You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“New and nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Seriously impressed. Didn't think I'd come across such a nice hotel in Denton (no offense, Dentonians!), but this HI really blew me away.

It's obviously new construction, but there were still very nice touches. The lobby was breathtaking with a huge fireplace filling the room. All the modern conveniences were there: free wifi, mini fridge, a super-comfy bed with the best pillows ever, a shower that gets hot and stays hot with that all-important water pressure.

Three things keep this from being a 5-star recommendation:
(1) On Day 2 of my stay, I left my room at 8 a.m. and returned at 5 p.m.... and the room was never cleaned. That's odd because it had been cleaned before.
(2) The bathroom door either had to stay closed fully, or be wide open. The door kept swinging open ads though the ground weren't level.
(3) A modern hotel like this should have more outlets! In addition, USB outlets would be the right thing to do.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GMHIDenton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Texasbrian: Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review the Holiday Inn and Suites Denton. We strive to provide the best experience possible for our guests each and every time, regardless of their reason for staying with us. We try very hard to keep our hotel up-to-date, even though it is 7 years old. You comments regarding housekeeping will be addressed with the Executive Housekeeper and I offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In addition, I will have maintenance check out that wayward door. In regards to the outlets, I appreciate you comments and I will forward this concern to the ownership to review possible upgrades to meet the needs of all of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
North Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I recently had to stay here for two weeks for work. Everyone was so incredibly friendly, especially the young men and woman working at night in the restaurant. Everything was extremely clean and comfortable. My only concern was that there was no AC in the gym, and I saw some health code sign hanging that the pool was closed. I don't swim in hotel pools so I really can't rate it, but it definitely stood out to me that it was closed for health.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMHIDenton, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear csgro: Thank you for your kind comments. We always strive to ensure a warm and friendly stay for each of our guests. I apologize for the A/C in the fitness center. We have resolved that maintenance issue and it is now more climate friendly for the guests using that facility. In regards to the pool, our salination equipment needed to be replaced and until we could get that done, it was necessary for us close it down for the health of our guests. That system is also running properly now. We hope you will be able to join us again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was a nice, clean, pleasant, fairly average hotel, but I have to give a huge shout-out to the above-average staff. Every individual was friendly and helpful. They provided excellent directions and recommendations when asked about restaurants, local shopping, etc. When several groups were enjoying the bar area on Saturday evening, they kept it open two hours later than the usual closing time. When my rental car refused to start on the morning I needed to hurry to the airport and the rental company was completely unhelpful, the hotel staff quickly found me an inexpensive car hire and got me there in plenty of time. I would stay here again without question. Thanks so much, Kathleen and staff, for everything you did to make a fairly difficult stay in Denton much easier and more pleasant.

Room Tip: Lovely jacuzzi rooms available!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMHIDenton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Dixieclicks: Our emphasis is to provide the services needed for each and every guest and I am glad we were able to help you in your time of need. Your comments provides the staff encouragmentto continue to provide only the highest level of service to each and every guest. I hope we will be able to enjoy your company again soon.
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is a very well-kept, comfortable hotel with lots of amenities. It's only drawback is the almost continuous low-level noise emanating from the nearby railroad yard and college residential housing. It sounded like a mixture of music and street traffic. I could hear it above even the hum of the room's A/C fan. Since the monotonous noise level prevented me from going to sleep I decided to check-out of the hotel at 4:00 a.m. so that I could at least make some progress on my road trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is in a wing away from the railroad yard and college housing area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GMHIDenton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear M Grintsum: Thank you for posting your comments concerning your recent stay. I can appreciate your discomfort in not being able to sleep due to the low-level noise created by the railroad and the student housing. With the railroad over 1 mile from the hotel, we have not had such complaints in the past, but your experience will result in a review of the room types and locations to ensure we take into consideration, for all guests, the possibility of noise caused by the trains or the student housing. We now know that if someone is a light sleeper to put them in rooms facing the interior of hotel complex. We regret that you did not sleep well and hope your further journey was safe.
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn property for one night, and I must preface this review by saying that I am giving it five stars, first of all, as a hats-off to the ICH brands because of their stellar loyalty rewards program. I stayed for free due to the fact that their loyalty points do not expire. This is the best rewards program of any kind that I am aware of, and I am also a member of Hilton, Omni, and Best Western. There were no additional treats (complimentary bottle of water upon arrival, etc) but I was still very happy to enjoy my King Room for no charge. The location is near the interstate, but entry is rather odd, since the property is tucked away within some student apartment complexes. Still, I only had to drive about three miles parallel to the interstate to get to my social destination that evening at The Pourhouse Grille. The room was clean and the staff was quite friendly and helpful. There was a sofa and table in my room, which I most enjoyed using. I hate to have to sit on a bed to work. My room was quiet and the hotel sundries store was well stocked. I have stayed in more opulent accommodations in more interesting settings, but this hotel was exactly what I needed for one night. The lobby is very inviting, by the way, complete with a sitting area with fireplace. I wish I'd had more time, as I would've enjoyed sitting by the fire and reading a book on that cold evening. Anyway, I felt safe and secure throughout my stay. One thing, the cable didn't work at first on the TV, but when I alerted the desk clerk, he explained that the system had been upgraded hotel-wide and told me what to do, while also offering to come to my room and re-set it for me. It was an easy fix, so I did it myself. There is a restaurant and bar in this hotel, but I never needed those services. I recommend this property as being just fine, if you need to stay near the University area of Denton,.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
GMHIDenton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your review on your stay with us. We strive to make sure every guest feels welcomed and that we are a home away from home. Your review helps us ensure that we are doing our job well throughout the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. Hopefully you will be returning to Denton to stay with us again and will be able to enjoy our fireplace with that book!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Perfect place to stay for TWU graduation. Quiet, clean and very friendly staff. Great breakfast but you do have to pay for it. It is well worth the price. Fresh coffee available all day. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMHIDenton, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciated the feedback and love that you had such a wonderful stay! We look forward to having you stay with us again and to create a even more memorable stay! Thank you again for taking to the time to give us your feedback.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had not stayed at a Holiday Inn for several years. I've stayed at other brands in the IC Hotels group, but had given up on Holiday Inn due to the other brands were newer and a better deal.

I will re-think that - due to my very good stay at this Holiday Inn. The property is fairly new and fresh. Location is very quiet and safe - it is a few blocks off I-35 in an area of student apartments for UNT. The rooms are clean, good AC/Heat even though it is the under-the-window type unit. Real tile bathroom, mini-fridge, microwave. The front desk had my check-in ready. The restaurant was short-handed the next morning so they improvised with a buffet breakfast - on the house! Real scrambled eggs and bacon, etc.

Can recommend staying here. It is a quiet, very clean, great service hotel in a good location.

Room Tip: Such a quiet location - not really a worry here. Maybe away from elevators for a light sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMHIDenton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay at this hotel. We truly strive to make every guest experience memorable and we hope to see you again soon. We are making improvements in service and quality in order to make you next review a 5. We truly appreciate your business and the efforts you have made to let us know how we are doing.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Denton University Area? Share your experiences!