“The worst Chinese Buffet” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Hunan, Szechuan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout, Delivery, Buffet
dallas
“The worst Chinese Buffet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The inside area is not too bad, but when you arrive, they are in rush to get your order for drink. They didn't let us to take a seat. We were sitting when the lady took the order for drink. The table was too small for four people. A square table with less than 40 inches width. We couldn't move when we put some plates. There was no knife on the table :( and when you need some napkin, you have to ask the waiter or waitress. Usually in buffets, someone takes care of your table and take the extra dishes. No one was doing that in this buffet. Grill had slight variation, and most of the time nobody was there to take care of you. Limited sauce, no ranch for salad. The worst thing that was bothering me all the time was the way the manager and the receptionist staring at people. I felt like they are watching me to find how much I'm eating, BUFFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was no sign for foods showing the name and ingredients!!!!!!!!!! Overall, I never suggest this place for a meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Denton
“Great buffet for chinese foot in North Denton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Have been going here for years usally at lunch for the buffet. They have mainly chinese fare with a few american food items on the buffet. The buffet also includes a mongolian grill, sushi bar and dessert bar. You will not leave hungry.

Visited October 2012
Denton, Texas
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This has been a family favorite for years. We love the addition of the grill so yu can have stir fry to order.

Visited June 2012
Katy, Texas
“Everything hot and fresh, great variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We stopped in here on our way from OKC to Houston at about 8:00 at night. We expected to get the dregs and leftovers from the day, but we were very pleasantly surprised. Everything was hot and fresh, the flavor was really good, and the service was excellent.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denton, TX
“Very Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

I got hooked to their take-out, only had very delicious, select items. I usually don't care for Chinese buffets but I gave it a try here, and Chinatown Cafe's buffet is VERY good!! I enjoyed everything on my plate!