“Cleanest Hotel I've ever stayed in.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Denton - UNT

You added Motel 6 Denton - UNT to your Saves list
Motel 6 Denton - UNT
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Fort Worth Drive, Denton, TX 76201 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Denton)   |
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Cleanest Hotel I've ever stayed in.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

After two weeks of traveling from WA to NC I was sick of paying good money for bad hotels. I figured let's go cheaper and see what I get. Its not a fancy place everything is pretty cheap but the room was spotless. I mean Hilton clean or actually better In some cases. The air conditioner worked great. I was concerned about my car in the parking lot but reception told me it would be fine and it was. I'm a single woman traveling alone and I had no problem staying here. Quick drive to Locust St for great food and fun shops (yes odd name for a st with restaurants. :) ) Bottom line, if you're on a budget and don't mind not going fancy this hotel is a 5/5. Check the price you pay try calling the hotel directly because they were cheaper than sites listing deals on rooms. Happy trails!

• Stayed July 2014
Nick P, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 - Denton, TX #4850.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Nick Patel
Motel 6 UNT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Shame on you Motel 6. You advertise one rate and then charge me another without clearing it with me first. I question the clerk and he says that "all of the rooms that get that rate are already booked." I say "that's not right - you should have told me before you charged my card", to which he replied, "you should have asked!" To add insult to injury, the non-smoking room WREAKS of smoke. I'm tired and it's late or I would go somewhere else... oh yeah, he has already charged my card... shame on you Motel 6... BIG bait and switch!!!!!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Nick P, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time let us know of the problem with your reservation. I know how frustrating reservation problems can be and do apologize for the inconvenience.

A good stay begins with an efficient reservation produce providing the accommodations you expect. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in . There was finger prints on the walls and the walls were a live . There were cockaroaches running around on the carpet. My Family was mortified . We were suppose to spend a week here , but we had to leave the first night .
Dont waste your money

Room Tip: Stay Away worst hotel of my life
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nick P, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the failure in our extermination program.

A pest free environment is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if that was not experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Always make sure someone is at the main check in desk. I showed up around 10:45 pm after a very long day of driving, and the front door was locked. No one answered the phone (I called the hotel number and could hear the phone ringing inside). A couple other potential guests showed up while I was waiting, but they probably went to other hotels. Finally, I called the 800 number for Motel 6. I had made a reservation and didn't want to be charged if I was never able to check in. While on hold, the guy who was supposed to be at the front desk showed up. He said he'd had to go help another guest with a TV, and didn't immediately apologize for making me wait. He said he was only gone 10 minutes but it was more like 20. He did compensate me by giving me the suite for the price I was paying for a regular room. The next morning I went to get coffee at 7:30 am but it was out. The same guy was there and he did immediately say he would make another pot. But seriously, that motel needs to get a bigger coffee pot or make some extra. The room was okay. Moderately clean. It had a fridge, which I used. One of the like fixtures rattled while the AC was on, but I pushed it a little bit and it stopped.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nick P, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with a function recently held here. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best experience possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a convenient location price is not correct outside says 43.99 when you get there is a different story room are filthy funny smell stay away I don't know why people would rate this hotel 4 stars

• Stayed June 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your recent experience. I know how frustrating front desk and reservation problems can be and do apologize for the inconvenience.

A good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Newark, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The sign outside this motel says $43.99 which sounds pretty good, right? Well apparently it is legal for motels to charge 13% tax and its usually the 'westerners from over the sea' who do this. What a surprise when your $44. room becomes a $58. room! I didn't stay because I don't appreciate that sneakiness. Lobby was very nice tho and desk clerk very friendly.

Stayed June 2014

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

After coming into Denton for family, this was the only hotel left that had a smoking room. Once we got back to the hotel, we went to lock the door and got locked in. The door would not open or unlock! Called down to the front desk and the clerk said, " Well what do you want me to do about I?" An hour later he finally got up here to get the door fix. Now the door wont lock and we cant get our money back. What a great set up. Will be up all night to make sure no one comes thru the door. Next time Motel 6, go ahead and turn the night off, no one wants to stay in your pits. Paid $109 for this smoking king suite.

Room Tip: Stay at the next place a step up from here.....a homeless shelter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your stay. I want to personally apologize that the room and furnishings were not of the high standards we expect.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please continue to stay with us so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Been to Motel 6 Denton - UNT? Share your experiences!