“Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Texoma” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   801 US Highway 75 N., Denison, TX 75020 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Texoma)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Texoma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The family went to spend time with in-laws in Denison and chose this hotel, because we stayed at Comfort Inn before, This hotel was another brand of hotel that their transforming it to a comfort Inn. Work was still being done as we stayed, it was just a visual problem, not any inconveince. Great breakfest and clean rooms.

Room Tip: Clean rooms and close to a Wal-mart.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Mike M

Thank You for the Great review of the Hotel! We are in the process of a remodel, and work even harder to provide each and every guest with an exceptional stay. And I am glad to see those efforts were noticed during your stay. We hope to have you again on your next visit to the Texoma area!

Jessica M Seymore
GM
Comfort Inn & Suites
Denison Texas
(903)464-0340

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
McKinney, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The wife and I wanted to get away for the weekend. Upon arriving at the hotel the lobby was clean and looked updated, the front desk clerk was very friendly and sweet.
After arriving at the room is when things went down hill from here! First impression of the room was small and old, the carpet was dirty with stain's and the furniture was old the arm chair the arms were almost black! Scuff marks on the walls bathroom stall walls had hand prints all over it. I went back up to the front desk and asked for another room, she said she was sorry about the room they were in the process of remodeling, so I asked if we could see one of the new rooms. She took us to see one of the new rooms and it was even more cramped than ours, due to the new furniture taking up more space. Plus two queen beds in there. We said we would keep our room, she then told us they were in the process of being acquired by La Quinta! Now I know these rooms will not meet their standards.
That is our review of this Comfort inn hotel. Just so you don't think I am a complainer. I have traveled for twenty five year for work and pleasure and have stayed in many Comfort inns, this just is not what I expect to see from them. I hope this does help someone who is a fellow traveler. I would not stay at this one again

• Stayed May 2014
Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I apologize that you experienced these issues, during your stay here with us. We are currently undergoing a complete remodel. We are working very hard to improve our Hotel for our guests. At the time of your stay, we had not yet started work on our bottom floor. I am glad to hear you were able to view one of our newly updated rooms. The room you were able to view is a standard room with Two Queen sized beds, which can seemed a bit cramped. However we do offer several larger rooms types such as our King Executive Suite, which offers a separate bedroom and living room space. We have this room available with Two Queen Size beds as well. We are confident that all of our guests will be very pleased with the final outcome of the renovations. I am glad you enjoyed the Friendly customer service from the desk staff. Even through a remodel our level of service and standards remains high. We strive to make every stay a great one. We do hope that you will give us the chance to make things right on your next visit through Lake Texoma are.

Take Care!
Jessica Seymore
Comfort Inn & Suites
801 US HWY 75 N
Denison, Texas 75020
dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I've stayed at this property several times and will continue to do so. It's always been a very pleasant experience. The staff go above and beyond to provide a pleasant experience. The staff is always friendly, courteous, and professional. The property is in the process of being updated, and will be a great addition to the community.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Jeanne P,
Thank You for providing such Wonderful feedback about your experiance with us on TripAdvisor. We love to get Feedback from our guests in any form! However TripAdvisor helps our furture guest in deciding which Hotel will be their Best choice. So we appriciate you taking the time to let us, and possible Future guests know about your experiance here at Comfort Inn & Suites Of Lake Texoma. We are very excited about the Remodeling underway. We work very hard to make sure that the Remodel does not interupt any guest stay. We are sure you will enjoy your stays here even more, when we are all finished! We hope to see you again soon. Take Care!
Bentonville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked off the ChoiceHotels.com site and they really need to update their web site if a hotel is under construction. Construction vehicles everywhere, parking spots blocked, etc. I know you have to remodel, but you should be notified when it happens.
Check-in at 7:20pm was not good. Clerk said, "What do you need help with"? Gave her my name on the reservation and she said nothing as she prepared the paperwork and the key.
Hallways were all under remodel. Wallpaper torn off the wall, remodel materials all over the ground. Ice Machine on all the floors down except the first floor (I was on the 3rd).
Went to the front desk to tell them my room didn't have an ice bucket. She replied, "are you sure you don't have an ice bucket"? I said, "would I come all the way back down here to ask for an ice bucket if I had one?". She made some comments under her breath and left with a set of keys for about 5 minutes. Came back with an ice bucket and I asked what her name was. She wouldn't give it to me. I asked if her name was listed on the "Manager on Duty" plaque and she said, "Manager's don't work nights".
I have stayed at hundreds of choice hotel properties. This one is off my list going forward. I've found very nice Choice Hotels properties in Texas, but this one is not one I'd recommend. I'm not very hard to please, but this place just doesn't feel right. There are holes in the comforter on the bed and the paint on the walls has been very hastily been applied to show it has been "remodeled".
If I had known when booking off their web site it was under a remodel, I would have went down to Sherman and stayed in a Choice property. If you are going to be this much under construction, the room should have been discounted.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here with us. I am so sorry to hear that your stay here did not exceed your expectations. We are currently under going a remodel of the hotel. Which is listed on the Choice site. And I am sorry you were un aware of this. Most of the construction trucks in our parking lot are of our Corporate guests in town for work, and I will make sure to speak with Supervisors about the parking situations. I apologize for the lack of concern from our Front Desk. Even through the remodeling process, our main goal remains, That each and every stay be a great one! We would be honored, if on your next trip through, you would give us a chance to make things right. Please contact me directly.

801 US HWY 75 N
Denison, Texas 75020
(903)464-0340 ext 188
Archer City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Overall my stay at Comfort Inn Suites was an very pleasant experience. The rooms have been totally remodeled and very comfortable. The staff that greeted me was very pleasant and helped me find a restaurant close to the hotel. The exercise room was limited to equipment but did have a treadmill to exercise on. Breakfast was good, but the two night stay they had link sausage both days ( I'm a bacon fan) or at least patty sausage. Overall I would recommend staying here

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Mr. Weede,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will see what I can do about Breakfast. Its always nice to see you on our arrivals list every week. I dont think the staff would know what to do, if you werent. Lol. We are honored to have you back each time, and strive to provide you with a better stay than the last. We look forward to seeing you next trip. Take Care!

Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Texoma
Greenwood, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed here 6 or 7 times over the last three years. I have relatives south and east of Denison. The location makes it very easy to reach either location by Hwy 75 or Morton Street. Even though it is close to the highway, I have never been awoken by traffic noise and I am a light sleeper. When my wife is not with me, I get a smoking room. You don't want it to smell like a smoking room when you first arrive. I was pleasantly suprised on my last trip. The room smelled so fresh, I had to go back into the hallway to make sure that I wasn't in a non-smoking room. The General Manager told me that she had purchased a new product, to try on smoking rooms, just for that purpose. Good call, Jessica. Right now they are making great improvements. It's going to make a good place to stay, even better. Everyone I met, made me feel right at home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ken J,

It is always a pleasure to have you and your wife here with us! I was so glad to hear the wonderful feedback on the new freshener for our smoking rooms. Feeling right at home, is something we love to hear from our guests. We strive to make sure every guest feels as comfortable as they do at home, here with us. We can't wait for the completion of our remodel, and are confident it will make each stay just that more enjoyable. Hope we will be seeing you soon! Take Care.

Comfort Inn & Suites of Lake Texoma
Palestine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here in August wasn't bad, last night NEVER AGAIN!!! I had a bad drive up got there creepy guys hangin out front come to find out their staying and remodeling! UGH Strike ONE, came in chick didn't care who was checking in then realized the room she was dumping me in since they never let on the 3rd floor was off limits was still occupied , after finally getting in there all I smelled was smoke!!!!! I AM ALLERGIC IT'S ON MY PROFILE! She said short I don't have any non smoking spray if I hadn't driven 4 hours I would have check out! Then the workers (if you want to call them that) pecked away until 11 PM.Top it off she let 2 18 wheelers run their dam trucks all night long! I left at 7Am and they were still going! NOOOOO I WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!! Then heard their changing to LaQuinta dam just stinks!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I am Truely sorry to hear that you recent stay, did not exceed your expectations. Yes, we are currently under going a complete remodel of the Hotel inside and out. Our priority at all times, is to ensure each guest is provided with an exceptional stay from Check In to Check out. The staff has been working even harder through our remodel process, to make sure things still run smoothly and every guest is Happy. We would really like to have another opportunity to make things right. On your next trip through, please contact me directly. My contact information is below. Take Care, and we hope to see you soon.

Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Texoma
(903)464-0340 exst: 188
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denison
Hampton Inn & Suites Denison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Texoma Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denison North
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
BEST WESTERN Markita Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma? Share your experiences!