“Surprise party” 5 of 5 stars

2602 Lillian Miller Parkway, Denton, TX 76210   |
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Denton
“Surprise party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My wife was turning 60, and I wanted to do a really special surprise party for her, and I wanted it to be really nice. We had around 55 people attend. The food, service, decor, and atmosphere was great. My wife was totally surprised, and the guests are still talking about the evening. It was perfect. I would do it all again, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This little Inn is located in a residential neighborhood not far from downtown Denton. We needed a place for my daughter's graduation, and we kind of stumbled across this place since most of the name brand hotels were booked or crazy expensive. Driving into the grounds through the large front gate, it felt like we were truly leaving the city behind. It is an old "mansion" that has been turned into an inn. At first glance, it is a beautiful place: small front desk, large dining room, wooded back yard with a beautiful pool and a covered veranda overlooking it all. There are only 14 rooms, so it is quite small. The rooms themselves are spacious and well appointed. My only complaint is that this seems to be, first and foremost, a wedding venue: two per day during the weekend we were there. The staff, though nice, weren't particularly professional and only became helpful if you really, really asked them nicely. While they DID eventually come through with the small requests like hot water, a glass of wine or something for the room, they were not in a hurry.... and if something was required for the wedding set up, it always took precedent over anything else. There was no lobby bar, dinner was by appointment only and breakfast was only served between 8am and 9am.... so as to make way for wedding set ups, I presume. Any guests NOT associated with a wedding were at a disadvantage, I felt. Otherwise, it was a wonderful place, and if you need a place to stay and relax away from madding crowd.... I recommend it. If you want four star service, go find a Four Seasons.

Room Tip: All the rooms are a little different, so I have only some perspective. Some have whirlpool tubs, but...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Back at the Wildwood with my wife for 4 nights. Thought I had reserved a King Suite, but somehow that got messed up. Confusing to try and reserve via the internet. All the websites look like Wildwood. Somehow we reserved a standard room via Expedia. Desk clerk seemed befuddled, but promised to address with management next day. It was addressed and we were moved to a King Suite. Only constructive criticism (and I know this is hard with college kids at the front desk) is that the night manager or desk clerk needs to be empowered to make a decision. The issue with Expedia was complicating, but a simple correction would have been to move us into the room with the understanding that there would be an upcharge. Next day, that's how the situation was resolved.

While the Wildwood is a nice wedding venue, I'm a business traveler who likes good hotels especially when I'm traveling with my wife. There aren't many nice hotels in Denton. I haven't stayed while a wedding was underway, but I believe that weddings are usually crowded, noisy affairs. If you can't tolerate that, don't stay there during a wedding. Simple enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I got married here and I could not have asked for more! The place was so beautiful but also able to be decorated to make special for your day! I loved the staff and they were so helpful! I could not have asked for more!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My coordinator made my wedding experience incredibly smooth. The room we rented (the bridal suite) was the perfect size for my ladies and I to get ready in the morning and the venue itself was just fantastic.
Not to mention the fact that this place was one of the best in terms of price! (cake INCLUDED, what??!?!?)

I had a wonderful time, and the pictures came out fantastic~Such a picturesque location!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back border the opening to the pool, so in the summer they can get loud...but they...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great spot, rooms and service. Sunday breakfast could be a little later to allow us to sleep in more and needs bigger coffee cups. However, all in all, exceeded expectations. Rooms are very nicely done

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The guests at our wedding loved the Wildwood Inn. It is simply a beautiful place. The staff is very courteous and friendly. Food tasted wonderful and was displayed nicely. The rooms were very pretty and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Wildwood Inn? Share your experiences!