“Clean, Comfortable, and Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4465 North I-35, Denton, TX 76207   |
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Denton
Madison, Wisconsin
“Clean, Comfortable, and Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed here for a quick stop while traveling across the country. The hotel accepts dogs without additional fees, which is the primary reason we stayed here. The hotel appeared to be relatively new and was very clean. We stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom, which was very spacious and worth the extra money. The pool was very nice- the kids had a great time, and the pool deck had plenty of chairs and tables for relaxing while the kids stayed active in the water. Breakfast was typical for complimentary fare, and the coffee was decent. Check in and check out was smooth and efficient. The hotel is convenient to I-35 with lots of choices for food via a short drive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
GMVeronica, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you for writing a review. We have recently redone our breakfast, we had alot of compliments on our previous set up but we decided to upgrade a few choices to get smiles from everyone about our breakfast.
Next time your in town, come try it out.

Hope to see you soon,
veronica Arreola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My family and I checked into the hotel for Christmas after reading good reviews about the hotel.
We checked in late Christmas Eve and were amazed by the size of our two bedroom suite. We had a large entrance way, a good size room with a pull-out sofa, mini fridge, sink and microwave. The bedroom was incredibly large and spacious. Maybe a bit too spacious. It was almost like the room was missing furniture. The room could have used a could extra tables and lamps. However, this is a minor complaint.
Service was hit and miss. When we checked in, there was dirty trash in the garbage can under the sink. While it was off-putting, it was easy to understand and forgivable seeing as the trash can was hidden. Sadly though, when I went to the front desk to ask that the trash be emptied (as it was quite disgusting and could start to stink) and extra blankets, the front desk clerk failed to take action by the time we returned from midnight mass. The front desk clerk then working when we got back was quick to remedy the situation and was apologetic. A couple days later, the housekeeping crew failed to live up to expectations; a dirty washcloth balled up in the corner of the tub was left behind after the cleaning. It would be hard to believe that the housekeepers would think that the cloth was meant to be re-used.
The breakfast in the morning was lack luster at best, and probably more accurately described as bad. The eggs were bland and juice was watery. The waffles were good and bacon was passable.
Overall, the hotel was great, especially for our needs. The room was clean and spacious, a perfect place to celebrate Christmas while on the road. The so-so service and less-than-ideal breakfast can and should be overlooked when looking at the stay as a whole.

Room Tip: Two room suites are amazing and highly recommended
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
This information is so valuable, I will look into the issues and concers you stated in your review to make sure the have been taken care of. When you are in the are remember that La Quinta Inns & Suites Denton is Here for you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

From the front desk service to the great room I stayed in it was great! I really enjoyed my stay. I was able to get a good work out and have a hot cup of coffee! Everytime I'm in Denton I'll be sure to stay at this hotel!

Richard

• Stayed December 2011
GMVeronica, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Richard,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you again soon!
Arcadia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Came to visit family for the holidays, did not expect the rooms, hotel, and staff to be awesome!. Staff was always pleasant and ready to help in any way. The GM was very sweet and accommodating, always making sure we had everything we needed. Would not expect this kind of accommodations for the inexpensive rate we paid!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

We hope to see you again soon!
Corinth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

The Hotel was very clean and new. Everyone from the front desk clerk to the General manager made everyone in our family feel very welcomed. The location was perfect, close to everything. I was very happily surprised that we got such good quality for the great price of $89.00 a night.I will recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
GMVeronica, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Denton- University Dr La Quinta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

At La Quinta Inn, we are constantly striving to provide excellent service and satisfaction to all of our guests. We are especially grateful when a guest takes the time to write.

Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This hotel was wonderful. The staff was friendly, the standard suite was amazing. Everything was great. I will definitly stay again. The general manager assisted all of my needs. No complaints at all. I would recommand this hotel to everyone traveling around the Denton area. It made me feel right at home. I love it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
GMVeronica, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this review, October 28, 2011
Greetings,

I am so happy to here you enjoyed your stay.
If you are ever in the area keep in mind we are HERE FOR YOU!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011 via mobile

It was a rainy day and as soon as I walked in the front desk staff was wonderful. They found all the ways and more to accommadaDenton My room was fresh and detailed clean. It made me feel right at home. I defenitly recomend this hotel and I would be staying at this La Quinta every time I traveled to Denton.

• Stayed October 2011
GMVeronica, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
I am very excited to hear about your great stay.
Here at La Quinta Inns & Suites we are always HERE FOR YOU!

940-808-0444

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive? Share your experiences!