“Hampton Inn Deer Park” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Deer Park
Germantown, United States
“Hampton Inn Deer Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Visiting oil refinery facilities and rental customers in the Houston/La Porte, TX area, this hotel is very clean, comfortable and quiet. Only a few minutes from all local industries and 20 minutes to Kemah Beach on the Gulf.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
A good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant experience. Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us, we value as a guest, and I do want you to know that we will keep the consistency in our service for your future comfort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Baton Rouge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in. The staff were very nice. They helped me out with any questions or items needed. I would love to stay at this hotel again. What supprised me was how clean the actual rooms were. I had an overall good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience staying at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you were extremely satisfied with our service. I have share your comments with all my team members. Your good comments are a reward to their dedication and hard work and we are looking forward to have you return to our hotel in the near future.
CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was completely dissatisfied with my stay at this hotel. The walls above and below were so thin, you could literally hear someone tying their shoe. The elevator made an obnoxiously loud noise every time it opened, and even though my room was by the stairs, I could still hear it loudly in my room. Forget trying to sleep in this hotel between the loud noises and the lack of AC (couldn't set below 70 degrees).

In addition, I was there for work and needed to print something off my email from the business center. There was only one computer, so I waited over an hour while an employee of the hotel "surfed the web." I finally gave up, as I didn't have any more time to waste, so I have no idea how long they stayed there, and I wasn't the only one trying to use the business center at this time. Add to this the fact that the internet in the building was crazy slow, and this is not the hotel to stay at if you are traveling for business.

Also don't stay here if you plan on using the fitness center. It was very low quality to begin with, and again the AC didn't appear to work properly here as it was VERY warm.

I asked for a late checkout (30 mins), and the receptionist said no problem. The next morning I received a call from the front desk before the hotel's posted checkout time asking if I was staying another night since I hadn't checked out yet. I said no, I had asked for a late checkout, plus it wasn't yet noon (regular time). They informed me that all guests needed to be out by 11, or they would be charged for an additional nights stay. Seriously? Well I hurried up and packed, making a trip out to my car. I got back to my room, and guess what I was locked out. I then had to go back to the front desk, have a new key made, just to get my final things and walk back to the front desk to check out at what was now around 11:30.

I was already disappointed in this hotel, but the checkout situation pushed me over the top. This is not the hampton brand I have come to know and love, so I want to make sure others don't make the same mistake I did.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff.I will like to inform you that we just completed upgrading our internet service to fiber optic 10MB, five times faster that before. Also the completion of remodeling our Fitness Room, with brand new Precor equipment, as well as refinishing our swimming pool and brand new hot tub heather system. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Missouri CIty, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Requested a wake up call...did not receive it. The receptionist was unresponsive when I checked out and make it to seem like I did not request a wake up call. Why whould I make this up....and to think my company paid for 8 rooms at this hotel and even reserved a conference room....won't be staying here again...my co worker had some issues too regarding her wake up call.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
i appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
torrance
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been staying at this Hampton Inn for one to two weeks a year for business. I was pleased for the first few years but have noticed a steady decline. The internet is neck and neck with dial up. Sure there are lots of guests but a hotel chain like Hampton needs to have this area covered. Breakfast was usually great, but this stay the powdered scrambled egg product really did it for me. Seriously, how hard is it to make scrambled eggs? Then the receptionist says we dont have an oven, only a stove. Really, isnt that all you need to make scrambled eggs? And finally the fitness center (one can barely call it that), the air is off 90% of the time and it is stifling in there. When I asked the receptionist to turn it on she said only the maintenance man can do that...really? Get it fixed Hampton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are sorry that we did not provide the quality of amenities and service you were expecting during your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide the best in both of those areas and apologize that this was not your experience. We are reviewing with our staff and hope the next time you return to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 while in town for business at the Shell Oil Refinery. The hotel is out of the way and about 10 minutes from where I was working but it was an easy drive and not difficult to find.

The hotel is in excellent condition. I arrived around 3PM and got a 1st floor room that was excellent. It was a huge room with 2 queen beds. Everything was in its proper place.

I didn't like the ventilation. It was difficult to control the room temperature and the ceiling fan in the sitting area was louder than I liked.

The Internet was spotty. Sometimes it worked great and then other times, I had to break out my air card.

There are many service options in the area but not too many sit-down restaurants. It appeared to be mostly fast food with a few barbeque and speciality foods thrown in.

The breakfast area was pretty loud the morning I was there but I don't know if that was because a large group was there or not, but I could hear them all the way down the hall.

Otherwise, this is an excellent hotel and an excellent place to stay if in town. It's far from downtown Houston and other areas so if you want easy access to major city amenities, this isn't the hotel for you. But if you want peace and quiet, then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. We value you as a guest and take your comments very seriously. Please, stay with us again.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently and it is a good hotel for my needs. The staff is friendly and will help you any way they can. The rooms are clean, and the bathrooms are also clean. The bedding is standard for Hampton, clean and fresh. The only complaint about this particular location is the internet service, it is basically non functional for any type of business or browsing. I recently stayed at another Hampton Inn about 5 miles from this location and the internet service was flaweless, even in the peak hours of 4-10 pm. The technology is there for Hampton Inn Deer Park to have useful internet service but they have yet to upgrade or make any improvements. I have been staying at this hotel since the summer of 2012 and there has been no change in the internet service. Even though the other Hampton Inn is more expensive, I am considering moving my business there just for the reliable fast internet service.

Room Tip: The rooms are mostly the same but the rooms on the third floor used to be smoking rooms at one point...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I appreciate you making the comments in regards of your last stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you have problems with the internet service. I am glad to inform you that we have upgraded our internet service to fiber optic and 10 Mb speed capacity, five times faster than before. We understand how important good internet service is in today's world of business. Please, come back to stay with us.

Been to Hampton Inn - Deer Park? Share your experiences!