“Denison Best Western” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Fort Worth, Texas
“Denison Best Western”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Outstanding staff Extremely helpful and outgoing employees Really enjoy my stay here. The breakfast is fresh and healthy. The rooms are very clean and spacious Whatever your needs the hotel staff always seems to find a way or manner to fulfill them. The Happy Hour is well attended and a favorite of the regulars

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our second stay here for business; King suite with kitchen was spacious, clean. Staff was courteous, WiFi was screaming fast - always. Our only complaint was that the walls were paper thin. We will definitely return - again.

Room Tip: I'd suggest a room at the end of the hallway; as walls are thin, fewer shared walls are best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
colleyville tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

i am a best western by choice on all business and personal stays and i consider this hotel the best i stay at for the rooms, service and people i deal with. you do a great job! see you next month. mrv

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Denison but there were some great reviews for this hotel and a good rate online so I decided to give it a try. My experience was not what I anticipated. First of all, I was very tired when I arrived and was looking forward to getting to my room with my take out order from a nearby restaurant. The hotel seemed to be completely unattended. There was no one in sights. I called the hotel phone number and it rang and rang. No one answered. 20 minutes later a young gentleman entered the front desk and I asked where he had been - he was coming into the property from an outside door! He ignored my question and just said how may I help you. The desk printed a registration slip and gave me a key. I noticed the rate was $10 higher than what I had on my confirmation. The front desk person said they have that problem all the time that their rate changes take several hours to update throughout all of the booking channels and that the higher rate was correct. I was not happy but by now my food was cold and just wanted to get to the room. Surprise, the key did not work. I went back to the desk and you guessed it - the young man was gone again! This time is was 27 minutes before he returned. He told me it was a Sunday night and I was the last arrival and that they don't need anyone at the front desk - that this is a limited service hotel not a full service hotel. I told him it is a no service hotel! After one hour I finally got to a room. The smell in the room was less than pleasant and there were dried food stains on the carpet and there was an orange buildup on the shower head and long black hairs on the floor in the bathroom. The sheets were extremely rough and uncomfortable (think Fingerhut Catalog). I finally lay down to sleep to be kept up by a ticking refrigerator. I finally dozed off but at 2am I awoke again to loud rowdy voices. I found out the next day that this is the hotel for some labor hands that work on the railroad and it can be loud and unruly at the property. The hotel breakfast was not up to my standards - institutional style sausage gravy with hockey puck like biscuits and rubber eggs - no thank you! I got a biscuit at the nearby McDonalds. That night I returned (Monday) and my room had not been cleaned! It was 430pm and I asked could it be cleaned but everyone had gone home. I was invited to join them at the manager's reception but the reception consisted of nothing to eat - not even a cracker. I was told the only time they have food is when a meeting at the hotel has leftovers and they put it out. The beverages consisted of keg beer (Busch light?) and Ernest and Julio gallon jug of Sangria. I could go on and on about the disappointment of this hotel but I think you get the message. Stay at the Holiday Inn instead!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
44644, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Texoma Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our ownership, management and staff take great pride in our ability to effectively meet each of our guest’s special requests and expectations, so please accept our sincere apologies in regards to your experience. I can assure you that we will address each of your concerns in a manner that will ensure that all future guests have an enjoyable experience. We would like to work with you directly and attempt to reconcile if at all possible. Please feel free to contact our hotel directly and request to speak with the Manager as we would like to discuss your experience and rectify it. Again, thank you and we hope you will offer us the chance to accommodate you again in the future. Have a wonderful day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The location of this hotel is excellant for any type of resturants and stores; easy access to the highway.The staff is outstanding.Customer service is at the top! Thanks, Keep up the great job! Now this is going to be alot longer than i expected! Tripadvisor is asking for 200 characters; I find that very intetesting since I have stated my review! I guess I will ramble on here till the magical number is meet!

• Stayed December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Room carpet worn, shower luke-warm. Hot breakfast items were cold. No one at front desk when we tried to checkout. Staff very friendly and accomodating. Would only stay there again if the price reflected shortfalls.

Room Tip: One elevator, and it's slow.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DeLand, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Excellent. Very clean, good breakfast and very nice staff. The only issue was the hot tub wasn't so hot and the pool was warm which doesn't matter so much to me. I travel often with business and I put this with some of the better hotels I've stayed with including Hilton and Mariott chains, and makes it a best buy considering price.
Close to Food and Shopping.
Great deal, you won't regret it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Texoma Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!