“Good location, great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Good location, great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I picked this location vs the Hampton Inn in Sherman based on TripAdvisor reviews. I'm glad I did! Located off hwy 75, although the lot it is on is very private - which is a plus. A Walmart & numerous restaurants are minutes away. Key points: great value, spick-and-span clean, friendly staff, comfortable beds, yummy breakfast foods, clean pool with umbrella tables & cushioned patio chairs, free internet connection & Direct TV channels. If I had to list a con - it would be that my kids couldn't find a cartoon channel...but the Discovery channel pleased them since it was Shark week.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
VPSalesMOE, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denison, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Stacey,

Thank you for the awesome review. We are so glad that your selection process brought you to our sparkling new Hampton Inn and Suites. We know you have choices and we are thrilled that you were pleased with our hotel. I did want to mention that the DirecTV dispute is over with Viacom so Nickolodeon and the cartoon channels are back in action!

We hope to see you soon in Denison!

Douglas Bradley
903-464-9010 ext 602

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is one of the best Hampton Inn's I've been to at one of the best rates I've seen. Very clean, comfotable and their staff were very helpful. I took a large group of people from outside the US and their bilingual staff made them feel like home. I really enjoyed my stay here and next time I visit the area I will definitely stay here. I guess if I have to give a suggestion, maybe the gym could have a couple of more treadmills or weightmachines. Mig,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We traveled for one month in June across the United-States. Almost every night we stayed in a different hotel & B&B. I can safely say we can be good judges of the quality of the service, sleep and accommodation.
As usual the sight of the Hampton Inn was very much appreciated after a long drive. At this location the staffs was all particularly nice to us and we were upgraded to a suite which was a nice touch. The room was very large, and extremely clean. We also used the laundry room which was also big and clean. Next morning we enjoyed the breakfast: as usual, good choice and fresh produce. It was everything we could expect from a Hampton Inn and more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Enid, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had to stay overnight in Denison, Texas for a family funeral last week. I chose the Hampton Inn & Suites based on Trip Advisor's #1 rating for the Denison area. I convinced other family members to stay there as well. We were not disappointed. They somehow managed to put all of us in adjoining rooms. The rooms were exceptionally clean, the staff was wonderful, and the breakfast was tops. What more can I say? Simply the best!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

With my extended stays in Denison, I found the Hampton Inn to be a great home away from home. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I love that they had a manager's reception two nights a week as it gave me some "social" time while being so far from family and friends. The acting manager Doug always made sure that things were good during my stay and even helped me out to find some recreational outlets. The desk staff, particularly Mareeza and Chyna were always helpful as well.

I highly recommend this property to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

comfy bed, lots of pillows, clean rooms, great staff. free breakfast in the morning. great location. I can go on and on. we travel a lot and stayed at different hotels, by far Hilton Inn is the best Hotel we've stayed inn.

• Stayed June 2012
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Denison is a lovely area in Texas but until now the only good places to stay we're bed and breakfasts which can be pricey. This Hampton Inn had friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were clean and well stocked with lots of towels and other necessities. Breakfast was exceptional when compared with other hotels in its class. We had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: High floor allows you to enjoy watching storms as the approach.