“Well-run motel right off the freeway” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Denton to your Saves list
Knights Inn Denton
Knights Inn Denton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 Interstate Highway 35E, I-35 East & Ft Worth Drive, Denton, TX 76205 (Formerly Days Inn Denton)   |
Ranked #25 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Berkeley, CA
“Well-run motel right off the freeway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Knights Inn Denton is right off the west access road near UNT Denton. Shopping is close by, as are restaurants. The rooms are well-taken care of and the service is prompt. Breakfast is part of the deal, starting at 6am - this alone makes it worth the price. A sign in the rooms says that if you forgot any amenities, the hotel will provide them - a service found in more expensive hotels.

Room Tip: Face away from the freeway!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. I stayed here with my wife and 9 month old baby. All of the employees and guests were creepy and made sexual moves towards my wife everytime she left the room, we shrugged it off, I mean you get what you pay for right? Wrong. While my wife was in the room she would get calls on the hotel room phone asking "If you want to [--], come to room 225," well when it happened the first day she said they must have had the wrong number and we assumed it would stop. We continued to get more calls at the beginning of our second week, saying the same thing everytime, all three calls in one day. I called the office and explained what happened, they just said there was nothing they could do. I asked if they could pull the call logs they said no, and on top of that they said there was no room 225. I did a little investigating and found out that the room "225" or at least where it should have been, was a "storage room" and had the numbers scratched off. I saw that there were people inside most of these "storage rooms" that appeared to be some sort of employee housing. When I asked him about it he continued to get irate and say that it was storage. I told him my wife didn't feel comfortable and he needed to either make the calls stop find out who it is and reassure us of some sort of safety or work out a refund. His resolution was to tell us it was in the best interest of us both for us to check out. I prepaid $250 for a week stayed 3 days and got $75 back? I told him that was unfair and he change us to a "daily rate" that was much higher. So as he requested we checked out the next day and upon leaving, one of the cleaning men gave me a middle finger. When I addressed this with the manager and he said that it was "impossible" because that employee didn't know what that meant. Obviously this manager is a liar and covers up for his employees unjust actions. I would never recommend this place to ANYONE. These people are liars and crooks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice and cozy place although the reviews seem to be a bit outdated. It seems to be under new ownership/managment?
Nicely, newly painted exterior is welcoming and clean. Grounds are clean and well mantained. Rooms are comfy with King Sized beds and lots of small ammenities such as coffee maker, fluffy clean towels, iron/board, blowdryer. Waffles for breakfast are fun but everything else in breakfast is lacking. Very good service.
All in all a nice place.

• Stayed July 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night after driving from Mississippi to hear my brother-in-law's band. I purposely selected this hotel because I knew we would spend very little time in the room and because we were bringing our dog with us.

The room was fairly clean (no trash, no visible hairs, etc.), but it is obvious that this place is not well-managed. The furniture is scratched, the towels are dingy, the sheets are stained, there is no cover on the ironing board, and one of the chairs is broken. The sink and tub both have stains and cigarette burns. The curtains are falling down and the chain has been removed from the door as well. We did not see any bugs in our room, as other posters had mentioned.

My biggest problem with this hotel is that the manager called me away from the musical show we were attending to come back to the hotel and retrieve the dog from my room before they called animal control. I explained to him that both the hotel website and Trip Advisor say that the hotel allows dogs. He made me come into the office and show him on his computer. Even though he saw that the sites do day pets are allowed, he made me take my dog from the hotel. Fortunately, we had family staying at the La Quinta, so I was able to take our pet there. My husband was irritated because he felt that our dog couldn't have done any more damage to the room than what had already been done.

The La Quinta is only one block away, has much friendlier staff, and is much cleaner than the Knights Inn. I recommend that anyone who needs a cheap room should pay $10 more for something decent. Additionally, I believe that no children should be brought to the Knights Inn because it is too poorly managed.

• Stayed June 2012
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I had taken my teenage daughter to a band competition. We got up the next morning and I went to get the car to pull around closer to our room so we could pack. While I was getting the car, one of the staff an older "gentleman" swung open the room door without knocking and told me daughter to leave or pay for another room. It was 5 minutes after the posted check out time. When I came back she was scared to death. I am just thankful she had finished dressing before he came in. She went and got into the car as I continued to load the car. I went back to the room to use the bathroom and the man walked in on me and stated the same thing. Being a dad I unleashed on him about walking in on my daughter without knocking and scaring her to death. This has to be the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel and warn everyone not to go back. On top of this the door did not seal to keep the cold air out. You could see light all around the door line.

Room Tip: Don't stay. Doors don't shut well and staff walk in on you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
fort worth texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

needed a hotel over night to continue trip in am. room had bugd,mold ,on shower curtain, told management and they said sorry . did not do a thing . did npt give money back. left went to la quinta down road gave me half price for all the trouble i had already been thru. stay away

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

My friends and I stayed here b/c it was conveniently located along the highway and the price was right. For the money, well, you get what you pay for, so I can't complaint but I DON'T recommend staying here. The rooms weren't clean (crumbs on the floor, trash on the floor of the bathroom), appliances were marginal (no plug in the drain of the sink), and there was a big stain that looked like vomit on the rug. The *best* thing was the doorjamb, which was repaired, but had been splintered apart at one point in time --- someone had kicked the door in. Oh, and no security locks on the door --- just a chain.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn Denton? Share your experiences!