“Quite rooms. Can't find that everywhere.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   801 US Highway 75 N., Denison, TX 75020 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Texoma)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Denison
Greenwood, Arkansas
“Quite rooms. Can't find that everywhere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed here 6 or 7 times over the last three years. I have relatives south and east of Denison. The location makes it very easy to reach either location by Hwy 75 or Morton Street. Even though it is close to the highway, I have never been awoken by traffic noise and I am a light sleeper. When my wife is not with me, I get a smoking room. You don't want it to smell like a smoking room when you first arrive. I was pleasantly suprised on my last trip. The room smelled so fresh, I had to go back into the hallway to make sure that I wasn't in a non-smoking room. The General Manager told me that she had purchased a new product, to try on smoking rooms, just for that purpose. Good call, Jessica. Right now they are making great improvements. It's going to make a good place to stay, even better. Everyone I met, made me feel right at home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Ken J,

It is always a pleasure to have you and your wife here with us! I was so glad to hear the wonderful feedback on the new freshener for our smoking rooms. Feeling right at home, is something we love to hear from our guests. We strive to make sure every guest feels as comfortable as they do at home, here with us. We can't wait for the completion of our remodel, and are confident it will make each stay just that more enjoyable. Hope we will be seeing you soon! Take Care.

Jessica Seymore GM
Comfort Inn & Suites of Lake Texoma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Palestine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here in August wasn't bad, last night NEVER AGAIN!!! I had a bad drive up got there creepy guys hangin out front come to find out their staying and remodeling! UGH Strike ONE, came in chick didn't care who was checking in then realized the room she was dumping me in since they never let on the 3rd floor was off limits was still occupied , after finally getting in there all I smelled was smoke!!!!! I AM ALLERGIC IT'S ON MY PROFILE! She said short I don't have any non smoking spray if I hadn't driven 4 hours I would have check out! Then the workers (if you want to call them that) pecked away until 11 PM.Top it off she let 2 18 wheelers run their dam trucks all night long! I left at 7Am and they were still going! NOOOOO I WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!! Then heard their changing to LaQuinta dam just stinks!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I am Truely sorry to hear that you recent stay, did not exceed your expectations. Yes, we are currently under going a complete remodel of the Hotel inside and out. Our priority at all times, is to ensure each guest is provided with an exceptional stay from Check In to Check out. The staff has been working even harder through our remodel process, to make sure things still run smoothly and every guest is Happy. We would really like to have another opportunity to make things right. On your next trip through, please contact me directly. My contact information is below. Take Care, and we hope to see you soon.

Jessica Seymore GM
Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Texoma
(903)464-0340 exst: 188
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large, by hotel standards. The refrigerator worked nicely. The breakfast was good. The digital thermostat was a nice change from the usual color dial. The outside of the hotel was being painted, so the room windows were "shrouded" to prevent overspray. since it was the werkenf after Halloween, the "shrouding" lent a seasonal air. I'll stay here again, should the need arise.

• Stayed November 2013
Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write about your stay here with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always enjoy hearing from our guests and strive to improve in every aspect we can. We wish you a wonderful 2014 and hope to see you again soon!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Our stay was complementary after a less pleasant visit in 2012: to management's credit, they offered and honored the free stay even after the initial expiration date. The location is convenient- an easy 10 minute drive north of Sherman or south from Durant, OK. Rooms are clean, front desk staff is very friendly, and the breakfast was ample. The only shortcoming was that the elliptical machine in the fitness room did not seem to be working the day we were there. The treadmill was in fine working order, however, so a good workout was still possible. Quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your resent visit here with us. We strive to make sure every guest leaves here Happy and Content with every minute of their stay. And will always make sure we do everything possible to correct any issues that may occur. We hope to see you again in the future. Take Care and Happy Holidays from all of us here!
Auburn, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I travel for his work and we stay in hotels a lot. He had a contract at a power plant in Sherman, TX. This hotel was the farthest away at about 15 minutes, but it was the one with the best reviews. They offer a flat corporate rate too.
The good: very clean and comfy. The staff was attentive. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. Laundry room was clean and in good working order. and aside from a slumber party of some kind on one night the hotel was very quiet at night. The bad: twice a staff member ignored the do not disturb sign. once while I was stepping out of the shower and once, on the first night we got in, after getting into town at 2 in the morning after a 13 hour straight drive, someone came in around 7 am. Also, the hotel is right now under construction and being switched to another chain. this was not an issue at night but the painters were very loud from around 7 in the morning to 4 in the evening. And finally, the pet fee is outrageous. The website says that the pet fee is 25 dollars per stay. It is a good thing we chose to leave our chihuahua with family because we learned at the desk, at 2 in the morning, that the "website is wrong" and that the pet fee is 25 dollars a day with no limits. a two week stay would have costed 350.00 in pet fees alone, which is simply something that NO other hotel does. All in all we would stay again given the other choices in that area, however, the pet fee really irks me because it seems dishonest to advertise one price, but change it when the customer walks in the door.

Room Tip: ask where the constructors will be then ask for a room opposite that side
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
To start, Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your stay here with us. I apologize about Housekeeping,and have brought the issue right to their attention. I do want to let you know that the Pet fees for Long term/Corporate guest is discounted. We have a set weekly pet fee rate of $40.00 per week for our Corporate guest or long term stay guests. Please keep that in mind if you all are ever working in the area again. We wil always work with our guests to keep them happy and Content in staying here with us. We are here to provide every guest with 110% customer service in every area of the Hotel. We are also under remodel. We are updating the entire Hotel inside and out. And are doing our very best to make sure that our guests are not disturbed during the process. And are confident that our guests will love the finish of the " New" Hotel. We hope to have the pleasure of having you here in the future.
From all of us here Have a Safe and Wonderful Holiday Season!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We just finished up a 1 night stay at this hotel and were very pleased with the the staff and the hotel in general. The service was excellent and the room was very comfortable and relaxing. It had an excellent working fridge and the microwave was clean. The bed was very comforting and the towels smelled fresh and looked new. The price we paid was fairly reasonable for a holiday weekend. The only minor complaint was that we found a big black bug on our carpet and a spider in the corner section of our bathroom. Other than that we were more than satisfied with our accomodations. The breakfast they serve in the morning is ok, but could be better. Plenty of fruits and juices to choose from... the eggs were ok, waffles, bagels, biscuits and gravy, and other assorted goodies to choose from. They really need to upgrade their choice of sausage though. It was difficult to eat with all the grizzle inside. At any rate, we did have an enjoyable stay at this hotel and would probably stay again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We always love to hear from our guests, so that we can improve any and all areas here at the Hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and would stay with us again. We hope to have the pleasure of providing you with another great stay on your next trip through Denison. You take care and have a Safe and Wonderful Holiday Season.
Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Only stayed one night but was a great room!Bed I sunk into.Had ceiling fan wobbled and was squeaky so I turned it off. Very quiet the young lady very very hepful, and the morin lady was real sweet
.Yes I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Myself and my staff always love to hear when our guests are happy! We hope to have you here again with us on your next trip. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Take Care, we look forward to providing you with a wonderful stay again in the future.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma? Share your experiences!