“A Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Denton
New York City, New York
“A Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We are frequent guests at this facility and wanted to recognize the team for providing what I and my colleagues would describe as an exceptional level of service on a very consistent basis. The facility is well run, fairly priced and in a very good location with respect to dining and shopping options. If you know the back roads of this area, one can save a lot of time with regard to the traffic congestion which plagues much of Denton along I35.

The staff at this facility are simply great. From Gina in the sales office, to the front desk and Bistro teams, and Sheila the night manager, the employees at this hotel clearly recognize what service is all about and deliver an experience which has been nothing short of fantastic. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front facing side as the air conditioning units or folks enjoying the outdoor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Was supposed to spend three weeks here, only spent three days. Had room 212 which was perfect - studio size, bigger than expected, very clean, cool, moder, with a balcony to boot. Bed was crazy comfortable.

Drinks were $7.50 at the bar, which is ridiculous. I'm high-tier with Marriott and never experienced such pricing at a low-mid-range area's bar/restaurant. For this alone, I'd say don't stay here. Hate saying that because it's a nice place, but that's well above market price and it's ripping off business travelers just 'cuz.

Room Tip: Ask for room 212.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denton, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly value your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your room however we are saddened to hear you shortened your stay with us. Our bar pricing is competively priced based on the market and the service level we provide. While we hate for you to utilize another establishment, there are four restaurants adjacent to our hotel, each with bars and various drink specials. We do feature happy hour in our Bistro daily from 5-7 with discounted beverages and appetizers. We do hope that you will reconsider staying with us on your next visit to Denton. Thanks again for the review!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights while attending a workshop at UNT. The staff was very helpful with our requests, the room was quiet, roomy, very clean and nicely equipped. The breakfast was very good. However, the early morning complimentary coffee disappeared during breakfast hours, which seemed unbefitting an otherwise classy place. Nice workout facility on site and complementary wi-fi, which was a great amenity. They offered a free shuttle service to our daily workshop location, which was another very nice feature. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Next time I would request the top floor. I asked upon arrival but there was no availability. I was a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our property. We are so glad to hear that your accomodations and amenities met your needs. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to UNT and Denton. Thanks again!
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've had the pleasure to be here awhile now and get the lay of the land so I wanted to do another review. Its not often you stay with a hotel family for as long as I have and I have to say this hotel really goes the extra mile to make sure you're taken care of. The entire staff that I interact with is always so helpful (Gina, Sarah, Adam, Krista, Sania, Raquel, and Evie). I may have spelled a name or 2 wrong, but they are magnificent when it comes to delivering customer service to their guests. When I come to Denton the next time around I'll be considering the Courtyard for my hotel needs. A big thank you to the Courtyard Denton staff.

Room Tip: The extended kings rock!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property and to highlight the associates that have been taking such good care of you. I will be sure to share this review with all of them, they will be delighted to see it. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our first impression was NOT a great one. As we walked in the doorway, mid-afternoon, the front desk clerk met us with a scowl, barely a hello, very curt, borderline rude to the point we wanted to go somewhere else, but chose to stay. Spoke to manager the desk morning who was very apologetic for her. Seems they had other problems with this girl, but still kept her. We decided to cut our visit short, even though the accommodations were wonderful, and the rest of the staff was excellent! Breakfast was great, but every time we saw same girl at front desk, she looked bothered by everyone. Just wasn't worth it, so we left early. Will check if she's there if we decide to book again or check into another hotel.

Room Tip: Manager and most of staff are awesome! Don't let one young girl at front desk ruin your stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denton, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your accommodations. I am disturbed to hear that you received less than superior service from one of our Front Desk associates. I am unable to identify what associate you wrote about, I would love to have the opportunity to discuss with you personally. If you could take a moment to contact me via email or phone to discuss. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Denton area.
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very clean room and super quiet. There were two different large groups staying at the hotel and I slept until my alarm woke me up. Many times, I awake to doors slamming or showers running, but this hotel was extremely quiet- even on the first floor! Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stay at the Denton Courtyard for business about once every month for a few nights. Whenever I get to the front counter to check in, I'm always greeted by a friendly, smiling face. Sheea is wonderful and always has a smile for me. Makes coming to Denton that much nicer!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Denton? Share your experiences!