“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Oklahoma
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was a bit difficult to locate at first because there weren't adequate signs and its off the main road. That was a good thing though as it was very quiet and not a lot of traffic.
The hotel and the room was very clean and updated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear TBrigham,

Thank you for your kind review. We strive to provide all of our guests with a wonderful stay. I'm happy to hear we were able to provide that for you. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Denton!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Harlingen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a very nice property. The lobby and rooms are very nice. However we did have a few issues. The WiFi access from our room 303 was sketchy at best. The fridge hardly cooled the items we put in it. Finially, the breakfast. Normally, we travel on the weekend. This time we were traveling during the week. When we checked in we were not told the hours, as a result we assumed the hours would be what we had experienced at other HIE locations (6-10). WRONG (6-9:30). We arrived @ 9:35. Everything was already cleaned up the person who was in the area walked right past my wife with no comment and literally slam the door in her face. I was at the front desk resolving the other issues. The front desk person did offer to have them set up for us but after the treatment we declined. The other issues were resloved. however this one is still outstanding. All the other personnel we encountered at the facility were very pleasant. I would recommed this property despite our issues.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Paul4093,
Thank you for your kind review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the issues you encountered. I apologize that you encountered any issues and will pass your review along to my staff so we can get these issues resolved. We hope to see you next time you're in Denton.

Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was driving from Oklahoma City to College Station Texas after a full days work in OKC. I knew I was going to hit traffic and wanted to stop before I hit the city. This property was pretty much perfect. Super clean rooms, nice people at desk, and comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Whereaminow1,
Thank you for your kind review! We strive to provide all of our guests with a wonderful stay and I'm happy to hear that you found yours perfect. We hope to see you next time you're passing through Denton!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I booked this hotel along with several other wedding guests based solely on the location and the shuttle service to the wedding venue. I was a bit hesitant (because I did not research it), so it was a pleasant surprise when I arrived. We were allowed to check in a few hours early, and the Suite was lovely and spacious. Everything was very clean and the staff were lovely and accommodating.

During this holiday, I stayed at several 5 star hotels, and let me just say that the bed here was the BEST thing ever! I didn't want to leave the bed, and managed to sneak in as many extra minutes as possible. If you're a fluffy bed lover, you're in the right place. Honestly so comfortable!

The breakfast was nice, and good for someone on the go early the next morning. Some things seemed like they had been out for a while, but there were plenty of other options. No Texas waffles though hehe.

The only low points (which do not change my opinion, but may help others) are:
-We traveled from overseas, so we needed to steam our clothes, but they did not have one. We used the steam setting on the iron which took longer, but worked out fine.
-The shuttle service to the wedding venue was a shared service with La Quinta. The driver did not work for Holiday Inn, and was not very nice. It was a van that smelled of smoke, and you had to request the shuttle in advance. We gave the driver $10 and asked him to pick us up at 11, he gave us his number and ensured us he would pick us up then since we tipped him and were nice. When the wedding ended, he told us he was already booked and too bad. We had to find another ride back to the hotel and then saw the driver there. We asked him why he didn't pick us up and he said "I'm off" and walked out.
-Coffee pot in the room was poor and did not work. Problem solved by getting coffee downstairs at breakfast!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the suite, it has so much room and it much quieter than the other rooms!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. We strive to provide all of our guests with a pleasant stay and I'm glad to hear we did that for you! I apologize about the issues you encountered with our shuttle. I will make sure to speak with the employee regarding this matter. We hope to see you next time you're in town!

Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a larger Hilton with friendly service. We were upgraded to a King Suite which was very spacious and had a separate small kitchenette area. The room was very clean except for some garbage missed on the sofa from a prior occupant (a piece of some kind of wrapper). The property was very quiet. They have a complimentary breakfast included which offered most of what you'd get at an HIE. Instead of just eggs they had pre-made omelets with salsa inside. However the bacon wasn't very crispy and there wasn't any tea available. They did seem to replenish the hot items timely. All in all a good choice and what you expect from a HIE.

Room Tip: opt for a room on the backside
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review. We strive to provide all of our guests with a wonderful stay and I"m glad to hear that we were able to provide that for you. I apologize that we didn't have any tea available when you were here and I will make sure the issue doesn't happen again. We hope to see you next time you're in town!

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

After having an exceptional experience at a HIE in Austin airport area, I chose this one in Denton. Not the same at all. When I checked in, someone had left the AC set to 60 degrees. The room was like a walk-in cooler. It took over an hour with the heat on to get it comfortable enough to sleep. The internet is terrible. I get so tired of lousy internet at hotels. This is inexcusable in 2014. Light bulbs were out, bath drain would not close, etc etc. overall it didn't totally suck, but don't assume all HIE's are the same.

Stayed April 2014
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't completely enjoy your stay with us. I have shared your review with our staff so we can work to improve on the issues you had. I hope next time you're in Denton you'll give us another chance.

Bryant, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had the pleasure to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites UNT in Denton Texas.The hotel is clean and well maintained.Breakfast was good,the rooms are spacious and the pool and hot tub were just just what the Doctor ordered.The pool was a bit on the small side but since I was alone most of the time,it did not matter.The fitness room was way small and if this is important to you,you may want to stay elsewhere.I hate that I am so bad with names but the young slim hispanic lady on the evening shift was nice and very professional ( Good luck in nursing school ).I will stay here again the next time I'm in Denton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! I know which employee you're speaking of and I will pass your kind words to Luz! I'm glad to hear that you will stay here again with us and we look forward to seeing you.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU? Share your experiences!