“Good specials everyday” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Denison, Texas, United States
“Good specials everyday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Love their catfish and hush puppies. They have daily special and sometimes its all you can eat. Family atmosphere. Their grilled fish is always good. I don't often eat meatloaf but sure liked theirs.

Visited February 2014

Denison, Texas
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat there often and the food is always good. They have a good variety of meals, and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed.

Visited February 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner at Cotton Patch Cafe tonight (12/31) for the first time. It was located across the highway from our hotel.

The place was packed with customers and we had to wait a few minutes for an open table. The atmosphere, tables, chairs, etc., reminded me of some of the BBQ restaurants we've visited. However, that is not bad. The only complaint that I can make involves water covering the floor under our table. Fortunately, it wasn't deep enough to cause any problems other than getting the soles of our shoes wet.

We both had steaks and loaded baked potatoes along with a garden salad. The food was great, no problems whatsoever with that. It was prepared as we asked and was served hot (the salads were cold and fresh).

Considering the number of customers, our service was fast and efficient. And for us, most importantly, we did not feel rushed to eat and leave.

We were put in the back room in a corner table. When I first saw the table and location, I thought "out of sight and soon forgotten." But fortunately, such was not the case.

The size portions of the food was very adequate and the prices certainly were competitive with other similar restaurants we have eaten in.

This establishment deserves more than four but not five stars. Should we ever return to Denison, we'll not hesitate to eat here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denison, Texas
“Great home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I go here often for lunch. Nothing fancy but if you like southern home cooking it is a good spot. They have a coupon for five dollars ofg two entrees which Is a great deal

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Our Go-To Spot on the Road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We frequently drive from Arkansas to Austin and are usually in the Denison-Sherman area around dinnertime. We discovered the Cotton Patch several years ago and it has become our regular dining place because the service is quick, the prices are reasonable, and the food is good. It's a chain with a country theme and a huge menu. For our latest experience, my hubby had the smaller portion of Chicken Fried Chicken. It came with two sides and he was happy with it. I had the fish and chips. The smaller portion option was not available for them, but I wish it had been. The fish was battered and fried, but not greasy. It was incredibly hot and had certainly not sat around anywhere waiting to be served. There were 4 fillets and a ton of fries--all very tasty. Maybe next time I'll convince hubby to share it! Hot bread comes with all meals. Strangely, the only thing I haven't been wild about here has been the desserts, so those don't even tempt me any more. Our most recent meal with water to drink plus tax and tip was $24.

• Visited September 2013