“If you need wi-fi, not here” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Decatur
Dexter, New Mexico
“If you need wi-fi, not here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is now an Econolodge. Rooms are nice, rates are reasonable, I stayed 2 doors down from front desk, and wi-fi connection was very poor at best. I own a small business and need the net to get work done. Not here, also, unfortunately, the location doesn't get good cell reception, so I couldn't use my cell as a hot spot. If they had decent wi-fi, I would return, but they don't so I will make other plans next time I am in Decatur.

Room Tip: I stayed on ground floor, no noise, not even from hiway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Peter P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear William,

We have completely solved the problems fort high speed internet at our hotel and we promise your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback. Your survey responses will continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Peter Patel
GM
EconoLodge
940-627-6919

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were returning from a mission trip and had children in our church group, including two who were physically challenged and we just needed ONE night of comfort and safety. When we unloaded there was an unsavory character hanging over the balcony, but by the time we got into our rooms and came out, there were eight and a carload of the same circling the parking lot multiple times. Our church kids were intimidated and so were the ladies in our group as the gang of men used the balcony and the stairs as their own private party deck. Since we had only just sat our bags down and had not even used the beds, I went to the front desk and told the lady that I could not take a chance on any of our children being hurt and to please refund our payment for the five rooms. She called the mgr. by phone who said they could not. I explained that as their pastor I knew that the kids had worked for a year to go on this trip and that their parents would hold me responsible for their safety, but to no avail.

Next,we went to the Baymont Inn and could not have been treated better. Billy and Kim gave us great rooms and personal attention to every need of our group.

I contacted Choice Hotels of Comfort Inn at their corporate location and Krista was very understanding. Three days later the manager at Comfort Inn,Decatur, Tx. sent a letter crediting us for a refund on 80% of our payment and apologized. I am sorry that initially money took priority over safety, especially for the children. I don't believe this Comfort Inn is representative of Choice Hotels.

Room Tip: Bring your own form of security and beware.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of nights on business. The room was large and bed was comfortable. Very quiet even though on highway. Breakfast had usual selections and was amply supplied Staff was courteous and helpful. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2012
Midland, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Parking for your personal vehicle at this motel is limited, risky (door dings) and crowded with muddy, oil field trucks…very hard to get your vehicle in and out of the hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable however prepare to have some road noise from the nearby Hwy. I also did not like the transient oil field workers hanging around outside their doors drinking beer and smoking. I would not take my wife and/or daughter here. The breakfast is not bad for the price. I stayed one night and moved down the road to the HIE…quite rooms and the parking lot is accessible.

Room Tip: Stay away from the hwy end and park early by your down stairs window so you can keep an eye on your...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Clean and nearly new, this facility provided an excellent place for the night during our long trip home. The bed was very comfortable and everything sparkled.

The management handled a problem with efficiency and care. So many times you feel like a complaint falls on deaf ears. They listened, handled the problem and called us back to report what they had done.

We have been looking for a location in this part of Texas to replace one that has fallen on hard times and was no longer the safe and reasonable place we frequented. We are so pleased to find this oasis for our next trip this way.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Stayed here with a friend that I hadnt seen in a while and had a great stay, the room was extremely nice for the price, great bed, great tv, great location, and for me the smoker found the smoking room extremely good. There are non smoking also, but I enjoyed my stay. The manager Umesh was very accomadting and friendly and he even told me he was legally blind which was kind of interesting. But hey even for a blind guy, this is the place you wanna go to in Decatur

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Cyndee, front desk - was extremely accomodating and friendly - made great suggestions and recommendations for dinner, drinks, for walking and exercise. She was terrific.
Nice clean rooms, all the amenities, continental breakfast fresh and area kept very clean. a good stop.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!