“Not The Most Wonderful Park Ever.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 attractions in Denison
Type: State Parks, Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The birthplace of the nation's 34th President, Dwight Eisenhower.
Conroe, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Not The Most Wonderful Park Ever.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Beautiful views...mostly. Not a very good place to fish...at all! Park rangers...not very helpful.
So, kinda disappointed with this park. )):

Visited April 2013

Flint, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Great little park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Always heard of this park, and finally made time to visit. The lake is awesome and so beautiful. We ended up going to marina and renting a pontoon boat. Staff was pleasant and so helpful to deal with. We will be back ASAP for another rental, maybe next time we can hike the park :)

Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Weekend Camping Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This past weekend my husband and I went camping at Eisenhower State Park with some friends. We stayed in the Fossil Ridge area. It was a great little camping site close to the lake with a tent pad, picnic table, and fire ring and a restroom and water close by. There is a short trail down to the water and a fishing pier close to the campsites. The lake is low though, so there wasn't much fishing to do there.

On Saturday afternoon, my husband and I rented a pontoon boat from Eisenhower Yacht Club, which is in the park. We spent a few hours out on the lake doing a little fishing and relaxing. The rental was reasonably priced and the people that work there are very nice and helpful.

We had a great weekend at the park and will definitely return to camp here again.

Visited March 2013
Tulsa
5 attraction reviews
“Not my favorite state park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Nice park if you are camping or having a picnic for the day, I guess, but I really hated the fact that we had to pay full admission price just to drive the car through the park and to look at the marina that is located there. Not enough facilities to justify the high admission price, in my opinion. Marina was kind of old and not very many fun things to do there.

Visited January 2013
“Beat place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I and a friend came out here for our first Thanksgiving camping trip. Before we left home we were reading some of the reviews and were nervous about coming because of some of the bad reviews people wrote. So far we have no complaints about anything. We have had the best time. We have walked nearly the whole lake in just two days. The campsites are the best. They are not to close to any other campsite. The rangers are super friendly and check on everything through out the night. They are as quite as they can be when they come by at night. Please if you ever want to camp somewhere this is the place to be.