“Very good, but better service could make it great” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Denton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Bend, Indiana
“Very good, but better service could make it great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been staying for business for the past few days and I will be here for the next few weeks. As a business traveler who is here everyday for a very long time, I see a lot of the things that normal travelers don't.

First, the rooms are always in great condition. I've never come into a Courtyard and had it be dirty, smelly, or wrecked. This is partially why I stay at Marriotts. The check-in process is always smooth and I've never had problems with noise or privacy.

Second, the facilities look nicer than other Courtyards around the nation. I really do like the appearance, the outdoor patio, the pool area, and the lounge. It definitely feels very Texas.

Last, the service here is very good, but I have noticed that they have consistently made errors on food orders and billing issues. Consistently, for a week, my colleague's breakfast had small errors (fruit instead of potatoes, potatoes instead of fruit) and the last time I checked out there was a small error with my room charges that took some time to clear up.

To their credit, they fixed all of these errors and that's why I'm rating them very good. I am not docking them for these errors (everybody makes mistakes), I'm docking them for the consistency of the errors. For me, a rating of 5 must be pretty well put together and...this place is almost there.

I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would definitely get a room that faces the back of the property. The front is facing a complex par...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denton, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our property, we greatly appreciate the feedback. We are so glad that our hotel meets your needs and provides the amenities you require as a business traveler. I apologize for the errors in the restaurant with your food order. Unfortunately we have a small glitch in the computer system that we are trying to get fixed, which doesn't print the substitutes (fruit instead of potatoes). Our staff is pretty good about catching it but there are times when it can be busy and get overlooked. Our staff does work hard to make sure the orders are 100% accurate. Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Waco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here one other night and it was fine so when we had to drop off our son at UNT we decided to stay here again since it was convenient. I booked on the Marriott website and paid for a king bed. There was three of us so we needed the king bed plus the sleeper sofa. We checked in around 10pm on the 24th of Aug. A very nice young lady checked us in and when I opened the door it was a Queen bed not king. I went back up to the desk and explained to her the situation and she would not believe me so she HAD TO GO SEE FOR HERSELF that it was in fact a queen bed. She then proceeded to let me know how they were booked solid that the only thing she could do was offer us two queens. I would not budge as I know my rights. I asked for them to give us the additional room at no charge because it was they're mistake not mine. She called the mgr and he would not come to talk to me, he just told her that that was all she could do, that I would have to pay for the other room if I wanted it.
I was furious. The girl said one other family had a king and had not checked In, that she will ask them if they would be okay switching. To my surprise they were good with it. I was relieved.
All in all we got to the room 45 minutes after checking in! I was very upset. When a hotel fails you like this it makes me not want to stay there again. I asked for what I thought was fair, since we would be leaving early the next morning but was denied my request. I do not like sleeping in queen beds, when there's two of us. It's just more comfortable to have a king sized bed. I don't think i'll be back, I just can't trust that they will not make that mistake again. I'm just grateful the other party agreed to switch. Other than that the rooms are fine.

Room Tip: Confirm your room prior to checking in and check in early! Otherwise they may give away your room t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denton, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I apologize that your check-in did not go smoothly and took so long. The weekend you stayed with us was busy with all the students returning to the local universities. Your room was not given away however due to being a late check in you were given one of the last rooms available as the rest of the hotel was already occupied. This room does have a queen bed and is handicap accessible therefore does not have the pullout sofa. I apologize that these accomodations did not meet your needs. If we can do anything further please feel free to contact the property directly. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels in the country.
- Extremely clean hotel and rooms
- Very spacious rooms
- Very friendly knowledgeable staff
- Their little cafe produces some great food.

Even if your business is farther South in Dallas, come to this property and you'll feel so relaxed and appreciate coming here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denton, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are so honored to be one of your favorite hotels! We look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Dallas/Denton area!
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night while traveling through Denton and thoroughly enjoyed by stay. The room was surprisingly large and had a nice spacious sitting area as well. I did have an issue with my on demand movie not playing, however the staff was accommodating and prompt with trying to find a resolution. The bar/restaurant area is pretty quiet and this hotel isn't a social scene by any means, however great value for the money. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad you had a great experience and enjoyed your room. We greatly apologize for the on demand movies not working in your room. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

First, I would like to start off with the customer service when booking my stay. I always get the most courteous and fast service. The rooms are always clean and the lounge is a nice touch at night. Starbucks is always a plus to wake up to in the morning. Again, the customer service is by far the best I have experienced at a hotel! I will continue to stay here every time I pass through Denton!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are so glad you were able to enjoy all the amenities we offer. Our staff takes great pride in providing outstanding customer service! We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel was ideally situated near the University of North Texas. It was close enough to reach campus and far enough away to avoid the noise. The hotel was clean, very modern and had excellent staff to assist with directions. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and plan to return next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad that you found our location convenient to the UNT campus and the amenities met your needs. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton and UNT.
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Denton Courtyard is perfect. First, it's clean and friendly which is a must in my opinion. The Hotel staff is friendly and treats you like FAMILY. Location is convient and close to Downtown Denton. The rooms are big, roomy, comfortable beds and always clean. The bistro is great in the evneing and the the lounge is great place to watch the Mariners beat the Rangers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our property. We are so glad our hotel meets your needs and the staff has taken great care of you! We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton and watching the Rangers beat the Mariners!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Denton? Share your experiences!