“A wonderful retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Lubbock, Texas
“A wonderful retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had not stayed in the Anatole in over twenty years, so I did not know whether this was still the same 5 star hotel of the 80's and 90's. My wife and I stayed here for a fun respite, and the hotel did not disappoint. Even though the hotel is more than 35 years old, it shows no wear or diminution of quality. From the valets and check-in process to our final checkout, the staff was knowledgeable, courteous and helpful.

The rooms are comfortable, clean and fresh. The bathrooms updated and impeccable with great toiletries. Special mention needs to be made about the workout facility/spa. When I first stayed in '87, the workout facility was among the best that I had ever seen. Other facilities have caught up but this facilities rivals any facility in the top Las Vegas hotels.

A few notes. There is no free parking (pay the extra and enjoy the valet parking). We enjoyed the morning breakfast buffet and were quite satisfied. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Anatole for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Hilton Anatole is a huge hotel which is perfect for conferences and big events. I spent four nights here in April and stayed in a spacious double room in the main building with a view of the highway and the impressive atrium reveals itself upon leaving the room. The room is good with most amenities you would expect from a business hotel.

The hotel offers a number of eating possibilities and bars, although as part of a conference we had our own arrangements for all meals. The food we had was at times good, but for the most part only average and lacking in creativity.

As mentioned this is a huge hotel so be prepared for some walking back and forth if there are events going on around the premises. Walking around is nonetheless worthwhile as throughout the hotel you will find lots of great pieces of art.

Overall a really good hotel offering good service.

PS. As the hotel is not located in downtown Dallas you need transportation to get around so a word of caution on the drivers of the Suburbans just outside the hotel. These are NOT part of the hotel's service but they offer to take you on a roundtrip downtown (a 5 minute drive each way) for $40, where the metered taxi fare for the same roundtrip would actually around $13. Obviously, it's all down to what kind of driving experience you are looking for, what annoyed me is they claimed the difference compared to a cab would be "about 3 bucks". Personally I see no reason paying threefold for such a short journey, while others will say the opposite.

Room Tip: Rooms in the "tower" are apparently newer than those in the main building
Dallas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was sad to say that this hotel over sold and gave our room away even though we had reserved with a credit card. I think this is wrong. We were put in the worst room in the hotel and then had to move the next day. Very disappointed. They did comp our room for the first night which was nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your review, I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel.
Havant, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the last week for a company conference. The hotel is huge and the staff are generally friendly and helpful. There are various restaurants of differing standards, but prices seemed to be high. The hotel is on the edge of an industrial area and there is nothing of note within walking distance, so you are confined to the hotel for breakfast, etc. Housekeeping wasn't great. The outside area behind the hotel has a large green space with water features and ponds which is pleasant. This also features a running track which is good as you have to pay to use the gym. My major issue with my stay was that I had a room in the 'Tower' that had no natural light, the only window faced inwards to the corridor, and my room backed onto the elevator shafts. This meant the room was noisy from both elevators and other guests. The other guests were the worst offenders with a delegation from another company (I think a local burger chain) holding some sort of conference in the hotel and making huge amounts of noise outside my room into the early hours of the morning. The negatives aside, if you do want to take a walk then if you take a right down Market Centre Blvd and walk for 15 mins or so then you reach the Design District, a former industrial area, that has many art galleries and also the Dallas Contemporary art exhibition.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Spend 7 days/nights at a business conference. The room was great and everything you need was available. We used several ballrooms and meetingrooms and the service, food and drinks were excellent. They had some problems with the air condition during the conference and they decided to put fertilizer in the flowerbeds during the conference as well. All in all a good experience.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas for a business event in April. Upon arrival, my room was ready and I was accommodated with my requested King room on a high floor. I had a great view of downtown Dallas from my window. The room was a corner room with good size and all the resources and furniture needed for a Business traveler. The only negative was that instead of a free fridge, there was a high cost minibar. The bathroom was kinda tight but well appointed. The hotel is very large with 3 different towers for the rooms. The 2 smaller were about 13 floors and the tallest was 27 with the top floor being a high dollar bar and restaurant. The grounds of the hotel are huge with well appointed art even including 2 sections of the old Berlin Wall. There are 3 pools and a full service fitness center . In addition to the rooftop bar there are also 3 other bars/restaurants of varying sizes. The convention areas are large and the staff is very attentive. I did not have any issues in my 3 night stay and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor on the city side of the Atrium rooms.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Anatole since it was built. It's an impressive hotel at a good location in Dallas. The exterior is well landscaped and parking convenient. The room are old but it doesn't show. Housekeeping did a good job and loaded me with extra coffee just for asking. The restaurants are above average and were able to swiftly accommodate the groups I brought with me. Hosted a separate two day meeting and the set up was perfect. I had forgotten some items and they were brought within 30 minutes and set up.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Anatole? Share your experiences!