“Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Denton, TX
“Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed overnight here with my husband to attend a concert at the Choctaw resort. The location was perfect (especially considering everything in Durant was booked at this time). The front desk and breakfast staff that we encountered were very pleasant and helpful. Most importantly our room was clean, although our neighbor had their television cranked up our entire visit and we heard every thing through the fairly thin walls.

I also utilized the fitness center during this stay, and while the facility is small all the machines were functioning and clean as well.

We took advantage of the free breakfast before checking out as well. The food was hot (with lots of options and protein available) and the staff worked to keep it fresh.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ivan R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denison North, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your response. I'm sorry your neighbor had their TV turned up loud. I hope that you choose the Holiday Inn Express in Denison next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I wish, I could think of something bad to say about our stay, but I can't. We stayed for one night (12/31/2013) but I wish we had had time to stay a couple more days. If possible, I would have done so without question.

We had a one king bed suite located on the 4th floor that was beyond "fabulous." Without question, it was indeed one of he best hotel rooms, we have ever stayed in. The room can hold up to 5 individuals with the couch being a hide-away-bed. The room came with a microwave, fridge, styrofoam plates, bowls, plastic place settings, coffee maker, etc.

The bed was wonderful, the bathroom was relatively large and exceptionally clean. The heat worked great (once I discovered that the wall thermostat was inoperative and the temp controls were located on the A/C - heating unit).

The breakfast was most welcomed and I might mention that there was actually sausage in the sausage and gravy mix. My wife enjoyed her eggs. I might also mention that should you arrive late in the evening, they do sell food items that can be microwaved such as frozen pizza and other per-packaged dinner items.

As a matter of driving info, getting to the hotel is a little tricky. Should you be heading SOUTH on the highway, when you take the exit to this hotel, be aware that the only road that leads directly to the front door is very close to where the exit intersects with the access road so take the exit slowly or you will miss it (I know - been there -- done that!.) Should you miss that turn, make a left turn at the intersection and then another left after crossing over the highway. Once you've made that turn then follow the access road to where it turns back under the highway and stay on the access road. You can then turn into the Holiday Inn without any problems when you get back to the entrance road.

And for that matter, should you be heading NORTH, take the exit to the hotel, go straight through the intersection, stay on the access road and follow it back under the highway and then turn into the hotel entrance street.

Should we ever need to spend a night in the Denison, TX area, we will be staying at this Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Book the room via the internet. We obtained this room for $95/night. The normal rate is $129/night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was booking a last minute reservation for a Dr that would be working at the local Medical Center and asked the front desk agent if she had rooms for that same evening for a week. She politely said yes and then sent me to central reservations. Central reservations were able to confirm my reservation at the discounted rate, gave me a confirmation# and we ended the conversation. I faxed over the authorization for the professional and not even 10 minutes later get a call from the manager telling me he can't honor my reservation because the hotel is sold out but he would be able to keep my health care professional if I paid him the rate of $180+ per night. Does this just sound crazy or what? There are a few problems here... 1) why would reservations and your hotel portal online both tell me you have rooms available if you really didn't ? 2) Why would you call me and ask me to pay twice as much? Were you going to kick someone else out and reap twice the money. In the end, I called the other Holiday Inn in Sherman 4 miles down the street and they were more than happy to offer excellent customer service and not want to charge me double. In my many years of bookings, I've never had someone be so unethical about booking a room. Proceed with caution patrons.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ivan R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denison North, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the error that was made on our part. I will be the first to take responsibility. Although we could not accommodate you at this time, I'm glad you were able to find a room at another hotel in the area. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make this up to you, as we do value every guest who stays at our hotel. You are certainly welcome to call me directly at the hotel to discuss the situation further. Thank you again for the feedback, and for staying with Holiday Inn Express.

St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent one night in August 2013 on a quick trip going to Austin. The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. The common areas were well done and inviting. The room furnishings were a little dated but were in good repair. There were a few minor minor repairs need to one of the walls in the bathroom but not something that detracted from the stay. We were very pleased with how quiet the rooms were, it was almost to quiet. The breakfast the next morning was very good with lots of items to choose from that were tasty. I had eggs, sausage and a hot cinnamon roll and a piece of fresh fruit. The hotel has a good looking indoor pool and a workout center but we did not use either. The staff was friendly and helpful even offering a suggestion for dinner at The Big Rig across the way. There is a gas station and store on the corner providing us with everything we needed close to our hotel. There is even a car wash next to The Big Rig that did a great job. I will certainly stay here again if I need to stay overnight on a trip to Austin.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor away from the highway to limit noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We spent two nights here after a horrible experience with the Comfort Inn (don't go near this place if there is a fleet of trucks in the parking lot) which is literally a few hundred yards away. We were very impressed wth the staff, the cleanliness, and all of the amenities this hotel had to offer. Holiday Inn express have become my hotel of choice, while I will never stay at a Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ivan R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denison North, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback, and thank your for staying at Holiday Inn Express Denison/Lake Texoma. We hope that you come back and stay with us in the future. If you need any assistance with future reservations, please done hesitate to give me a call.

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Rooms and common space were all very clean and the front desk staff were super nice! Breakfast was good (especially the cinnamon rolls!). I actually moved to this hotel from another hotel in town I was not happy with. Will return here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback! We really appreciate it! I'm also really glad that you had an enjoyable stay (and breakfast). If I can assist you with any future reservations, please let me know. Thanks again for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Denison / Lake Texoma.

Best Regards,
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a couple of rooms since we were traveling in a group and I did not want any surprises. Everything is as stated in other reviews.

One minor critique, Staff at 10 PM was going through the motions, did not get welcome gift (water, granola bar) for either room. Did not mention PCR status. Not an enthusiastic / friendly welcome.

The next morning Mr. Angel said the PCR number was not in the normal section or something. He apologized for the night staff oversight and provided the welcome gift, which we actually consumed on our trip home, so it was nice to have it.

Room Tip: End / corner rooms are larger and away from street was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denison North? Share your experiences!