“Nice rooms & staff, but average experience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now for 15% Off
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Denton
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice rooms & staff, but average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Clean property located right off the freeway in Denton Tx. The rooms are quite noisy....we did not have any big noise issues, but I could hear people just walking in the halls and doors opening/closing. The breakfast food was unusually weak. The rooms are good sized and the bed was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Our goal at Hampton is to offer 100% satisfaction for every guest, every time. I do hope if you are back in the Denton area, you will give us a chance to show you the high standards we strive to provide all of our guests. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Benton, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is everything I have come to expect from Hampton. Clean, friendly, comfortable and a great location. We were here during two festivals and a gymnastics event and cold not believe how quiet it was on the first floor. Even with a gang of tweens running the halls, we never experienced any noise problems. The breakfast kept us going until lunchtime and we were always greeted whether coming or going. Special kudos to the housekeeping and breakfast room staff for handling things so efficiently.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while in Denton. We strive to give all of our guests a comfortable and memorable stay. If you are ever back in the Denton area, we hope to see you again. Thank you for choosing Hampton as your brand of choice.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The rooms here are nicely decorated with modern taste, however, they should have put that money into making the walls more insulated. They're paper thin! It's actually louder here than my college dorm room... You can literally hear people drop their key card in the hall, or talk above you! If you want to sleep, DON'T waste your money here! It's WAY over priced.

• Stayed February 2013
Rebecca A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.
Tomball,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hotel was in a excellent location right on I35 easy to get to and from- Restaurants and Mall were also close by. Hotel was bright and Clean- my King size bed was so comfortable I beleive it was the best nights sleep I have had in a while- almost didnt want to get up. The Breakfast area was very inviting and also clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to make all of our guests feel comfortable and safe. If you are ever back in the Denton area, we hope to see you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite, which was a nicely appointed and functional room. Equipped with a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was quite large and in nice condition.

We stay at Hamptons often and I'm always curious to see how big or small the breakfast area will be. The good thing is that it's big here. The bad thing is many of the items were in short supply on both mornings of our stay. I happened to be fixing a waffle when the gentleman overseeing the breakfast area was refilling some plastic spoons. A fellow employee said something about the bowl of mixed fruit being low and he replied by saying that he was leaving soon, so he wasn't worried about it. That was a bummer to hear.

The rest of the staff was helpful and friendly. (To be fair, the guy overseeing the breakfast area was very friendly, too! Just not terribly motivated.)

We've not spent much time in the Dallas area. The main reason we picked Denton is we needed to drive north first thing on the morning of our departure, and wanted to miss the morning Dallas traffic. In retrospect, we'd probably stay closer to Dallas and deal with the traffic. Denton is just kind of a blah place. That's no mark against the property, of course, just something to keep in mind if you're planning your Dallas trip.

The only other minor annoyance is there is a lot of construction happening adjacent to the hotel, with the building of housing units. Lots of heavy machinery making the kind of noise that heavy machinery makes. It was only a problem when we stayed in the room one afternoon and tried to get a nap in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoy the Hampton Brand! I do want to apologize about breakfast as that is not our customary standard. Your comments will help us to ensure that this same issue does not occur in the future. Thank you again and enjoy your day!
Senoia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love the beds, linens, and the way I am treated when I am here. I travel a lot and I will only trust Hampton Inn anywhere I go. The place is always very clean and I feel safe here. All the Hampton Inns I have stayed in have kept me very happy. I have a daughter with severe autism and they are always very understanding to her fear of being located anywhere than the first floor. It is always an awesome experience whether I am alone or with my family. I love this brand.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We can't thank you enough for your kind comments! We are so happy to be able to take care of your requests and are happy to make sure your daughter's stay is equally pleasant. We hope to see you in the future if your travels bring you back to the Denton area. Thank you for choosing Hampton!
Brady, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff was very friendly and the hotel is very clean and the breakfast is always fresh and hot. the rooms are always clean and the bathrooms are too. The internet services are fast and the laundry room is a personal favorite. the hotel is in a great location and easy to find.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rebecca A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so much for you kind words! All of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Denton are happy to know we can make this feel like your home away from home! We look forward to seeing you if you return to Denton and if there is ever anything you need, please feel free to contact me. Have a great day!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Denton? Share your experiences!