“Excellent Hotel for any occasion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Denton - UNT

You added Motel 6 Denton - UNT to your Saves list
Motel 6 Denton - UNT
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Fort Worth Drive, Denton, TX 76201 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Denton)   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Denton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Hotel for any occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent Hotel. Room rate is great! Staff are friendly and helpful. Room was clean and cold and very nice. Close to college,food, shopping and movies. Great and easy access to main freeway. Easy on and off. Walk to 24 hour places to eat.. Great 2 room suite that we used in past.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone. We will certainly use it every time we come to Denton!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Amarillo, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The review below mine is negative. I did NOT have that kind of experience. I read the reviews of others and write reviews regularly. On arriving, Rickie was GREAT. He was friendly, respectful and willing to help. I checked in, found that the door was missing weatherstripping and I saw daylight underneath it. He offered to have maintenence fix it, or switch me to another room. I did go to another room and it was nice and cool. Being summer and humid, it is very hot in this area this time of year. The room and bathroom were clean. The beds were very comfortable and once I shut the door to the outside, it was quiet. We really did not hear noise from the street outside, other guests or the pool. When you drive up and around the property it is older and looks can be deceiving. The property appears to be well maintained in spite of its age. The shower head (which another person mentioned was so bad),was to my liking. Most hotels have the water saving heads and they drive me nuts because NO water comes out of the middle of the head. Not so here. The shower was great. The tub had a few scratches and nicks on it, but overall was good! Towels were good quality, not too thick nor too thin. Two improvements I might suggest are that the bathroom needs a vent fan and the front lobby area could use a computer. I don't take my computer on pleasure trips. Another convenience to note, there is a restaurant in front of the main part of the property called Michael's Kitchen. It is open early AM at 6 until 9 or later at night. Breakfast there was very good and the waitress efficient, giving good service. For most hotels in this price range, it is not easy to find beds of this quality, towels that were nice like these and a good strong shower. I come to Denton fairly reguarly and will stay here again. I have stayed in several nicer hotels including the LaQuinta, Fairfield and Comfort Suites at UNT. They were all nicer but for the price I will return here. The room did not have a frig, so be prepared for that if you need to keep drinks cold. I will post pictures of the pool and bathroom later.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side facing the concrete wall are quiet. Also the ones in the corners upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Bad: Upon check in everything appeared fine. Decent for the price, I was tired and immediately showered. Very strange shower...maybe I just didnt get it? Shower head was literally about 7 feed high, right on the edge of the ceiling. Anyway, I flipped back the sheets and there were three black bugs dancing happily across my sheets.
I went DIRECTLY to the office, photos in hand, and the lady simply handed me new keys and told me to switch rooms. No help offered, no offer to go check out the old or new room. This would not have bothered me if the next morning the manager and clerk werent snotty to me asking me to go to the old room and "show them the bugs". Thats why I had photos and also why the night clerk should have come to see for herself.
Room #2, woke up and had bed bug bites. Maybe they were from the hour I spent in the other room, maybe not. Who knows. Room#3. ..broken bathtub, broken tile, blood/mud (?) on the floor and hair. Everywhere. Ew. The kicker? Great TV... But it didnt work. Uhg.
Finally, Rickie the night guy turned out to be awesome, got us a GREAT room, conatced the GM, and make me comfy and cozy. All in all, A+ for service and just check your room before settling in.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it was close to a friends house that we were visiting. We enjoyed our stay greatly! The breakfast was excellent (Texas shaped waffles which my 10 year olds loved). The room was comfortable and the air worked great. It was 106 the three days we were there so good air was a must. The pool was clean and refreshing after a long day at the Dallas zoo. The only thing I found was some paper wrappers and water bottle under one of the beds in our room. They weren't old and nasty but were still there just the same. We will definetly stay here again when we come to visit our friends.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was very happy with this stay. Thank you La Quinta for good service and for allowing pets.I will be staying here again when I come back down this way. :-)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to Motel 6 Denton - UNT? Share your experiences!