“Going downhill” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Deer Park
torrance
“Going downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been staying at this Hampton Inn for one to two weeks a year for business. I was pleased for the first few years but have noticed a steady decline. The internet is neck and neck with dial up. Sure there are lots of guests but a hotel chain like Hampton needs to have this area covered. Breakfast was usually great, but this stay the powdered scrambled egg product really did it for me. Seriously, how hard is it to make scrambled eggs? Then the receptionist says we dont have an oven, only a stove. Really, isnt that all you need to make scrambled eggs? And finally the fitness center (one can barely call it that), the air is off 90% of the time and it is stifling in there. When I asked the receptionist to turn it on she said only the maintenance man can do that...really? Get it fixed Hampton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are sorry that we did not provide the quality of amenities and service you were expecting during your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide the best in both of those areas and apologize that this was not your experience. We are reviewing with our staff and hope the next time you return to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 while in town for business at the Shell Oil Refinery. The hotel is out of the way and about 10 minutes from where I was working but it was an easy drive and not difficult to find.

The hotel is in excellent condition. I arrived around 3PM and got a 1st floor room that was excellent. It was a huge room with 2 queen beds. Everything was in its proper place.

I didn't like the ventilation. It was difficult to control the room temperature and the ceiling fan in the sitting area was louder than I liked.

The Internet was spotty. Sometimes it worked great and then other times, I had to break out my air card.

There are many service options in the area but not too many sit-down restaurants. It appeared to be mostly fast food with a few barbeque and speciality foods thrown in.

The breakfast area was pretty loud the morning I was there but I don't know if that was because a large group was there or not, but I could hear them all the way down the hall.

Otherwise, this is an excellent hotel and an excellent place to stay if in town. It's far from downtown Houston and other areas so if you want easy access to major city amenities, this isn't the hotel for you. But if you want peace and quiet, then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. We value you as a guest and take your comments very seriously. Please, stay with us again.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently and it is a good hotel for my needs. The staff is friendly and will help you any way they can. The rooms are clean, and the bathrooms are also clean. The bedding is standard for Hampton, clean and fresh. The only complaint about this particular location is the internet service, it is basically non functional for any type of business or browsing. I recently stayed at another Hampton Inn about 5 miles from this location and the internet service was flaweless, even in the peak hours of 4-10 pm. The technology is there for Hampton Inn Deer Park to have useful internet service but they have yet to upgrade or make any improvements. I have been staying at this hotel since the summer of 2012 and there has been no change in the internet service. Even though the other Hampton Inn is more expensive, I am considering moving my business there just for the reliable fast internet service.

Room Tip: The rooms are mostly the same but the rooms on the third floor used to be smoking rooms at one point...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I appreciate you making the comments in regards of your last stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you have problems with the internet service. I am glad to inform you that we have upgraded our internet service to fiber optic and 10 Mb speed capacity, five times faster than before. We understand how important good internet service is in today's world of business. Please, come back to stay with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is clean but no luxuries at all. I believe it should be a little less expensive for the type of hotel it is; nonetheless, it is clean confortable and quiet.

One thing that really bothers me is that the air conditioner cannot be programmed to keep the fan on all the time. It turns on/off with the cool/off cycling. That would be great if the A/C itself was a quiet unit but it is not. Once you are falling asleep the machine turns off completely leaving this sudden quietness in the room... thus waking one up!. Only due to this detail, I will skip this hotel in my next stay there... it doesn't let me sleep soundly for the whole night!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning of the air conditioning in your guest suite to our maintenance team. We will resolve the issue with our maintenance team and hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area.
Derry, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

although this is the 1st hampton inn, i've ever stayed at, I cant imagine a nicer, more well kept and friendlier facility around.
I stayed there with a co-coworker (had our own rooms) from sept 30-oct 6 2012
very centrally located and convenient to EVERYTHING......got a great night's sleep every day, very quiet......lost my room key on day 4, asked the front desk clerk, for another, she said no problem and within 20 seconds, I was on my way to my room...........great breakfast buffet, that got our day off to a nice start

would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value as a guest and your comments are a great encouragement. Please, stay with us soon.
Elk Grove, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel isn't in that bad of shape, but the location is terrible. Very strong smells in the hallways of cleaning solution. The capper was the extremely slow internet service, which is unacceptable in 2012. Since most Hamptons have an equal start, I have to say I'll never stay at this one again, since getting work done is nearly impossible. I'll go to the newer, nicer Holiday Inn down the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We appreciate your feedback regarding the speed of our wireless internet service. We apologize that it did not work well during your stay. We are currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster internet experience soon. If you return to the area we hope you will consider staying with us at again.
Waco Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The hotel was quiet and that was a good thing. The room however didn't have hot water the morning we checked out so I didn't get a shower. The carpet was so sticky you had to wear socks to keep your feet from getting black. The breakfast was ok if you can eat microwave food. They had fruit but it didn't seen to fresh. The price would have been great if I had hot water! The curtains are too short and open at the top and it the outside lights were coming through the window!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jaime A, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Deer Park, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We are very sorry for the quality of service you received during your recent stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters. We know how important a hot shower is and your comments will help us to improve the situation. The condition of our carpets will also be a noted area of improvement in our guest rooms. We hope you will consider staying with us the again in the future and experience our true Hamptonality.

Jaime Alfaro

Been to Hampton Inn - Deer Park? Share your experiences!