“An update” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Texas (Denton)

Save Saved
You added Value Place Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Texas (Denton) to your Saves list
Value Place Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Texas (Denton)
4505 N I-35, Denton, TX 76207   |
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Denton
“An update”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I thought I'd write another review of Value Place Properties seeing as how I am approaching the fourth anniversary of my moving in. The staff and cost continue to be a big plus. I've stopped thinking about moving elsewhere and have been informed that I am welcome to stay as long as I like. The staff, new and old, continue to be helpful and courteous. The property is still very well maintained and clean and safe. I recently had car trouble and the manager was nice enough to pick me up at the garage. I don't have the money to tip the way I'd like to, but try to do little things for the staff usually taking the form of a pizza for the staff members. I truly believe I am able to put off moving to an assisted living facility by being able to reside here at Value Place Properties. I'm very lucky to have found this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

If your looking for a clean' comfortable safe place to stay then look no further. Denton Value place is it.Well maintained building rooms and property.I have stayed at other Value Places staff and Management here are always FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.Oh yes almost forgot nice new TV'S and Pillow top Mattresses. Enjoy your stay.

DAY SLEEPER

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm not a traveler, but I've found that this Value Place property is ideal for my situation. I have Parkinson's and even though I do require SOME assistance, I am not yet ready for the expense and atmosphere of an assisted-living facility. I had originally moved to this hotel with the intention of staying just a very few months till I could find an apartment to suit my needs, but the staff and excellent handicapped facilities have turned temporary into over three years now. I want to rave a bit about the staff at this time. There is quite a bit of peripheral staff turn-over, but there are also those staff persons who have been here during my entire stay who have been nothing but helpful and courteous and who go out of their way to make my life easier. No, there isn't daily maid service, but it would be ridiculous to expect similar daily maid service to that which is provided in a non-extended stay hotel. I do witness that even the bedspreads are washed on a regular and often schedule. Yes, long-term residents do their own laundry, but there is an on-site laundry room which is kept immaculate. Staff changes room linens every other week, but long-term residents can change linens themselves more often for a nominal laundering fee.
As a long-term resident, I have settled in quite nicely. I have my own television, computer, some small pieces of furniture and other items to make me feel like this is home. I give just about entire credit to the staff and this hotel for helping me maintain my independence for this long. I'm not sure where I would have landed after losing my house and job due to my condition, but Value Place and its staff have made my landing a soft, safe and sensible choice and I plan on being here as long as I am able. Which, with the kind of service and personal help the staff provides, should be a long and enjoyable stay. As far as I am concerned, any negative experiences anyone has had at this facility is highly likely to have been the result of their own behavior and/or actions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

best price, clean, secure. Never a worry. I look for "value Place" where ever I travel. Awesome concept. The staff is available 24 hours and its convenient to sights, parks, transportation, malls and a host of grocery stores - which is great - because you can cook any meal - IN YOUR ROOM

Room Tip: no smoking rooms are really no smoking which means no lingering odors
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hurst, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The poor reviews obviously come from people that have no appreciation for a great place with a great price. As most know, some people live to complain and would not be happy no matter what the circumstances .

There are very hard working employees at this property, that are faced with a public that expects every demand they ask for to be granted, and that is not possible while giving a great price.

Despite the prior comments, and the fact I have been all over the world, this is exactly as advertised and is a great place!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Texas (Denton), responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments! We always appreciate guest feedback. I hope that you will consider us again for any of your lodging needs.
Rolla, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The price is lower than other quality rated hotels because they have so many rooms to lease or rent, and if you stay longer than 30 days in Texas, you won't have to pay the taxes. It is hard to get to when you exit off I-35. I try to stay at Value Place to save money, but I have to clean my own room and do my own laundry because they will only clean your room 1x every other week and you will pay extra for the laundry service. There is a full-size fridge, microwave, and a two burner stove top in every room. The walls are paper thin, so you can hear the people next door making whoopee or hear the elephants(heavy/loud walkers) walking above you. You also have to pay a deposit when you check in and if you want it back, you have to be sure everything is clean when you leave. You also have to give them notice(a couple of days) before you leave or you will get penalized (financially). The staff there is rather lazy, as the other reports have said. I also bring my own mattress topper cause the beds are as hard as boards.

Room Tip: Bring your own mattress topper, cause the beds are like sleeping on a board. Try to book the first f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Texas (Denton), responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Value Place is a bit different from other hotels. At Value Place you only pay for what you will use. This is how we are able to keep our rates so low. I hope that you will consider Value Place again if you ever find yourself in need of a clean and safe place to stay.
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My room was clean and comfortable. I wish the internet was wireless. The staff was awesome! I had a litle bit of a hard time getting to the hotel but that was my problem not their.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Many of our locations are upgrading to wireless internet throughout the rest of the year. I hope that you will consider Value Place again in your travels.

Been to Value Place Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Texas (Denton)? Share your experiences!