“Best catfish in Denison, TX!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Denison
Cuisines: Seafood
Dallas, TX
“Best catfish in Denison, TX!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Our B&B host recommended Huck's Catfish Restaurant in Denison and based on that we had dinner there. They have an extensive menu but we went for the fried catfish.

If it wasn't the best catfish I've ever eaten, it's in the top 3 catfish places I've eaten at.

My wife's french fries were a little more done than she likes them, but I thought they were fine.

The only recommendation I would make is to have an "all you can eat" option for the catfish.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denton, Tx.
“One of the best catfish places I've been to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Mother-n-law and brother-n-law had been here several times said how good it was. Wow, great catfish, and even better prices. DO NOT get a FULL order unless you can eat a lot!
Wife and I shared a full order and it was plenty. For $14.95, it comes with 2 vegetables and hush puppies. Great catfish. Everything relatives have eaten was good they said. Owner personally came out and thanked us and made sure all was right. He REALLY wants to know if there's a problem so they can correct it. There was a slight issue with a corn dog for nephew-they took it and had him another in just minutes. We're not in Denison a lot, but when we are, we will often stop here. A lil tough to find, but more than worth it!!!

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denison, Texas
“Down Home Southern Catfish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

This is a no frills restaurant that specializes in fried catfish. They have many other menu items, but catfish is king. I usually get the smallest portion available which consists of two huge pieces of catfish. A variety of side dishes are offered, and there is always a seasonal item or two. Their pinto beans are great. My companion enjoyed the spicy coleslaw (which was not on the menu). I appreciate the fact that the entire facility is non-smoking on Sunday when the after church crowd hits. The staff is friendly, attentive and hard working. The owner always makes the rounds and checks on his customers.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
1,779 reviews 1,779 reviews
1,298 restaurant reviews
“Hunk's Catfish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Huck's Catfish is located close to I-35 exit #67. It's a little hard to locate from the roadway. The parking lot was full of vehicles even though when we arrivevd it was 3:30PM. Huck's is a very nice country restaurant. It is not big city. The menu had numerous items however we stopped just for catfish. They offered the catfish fried, crispy fried or broiled. We opted for the crispy fried and recieved two large pieces on the platter, along with friesand okra. The food was very good and the prices excellant. We will definitely go back again. The inside of the restaurant is decorated in nautical.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere