“:)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 329 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Hamburgers, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Description: A full service restaurant featuring Breakfast served all day. A great place for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, or Dinner. We feature our Bistro Room where private parties, business gatherings and other events can be held. We are conveniently located right on Interstate 35E South in the Unicorn Lake Business District. We are only a few hundred feet from both the Cinemark 14 theater and the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel in Denton Texas.
Denton, Texas
“:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Eating breakfast here is always a pleasure and such a treat. I have yet to venture out and try something new but I normally get the usual,western omelett which is delicious and a cup of coffee or orange juice. Family members tend to get the biscuits and gravy which they always rave about. So glad to have this cafe within walking distance from home.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Waco, Texas
“Loved It / Food was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were trying to find a place where we could have a light meal late in the evening. What a great find - just happened to see name of cafe on sign for complex (movie theater, other restaurants, etc). Was greeted as we walked in the door and had prompt service. Food was wonderful. We had a chicken salad sandwich and a french dip sandwich. Both had great flavor and were good size. I could only finish 1/2 of my sandwich and ate the chicken salad off the other half. The other great thing we had were the chips. Made fresh and served warm - AMAZING! Wish we were staying longer so we could try their breakfast.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denton, Texas
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I go to Sidewalk Bistro 2-3 times per month because we enjoy it and know that we are going to receive a good meal and good service. I was a little afraid that when they expanded the restaurant, the food and service would suffer. But they have maintained their standards and the servers are still great.

We usually go for breakfast, but have had lunch at Sidewalk as well. My grandson's favorite is the chorizo and eggs, and I love their omelets (although they are a bit large . . . always end up taking some home). The lunch menu has a nice variety, and we have never been served anything we didn't like. Be sure to order the chips and salsa . . . it's all homemade, and the chips aren't made until you order them, so they are served hot.

I definitely recommend this restaurant, and know that it will remain on our favorites list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denton, TX
“Quiet and Relaxing but Not Remarkable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Sidewalk Bistro is a neighborhood restaurant so I had hoped it would be particularly good, however it was only average. The spring salad I ordered was excellent and I would order it again anytime. Other food ordered included a fried steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Unfortunately, the gravy tasted of flour and the steak lacked seasoning. My husband said his burger was pretty good and my daughter like the grilled steak and rice okay. We shared a piece of lemon cake which was good but it tasted as if it was off an assembly line.

Service was not great unfortunately. Our wait person disappeared for long periods of time. Another person ended up filling our empty drinks and bringing condiments. This person (who I suspect was the owner or manager) was quite friendly and helped to make up for the lack of quality service.

I will try the restaurant again, but will order breakfast next time. I suspect they do a better job at breakfast.

Overall, the restaurant has potential. My hope is they will streamline their menu so that they can improve the quality of the items they make. It would be nice to have a friendly neighborhood restaurant with quality food and a relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Impressionnant/Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went to have breakfast on Sunday. This place is really wonderful. It was spacious and relaxing. They had a wonderful menu.
My wife ordered migas (A dish prepared with eggs and tortillas). I ordered a build your own omelet. It was simply delicious. My daughter ordered eggs florentine. She really enjoyed it. Prices were very reasonable. My wife and I had a wonderful piece of lemon cake. The staff was courteous, friendly, and delightful. They made sure we were satisfied. I will definitely return. I will be back for lunch or dinner next time.
It is nice to find a place that let's you relax and gives you coffee refills without giving you the stare down so they can get your table. This place rocks!

Visited June 2013