refuse to honor it.

Pool was dirty

Hot tub was COLD

Some rooms has mold

Had to daily recard my room key

Hotel broke federal law and had elevator broken down for over 10 hours. One individual from my group broke his knee caring luggage down stairs because elevator broken.

Hotel needs new management, new rooms, new renovation or permanent closure.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
jerry s, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Stephen,

On behalf of the Clarion Hotel let me formaly apologize for not meeting up to your standards on room accomadations. The staff have had a meeting on the concerns you have listed and are doing everything within our power to accomadate our guest for future stays. We at the Clarion were unprepared for the elavator to break and as the service man had made us aware there was nothing we could have done to prevent such an incident it went out sunday afternoon and we had it replaced by Monday Morning and operational by 11am. Our staff apologizes for lack of service and is striving everyday to make and grow into a better company and we hope you will reach out to us in regards to these problems so that we could help to accomadate you in the future.

Jerry Sanders

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!