“Going downhill” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Denton - UNT

You added Motel 6 Denton - UNT to your Saves list
Motel 6 Denton - UNT
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Fort Worth Drive, Denton, TX 76201 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Denton)   |
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Denton
“Going downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We have stayed several times while visiting our daughter in college. Our last visit was enough to say NO MORE! Torn sheets, cockroaches, dirty everywhere, to include the French fry next to the bed. I found it on the last day. Either it had been there the whole time or housekeeping enjoyed their lunch while "cleaning" the room.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stopped here for one night on our way from Minnesota to San Antonio. I thought it was a great value. It was an older hotel, but clean and staff was very friendly. The bed was VERY comfortable and the room was small, but adequate for the one night we were there. Free breakfast was well stocked and a decent variety. We loved the Texas shaped waffles! We would definitely stay there again. It's not the classiest or newest hotel, but it suited our needs just fine!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

When I made my reservation by phone I asked for a roll a-way bed. It was already waiting for us in the room when we arrived! And there was no extra charge for it! My dog also stayed for free. Free breakfast, though fairly limited. It's enough to get you going and out the door. Ricky at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

If you stay in a lot of La Quinta inns you know that their new hotel design has interior corridors and these locations are a little (or sometimes a lot) nicer than the older ones with doors that open directly outside.

This is one of the older locations, but our room looked fresh and was in great condition. Beds were a little soft, but not bad. Our room had a new looking LG HDTV and a decent selection of cable channels.

No noise from outside in the room and even though it was a blistering hot day the A/C kept the room very cool.

This hotel is less than a half block from I-35 and has many good restaurants within a 5-10 minutes drive.

There is another newer LQ in Denton but it was $20-30 a night more. I can't imagine I would have been any more happy than I was at this location.

Greatd value on well kept rooms in a convenient location.

Room Tip: Sign up for LQ Rewards points and use them to pay for rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

There is not much special to say about this hotel. Other than it is a quiet warm place with a bed. It doesnt feel as safe as other places but it was an alright stay. Not the cleanest but again a good overnight stay on a road trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

After a horrible weekend I checked into this hotel at 1 a.m. All I wanted was a bed. The TV in the room had the wires hanging down so no signal. The toilet seat was not on the toilet. At 1 a.m. I was not going to complain, I just wanted to sleep.
In the morning at their breakfast the juice machine was out of order. I can truely understand that stuff happens, but at least put out milk for children to drink with their waffles. If you have waffles you should at least have pancake syrup. The carpet in the room was not vaccumed and the bathroom counter was dirty. Beware of this hotel.
When I checked out the person said the manager would call me. Still no phone call. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Lexington, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this facility in June. On the positive side, the staff was very pleasant and helpful and the room although small was clean.
On the negative side, the soundproofing left something to be desired. My husband was awakened through the night by noise from new arrivals getting to their room. I also could hear the creak of the room overhead early the next morning.
The breakfast was adequate more along the lines of a continental breakfast. The closest ice machine was broken and management didn't seem much concerned.
The facility is located where there is a lot of construction going on and next to a tattoo parlor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Denton - UNT? Share your experiences!