“A Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Denton - UNT

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Denton - UNT to your Saves list
Motel 6 Denton - UNT
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Fort Worth Drive, Denton, TX 76201 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Denton)   |
Ranked #15 of 25 hotels in Denton
“A Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our stay at the LaQuinta in Denton, Tx was great. Even though an older hotel,the rooms were very clean and service was very good. Breakfast was good.Even our Yorkies were welcome. Location was great. Thanks LaQuinta.

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the LaQuinta Inn while attending college orientation with my daughter. I had to get a hotel at the last minute and found that LaQuinta Inn had availabilities and was the most economical. The customer service that I received from the beginning of my stay until the end was excellent. The bed was so comfortable that I slept through breakfast the next day. However, even after doing so the front desk was so wonderful to turn the juice machine back on so that I could get some apple juice. I would definitely stay at this location again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Clean room, clean bed. Great coffee... and very close to UNT, and IH-35.
Most of the staff is friendly and helpful. We have used this La Quinta while visiting the UNT campus. It is convieniently located near the campus, the mall, and plenty of restaurants just a few exits down on I-35.

El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I booked this hotel because of it's proximity to UNT during Parent Orientation for incoming freshmen & the best thing I can say about it was the location was convenient. I booked it through Southwest Rapid Rewards & the price was very cheap; sometimes you get what you pay for!
The thermostat was erratic, I was in a wheelchair accessible room (which I should have asked to change, but at that point was too exhausted) & the shower had mold & mildew. There were ants & small spiders in the room, which made me wonder what kind of other bugs there were that I couldn't see. Needless to say, I'll never stay there again.

Dallas, Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We spent two nights at this motel. The first night we heard dogs barking, but just for a short time and it ended by 9PM. However, the second night a dog kept barking non-stop until after 10:30PM. A call to the frond desk was of little help. I spoke to the manager upon check-out and he tried to make up for our poor night's sleep by reducing the charges.

Otherwise the room was clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was the La Quints standard fare, but enough to get you going, and it did include fresh fruit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is an outside entry motel. The room was very clean and comfortable. The price was a little more than some of the other competition chains, but not by much. I was impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the bed. Nice flat screen tv. The checkout time is 12:00. For what I do, this is a bonus for me. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Mission, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I'm not sure I would stay at this La Quinta again. I had traveled all day from Kansas City on my way to the Corpus Christie area, so I was really road weary. The reception I received when I first arrived at the front desk was somewhat cool and could have been more welcoming. Finding a parking place near my room was tricky, as much of the parking around that side of the building seemed to be reserved for the restaurant next to the hotel, judging by the tow-away warning signs. Which, by the way, the restaurant wasn't all that impressive, for which I wrote a separate review in another post. The Continental breakfast was just OK at the hotel. One thing that did annoy me was when I first walked into the breakfast area, I noticed that the only table facing the TV was occupied by a hotel employee, and I had to choose another table. It wasn't a big deal, but I like to watch the news while eating my breakfast, especially when I'm traveling. I later discovered the employee turned out to be the front desk worker who was getting ready to go off her night shift. Even though I felt sympathy for her, I still felt it was not justifiable for her to leave the front desk unattended, as she had been sitting there for a good 15 minutes. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable. But I think some customer service issues needs to be addressed at this particular La Quinta.

Room Tip: Watch out for the tow-away warning signs next to the restaurant on the south side of the hotel. The...