“Best place to stay if you're going to a Nascar race at Texas Motor Speedway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2907 Shoreline Drive, Denton, TX 76210   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Denton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Byram, Mississippi
“Best place to stay if you're going to a Nascar race at Texas Motor Speedway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed there while in town for a Nascar race. The hotel is in a great location close to the interstate, gas stations, and resturants. This hotel was so nice and clean. I like how all the rooms are suites. The room I was in had a seperate living room area, a kitchen area with hardwood flooring, granite counters, a full size fridge,stove top,dishwasher,and microwave. It was just like being at home. And this hotel was so quiet and the price was amazing !! And I arrived about 3 hours early but it was no problem at all, got checked right in. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Denton area and it's the only place I'll stay when I go back.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We recently stayed with this hotel for a wedding! It was fantastic. The staff was so friendly and helpful! It was very clean also! We met alot of the staff for the 4 days we were there and honestly can't imagine anyone having bad reviews. I would definetely stay here again the next time I'm in Denton!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MAuchard, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear 96Familyfun,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was welcoming and responsive to your needs. We look foward to accomodating you in the future.

Michaela Auchard
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice lobby, great location near restaurants. Lake across the street for walking - very pretty. Nice breakfasts and dinners with bottles of wine! Comfortable rooms. If they only had higher grade mattresses and decent clock radio, would be a solid "10".

Room Tip: Stay away from the dreaded ice machine!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MAuchard, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with our Homewood Suites in Denton, Texas. We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope that on your next trip to Denton that you will choose to stay with our hotel.
Noble, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Was disappointed with the lack of having any snacks available during Christmas evening and the housekeeping was limited. Ran of of critical supplies and could not get anyone to acknowledge the request. It was snowy and icy and there was no attempt by anyone to clear the entry or parking lot. Trying to get into the hotel and exit was unsafe. Again no one responded to any request for assistance. The breaker went off in the room so no ceiling fan or bathroom light. Again, total lack of response to request for assistance.
I know it was the holiday season but some of the basic requests should have been responded to.
With your 100% satisfaction guarantee - it failed to meet the test. I have stayed in many Hilton properties and have always had great service. Was disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
MAuchard, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Dixie J,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We take them very seriously and try to learn from our guest experience. I understand your frustration during your visit over Christmas and I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay if it is not inconvenient.

You can e-mail me at michauchard@chartwellhospitality.com or call at 940-382-0420.
I look forward to speaking with you.

NorthCarolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel, great staff, wonderful breakfast! Our two boys 2&4 slept on the fold out couch. The mattress was horribly uncomfortable for me, but they seemed to not mind.

I would stay here again, just on the top floor and never fall asleep with my boys on that couch! We were on the 1st floor and our upstairs neighbor stomped like KING KONG! other than that, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear courtneychanda2013,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel. It is exciting to know that you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope that we have the opportunity to accommodate you on your next visit to Denton.
Waxahachie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this Homewwod several times after it was first openned and loved it. Not so much now. Unfortunately, like most hotels in college towns, this one is in need of some TLC. Every lamp shade in the room was either ripped or beat up. The headboard was hanging a good inch lower on one side. ( made me crazy) The shower door actually came out of it"s track and fell on me while I was in the shower. They did fix that immediately. The coffee was old and cold at 6am Sunday and the breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and soggy tater tots. We also keep noticing a funky smell in the hallway and in the bathroom. The management of this hotel needs to wake up and start caring for this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MAuchard, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Susan O,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I’m very sorry that you had the experience that you had at the hotel and would like the opportunity to speak to you more about your stay. The challenges that you mentioned are not acceptable.
If you would like to discuss your stay more directly with me please call me directly at 940-382-0420 or you may email me at MAuchard@ChartwellHospitality.com I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.
College Station, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend and my dog so he could visit some friends in Oklahoma. We got there on a Firday and the room was really nice. They $75 for a pet is kind of pricey but I was willing to pay because I don't ever board my dog. We were all woken up around 2:30 am by my dog running around cause she could hear people. Well that was just a start. It got louder and louder and they were running from room to room and pretty much not caring about others in the hotel. I called the night auditor and he explained to me that a bridal party had just gotten back so I excused the noise for a little while. After about 30 minutes I couldn't stand it so we took my dog to go outside. As he walked her I went to speak with the night audit and he was very nice yet nothing happened about the noise so we left our hotel room around 3 am to go get food cause we had nothing else to do since we couldn't sleep. After returning at 4am the noise was still going on and never calmed down. I was so tired I passed out. The next morning there was a note under my door with a $5 starbucks card and a short note on plain paper. No letterhead, no real signature so unapologinic. What am very unhappy with my stay or at least the actions that were not taken. I mean since I didnt sleep a free or discounted rate would've been great. Or a refund on my pet deposite because I did pay for her to stay and not to get woken up inturn waking me up which never happens

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kar024,
I’m very sorry that you experienced an uncomfortable weekend with our hotel. I am very aware of the weekend that you are speaking about and the many challenges.
I would like to have the opportunity to work with you and make this situation right. You can call me directly at 940-382-0420 or by email, MAuchard@ChartwellHospitality.com.
Michaela Auchard,

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton? Share your experiences!