“stay in deer park” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Deer Park
Hewitt, Texas
“stay in deer park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

this was the second time we stayed here before a cruise, close to the boardwalk and not to far from galveston, Its quiet and clean with a great breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
BWDPInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Deer Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for your response. We are very centrally located right off Highway 225 and are in the close proximity of a lot of local attractions. We have made some additions to our breakfast that you will be able to enjoy with us the next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights this week as we were in town visiting my home town. The rooms are pretty nice for a Best Western, obviously have been redone/updated recently with new furniture. However upon entering the room we were overcome with a VERY VERY potent smell of what what clearly mildew. We had out premature baby with us, which made me a little worried. I went to the front desk after a few hours later and we were all starting to feel a little nausious. I asked the girl at the front desk if the place had flooded in the last big hurricane (i know the town well) and she said she was not employed at the time. She was nice enough to let me go and check out 2 other rooms (one was the room right under ours on the 1st floor & the other on the other side of the hotel) one was FAR worse smelling than ours, the other about the same. When I came back to return those hotel card/keys the owner/manager/man was at the desk. when i told him that the other rooms were more smelly he just said "no, i dont know what your talking about" I asked him if the place flooded, and he said yes, through the roof but everything was redone. He is right that things were redone, but the mildew is still there. you can see about 1 foot of sheetrock that was carved out at the top of the walls (not the roof). so you can see that cosmetically the place is ok, but in all seriousness....if you have any heath related problems, asthma, lungs, this is NOT the place for you. I REALLY is overwhelming with a mildew smell.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
BWDPInn, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Deer Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
We are very sorry about the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Customer care is a priority here at the Best Western Deer Park Inn & Suites and we apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. Since your stay, we have made some minor changes to in-room amenities and made additions to our delux breakfast. However, because we were not able to fully satisfy your needs, your next stay with us will be discounted. For details please contact the hotel directly at 281-476-1900. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and your family again and we will do everything possible to accomodate your needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011 via mobile

Went to the NHRA dragraces and stayed here in Deer Park. Bed was huge and comfortable, service was quick and nice. Good hot full breakfast. Clean Rooms !! Will stay here again for the dragraces again next year.

• Stayed April 2011
Thank you very much for your response. We are glad to have had the opportunity to serve you. Superior customer care is a priority of the Best Western family. Since you left, we have made some changes to our delux breakfast which you will be able to enjoy on your next stay with us. We appreciate you taking time out to provide feedback and hope that you will give us the opportunity of serving you again.
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed here on a business trip. Our meetings were booked in the hotel conference room. The rooms were average size and style. The bed was a little hard for me and the fact that I became breakfast, lunch and dinner in the middle of the night was an unpleasent suprise to me. I would have to say I would not be able to highly recommend my room, the room on either side or the one below it to a friend, if you know what I mean.
Good luck!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2007

For the price, this hotel is definately worth it. Even though it has rooms entering throught the outside, it is a very pleasant hotel. The staff here made me feel very comfortable and even brought me up a toothbrush and comb, when I offered to come down to pick them up. The housekeepers were great too, they did not bother me when I had a "Do Not Disturb" sign up, and when I left the room, i asked if they could service my room, while I was away, and they did. The hotel even had a shoe shine in the lobby so I can polish my work shoes before I headed out to work,

• Liked — Friendliness of staff (front desk & housekeeping)
  • Disliked — no wireless internet
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

Great Quality Place!
Stayed here the past 2 weeks on business travel.
Large rooms (suite) with fridge, MW, and desk.
Very clean, and tastefully furnished.
Free Hi-speed Internet in the room.
Terriffic alternative to Corp-rate chain in SE Houston/Hobby
area.
Will stay here again!

• Liked — room size/MW/Fridge/Internet
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Deer Park Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!