“First Class Plus Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Denison
GreenLeadersGold level
Denison, Texas
“First Class Plus Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I am a professional pilot, flying VIP's all over the country every week..I stay at many hotels every month and have been doing this for the last 25 years...I don't write reviews as a rule, but this time i have to..this has been the cleanest, most well run place I have ever seen. Its not a big city, or run on a big budget...but they have been the nicest and most professionally run hotel I have ever seen.

I really think all the guys who run hotels should come here for training..this place is run as a tight ship...no one is messing around and puts the customer first...they even called me and my copilot to ask if they could take us out to our jet to clean and restock before we even asked..

I am a little bit of a neat freak at home..and like things in order..but these people have me beat..whether its just the friendly way this place has..the good location..and the fact that they have this down to a science..this HAS to be the number one Hampton in the U.S....it has to be!

This one is a no-brainer..if you want 100% quality at a very good price..

Room Tip: I personally like the first floor...I was right by the pool..I also stayed on the 4th floor, and it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denison, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Timmo59,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit. My staff is encouraged to find a way to "wow" every customer that walks through our doors and I am so glad that they impressed you. We hope your travels bring you back to Lake Texoma Jet Center and our town of Denison, Texas.

903.464.9010 ext 602

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My experience with this hotel was a very warm welcome from the staff; Manager was very informative and attentive to our needs; Great location close by restaurants and Casino less than 12 miles away!!!! Continental breakfast was awesome; Rooms were bright, and clean with fresh linen; I had a wonderful stay and would recommend the hampton inn hotels and suites to anyone who is traveling;

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denison, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Sylvia C,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review! Yes we are just 12 short minutes to Choctaw Casino and we actually offer shuttle service on the weekends to this venue. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and our Hampton Fresh Beds! We hope your travels bring you to Denison very soon!

903.464.9010 ext 602
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Busy weekend but the staff and manager took care of everyone. This is the way a hotel should be run. The manager was visible and very hands on with all of the guests. I would stay here again without any reservations, Clean. Fresh. Comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VPSalesMOE, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denison, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Joe N,

Thank you for taking time to write such an outstanding review! Yes it was a busy weekend with a busload of college athletes playing at Austin College and with the guests attending the World Series of Poker and Toby Keith at the Choctaw Casino in Durant. I am glad we pulled it off. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This Hampton Inn is the best hotel in at least a 100 mile radius. The rooms are spacious and always very clean and well maintained. The standard room here has such a great layout and is so big that I thought it was a suite the first few times I stayed. I've since stayed in suites at the hotel, and they are even more amazing. But what really sets this hotel apart is the hospitality. Doug Bradley is the general manager. He's so pleasant to get to know, and he really wants everone that stays at his hotel to have the greatest stay possible. Anything you need, he'll help you. He'll offer you a beer and sit and talk with you as you enjoy it. Doug will reccomend a place for dinner and then pick you up later if you've had too much to drink. Doug is the best. He runs this hotel right, and all the staff follow in kind with Doug. Daniel Cervantes is the Assistant Manager, and he is so good about helping me each time I stay. By the third time I stayed there, all the staff knew my name. And when I'm staying for business, Daniel has learned when I leave and that I need a receipt to give to my company. He has it all ready for me so that it takes only a moment for me to check out, and I can get to work without any delay. All of the staff at the Denison really try to make people happy to be there, and it works. Oh and the delicious breakfast every morning is also a plus. And Doug puts on a manager's reception certain nights of the week. Free beer, wine and dinner after a long day at work cannot be beat. They really take care of their customers. From the lobby, to the gym, to the room, the entire hotel in immaculate. And the staff, from management to the people that serve your breakfast, is so nice. They're all really great people. Hampton Inn in Denison is the best hotel I've stayed at, and I think that everytime I stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Barret,

Thank you for for taking time to write such a detailed and stunning review. When I read this, me and all of my staff had smiles on our faces. We are so pleased to have you staying with us and have enjoyed getting to know you better at our renowned Manager's Receptions here in Denison. Stay tuned for April when we take the receptions to the pool area again for fresh grilled food, refreshments, music and fun.

Thanks for your business, review and loyalty!

Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The manager's reception is great! The manager actually attended the reception and introduced himself to the visitors. This hotel is new and feels very warm. The room layout is good. The front desk person is very good and makes you feel welcome as soon as you walk in the door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bill,

Thank you for taking time to write such a fabulous review. We LOVE the fact that you used the word FABULOUS because when guests ask us how we are so successful, we tell them it is our FABULOSITY factor - we are all about wowing every customer, every visit. We look to forward to seeing you again soon!

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Last year I was recommended by Stephanie Walton (Stew) and Laila to stay at the Hampton Denison when I come to town for business. I had the distinct pleasure of receiving the best Southern Hospitality from the manager Doug and his team!!!! The rooms were and service was immaculate!!! My expectations were exceeded! I am accustomed to staying in either the Marriott Town Place Suites, or the Renaissance...being such a small time neither were available so I was not sure if I would find a decent suite in a small town! The Hamptons has been the idea stay! So much so until I didn't even bother to try any of the other local hotels. I highly recommended other business associates to stay here as well. We were here from October 2012 to December 2012! Here it is the beginning of the New Year and I am back again! I look forward to staying at the Hampton in my future business travels in Denison (which I anticipate to be quite a few)! Keep up the excellent work! PS I love the healthy brown bag breakfast:-) and complimentary drinks upon arrival!!!! I can just go on and on......

Room Tip: I have stayed on all the floors:-)! I like the 4th floor best only because there is no one walking o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mia,

Thank you so much for this review - you and all the guys from PT are the "Bestest"! We are so thrilled to have you and your entire team stay with us. We really appreciate the kind words from Leila and Stew and we love entertaining all of you at our receptions. Thank you for your business and your loyalty!

Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had read very high reviews. I am always a little skeptical about people who go on too much. My wife and I like to go up to Choctaw on occasion so I decided to give the hotel a try. I was met with a very warm welcome by Douglas Bradley, the general manager. He offered me a soda, beer or coffee. I smiled and shared with him that he was mentioned in several of the reviews. He took the time to show me his hotel. The pride he felt came through. It was obvious that it was not "just a job" for him. When I went up to check into my room, the cleanliness of the place was obvious. The halls were spotless and the room was the cleanest room I have stayed in. The breakfast was incredible. Although I did not see Doug that morning, I was met by a gentleman equally proud and enthusiastic about the hotel. I stay in Hampton quite a bit. They are always good, but this is the best. It is just obvious that everyone cares from the manager to the maid service. I will be back and just wish all hotels could be run this way. Thank you, Doug and the whole staff for going out of your way to make me feel welcome!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jim,

Thank you for writing such a great review. I am so glad that you found out that all of the "hype" is real. We are serious about hospitality here at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Denison and we are looking to make a difference one customer at a time. Let us know when you will be coming back to Choctaw so I can get you an amazing room and rate!

douglas.bradley@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Denison? Share your experiences!