“Relaxation with a touch of class!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 25 hotels in Denton
Waynesville, Missouri
“Relaxation with a touch of class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

After a nine hour drive I was very happy to be staying here. The room was very large and spacious and impeccably clean. My rate included a complimentary breakfast which was spot on. Not just some rinky dink check the block meal. A custom meal to order. The bistro staff was exceptional. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denton, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Courtyard. We are so glad your room and breakfast met your needs. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fort Hood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The room I stayed in was very nice. I had forgot a few items and had no trouble receiving complementary sundries from the check in staff. They only offered one complementary breakfast witht the room, but they had a good breakfast bar and the prices were reasonable for the paying customer.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Sturtevant, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Enjoyable stay at Courtyard Marriott in Denton, TX. Only thing I was dissatisfied with was the pricing on the food items at the Bistro for breakfast and dinner. The food pantry prices were also too high, in my opinion. There are restaurants nearby to go to. Otherwise, everything else was very good. The staff was attentive and polite. Room was clean and neat. Great price for very comfortable accomodations!! I especially enjoy the in room coffee for the morning!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard. Our food is prepared fresh and made to order. While the prices may appear high, you are able to order exactly what you want versus paying for a full buffet with mediocre food. Our Bistro allows you the flexibility to purchase items a la carte being more cost effective than the old buffet. We are so glad you enjoyed your accommodations. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great location, stayed one night for business. Has the standard Bistro, but did not eat there in favor of getting food elsewhere. Several restaurants within walking distance. Rooms were updated, had a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard. We greatly value your wonderful review. We look forward to serving you on your next Business trip to Denton.
Port Aransas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Staff needs to stay by desk. Had to wait a few minutes each time we needed something. Highly recommend a top floor as we had children in the room above us, and we did not sleep well. Rooms were very clean, and comfortable. Texas Roadhouse is a short walk away. No breakfast, which I usually get at other Marriott properties.

Room Tip: Get a room on top floor!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denton, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the adjacent restaurants met your needs. Please accept our apologies for the staff not being present at the front desk at all times. Our front desk staff is also responsible for keeping our lobby neat and tidy and assisting our Bistro and at times they may be away from the desk but should always be visible in the lobby. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
Fort Knox, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stay at Marriott Courtyard brand quite frequently. Our arrival went okay although I did notice the unkempt, unprofessional desk staff. Our room did not have the additional linens requested in my profile and required for the number of people in our room. I located housekeeping staff in the hallway and they assisted. I went to get ice, machine broken on 4th floor. Called the desk to report. Went to the third floor to get ice, machine broken. Really? Went to the desk and reported that machine broken. Was directed down the first floor hall for ice. My real problem started when I went to get some coffee in the lobby ( this is usually there 24/7 and complimentary). No coffee and a sign stating that "as of January 29th they would no longer provide coffee in the lobby. Please go to the cafe and purchase coffee." However, the cafe was not open. Early the next day, headed out to my conference at 6:30, cafe not open. No personnel on the desk area or anywhere to be seen. I waited a while and gave up. Came back later to ask about the hours of the cafe. The young man on the desk was in a long conversation with a young lady. After a while I tried to politely interrupt and ask about the cafe hours. Indignantly he told me that he was helping someone else. He seemed to be trying to get a date with this woman.I asked if there were any other staff to speak with and could I have his name. He refused to give me his name. He hailed another young man walking by who seemed clearly frustrated to be asked to speak with me. He gave me the hours of the cafe. and told me to use the coffee make in my room. That little machine and powdered creamer was a joke. Once again, REALLY? What good is it to have Starbucks coffee in you hotel if no one can ever get any. I asked for his name and he reluctantly gave it to me while shaking his head. He then just walked away. I can only assume that the management of the particular Courtyard has issues. I have never experienced this type of rude, inappropriate behavior before at a Courtyard or Marriot brands. I will not be staying here again. I could suggest the Hilton just a block away. One of my friends stayed there and the staff treated her like royalty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer service and apologize if you feel you did not receive that during your stay with us. As of January 2013 Marriott has removed complimentary coffee from the lobbys in Courtyards that feature the Bistro. We brew Starbucks in our Bistro and the Front Desk is trained to prepare Starbucks beverages during the hours our Bistro is closed. In addition, the front desk has additional in-room coffee available and liquid creamer is available upon request. The front desk agent in question was speaking to another member of your conference and inquiring about shuttle transportation to and from the venue. He was in no way trying to "date" this individual, rather offering her the service we provide by explaining how to get to and from the venue. Again, please accept our apologies for any service failures you feel you experienced and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel has lovely rooms and is in quiet location about 5 miles from University of North Texas. The only problem with the hotel is that everything is extra. There is coffee in the room, but it is not as good as at the coffee bar in the lobby (pay for coffee). No breakfast is served, but there is coffee in the morning. Again, not the coffee available at the coffee bar for a cost, but sufficient. Walk to Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Starbucks is 1/2 mile away. Large mall is also located 1/2 mile away. Great bed, clean bathroom, slow, free, internet. Great firepit out back to sit and meet others.

Room Tip: Book ground floor rooms early, they are hard to get. We stayed on the fourth floor and it was lovel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denton, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us at the Courtyard in Denton. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our location met your needs. Our hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast, as we have a Bistro available in the morning for breakfast and the evening for dinner. While it is a separate charge, you are able to get what you want, prepared fresh when you order. All Courtyards are in the process of transitioning to the Bistro concept. We do also offer the convenience of Starbucks at our Bistro without having to leave the hotel. We are in the process of upgrading our Internet service and should have that completed by March. It will continue to be free and speeds will be greatly increased. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Denton? Share your experiences!