“Great Trip” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4465 North I-35, Denton, TX 76207   |
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Denton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I always stay at La Quinta when I travel for obedience trials with my dog. This one was especially good because it had tons of grass with an outside seating area. It also backed up to a large amount of land where my dog could actually run off leash.

The hotel is new and kept up well. The room was extremely comfortable and the towels were super soft, nice.

Would definitely reccommend and stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
TJ P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We truly appreciate for taking the time to give us a generous review!

I am glad that you and your pet had a wonderful and “extremely comfortable” experience during your stay. We look forward for your next visit again soon and we will make sure to continue to provide you with those soft towels that you’ve enjoyed.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our stay was very comfortable. IT is a newer hotel and nicely furnished and very comfortable. The breakfast, as always at LaQuinta, was very good and most adequate. We had a room close to an outside door and this was nice as I have a dog.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review!

It is so nice to always hear that you and your friends had a great time during your stay. We do hope that you would continue to choose to stay at our hotel in the future.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I booked this room at the beginning of January for one night in March, after an event at Cowboys stadium, before getting back on the road to Minnesota the next day. The event was not over until 12AM. I called at 12:30 to let the front desk know we were on our way. The nice person that answered informed me that there were no rooms left, that they were actually overbooked. He did inform me of one other hotel that was nearby that might not have been booked, but they did not accept pets. He did apologize, but did not have any other options for us. Luckily I was able to find another La Quinta slightly south of there. I was not angry with the person on the phone, because it was more than likely not his fault, but I was mad that the hotel did this. I made the reservations about 2 months ahead of time, if they are not going to honor late arrivals, this should be clearly stated. I knew we would have a pet and I realize that it is sometimes hard to find a place. If you stay here and will be late, I would call ahead to make sure they are not going to give away your room.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We often stay at LaQuinta's because they are so pet-friendly and we often travel with our two small dogs. This LaQuinta was very nice - looked newly decorated/remodeled and the decor was very nice. We needed to check-in early and they were able to accommodate us. The front desk staff was very friendly, helpful, and professional. We felt safe in this hotel and it was a great place to stay with dogs. There were several other people there with dogs. They had enough grassy areas for "potty areas." Our bed was comfortable. I liked how we had full control over the air conditioning - you could put it on heat or air and adjust the temperature exactly how you wanted it. The room was a little small but we were here for a quick trip and it was fine. If you were staying longer, maybe look into a suite. Breakfast the next day was good - typical LaQuinta breakfast - biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, waffles, yogurt, cereal, etc. For the money, staying with our pets for free, free wi-fi and free breakfast, it can't be beat! We will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your generous review!

We also like to think that our guest’s pets are to be treated with the same privileges as their owners so we always try our best to give them a comfortable experience as well. We are glad that you had a safe and wonderful experience during your stay.

We sincerely hope that you could visit us again soon.
Sweetwater, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a clean room, but the tile in the bathroom floor needed repair and the bathtub/shower grout was awful - really makes you feel like it's a dirty place. The breakfast would have been good I'm sure, but the service was poor and they were out of items, including coffee. There was still an hour left before they stopped serving, so it wasn't a matter of avoiding over-cooking. Overall, it was ok - we probably won't stay again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your concerns during your stay.

I deeply apologize for the bathroom floor, as well as the bathtub/shower grout. We hope that you could give us another chance to truly give you the lodgings and breakfasts that you deserve.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive? Share your experiences!