“Roach in Hilton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Seattle
“Roach in Hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beautiful hotel, great service and friendly staff. Woke up around 2 AM to use the bathroom and found a cockroach running around on the bathroom floor. Flushed it down the toliet and notified the front desk the next day. I must say the Hilton showed how a first class business should treat the customer. I was offered a free drink, a free movie, another room and they offered to cancel my parking fee for the four days I was there. I'm happy and looking forward to my next stay. When I arrived home and told my wife the story she made me leave my luggage in the garage for the next few days.

Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Anatole. We value your feedback and have already taken steps to help eradicate any pest issues. We hope to have you back soon to enjoy the rest that the Anatole has to offer. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

What an awesome stay. Huge hotel with two large atriums and a tower. Awesome spa and restaurants choice within the hotel. The rooms were nicely decorated and the beds incredible. I had a better night's sleep than at home. The staff were professional and incredibly helpful with directions and suggestions to area entertainment and shopping. I was here for a business conference and the convenience of being able to pop up to the room during breaks was great. The only quirk I experienced was with the card reader at the self-parking lot #1. They gave me a new room card and it worked fine. I definitely will stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: A room near the elevators may help cut down a long walk around from your room.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was amazing. The beds rooms were nicely furnished and beds very comfortable with the perfect amount of bedding. Views from the tower side were great. The hotel is filled with art and even has a tour of their campus you can take.

The spa was relaxing and professional. We each had a Swedish massage which was top notch.

Food was average. We ate in three of the restaurants on-site and ordered room service. None was worth the price tag but it was convenient. Staff at the restaurants were great, very efficient, helpful and friendly. A special note for Ana at the Terrace Restaurant, who went above and beyond to make our trip special.

The only drawback is location. Parking is expensive on-site and cabs will run between $10-20 one way for a 2mi trip. Mass transit is not nearby.

Room Tip: The Tower offered great views of downtown Dallas.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Anatole!

Your response gives us the ability to fine tune our high levels of service and strive towards perfection in all aspects.

Make sure to visit our newest website, AnatoleArt.com, to help further appreciate our unique collection of Asian artifacts.

We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Dallas!
North Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were there on a business trip from Feb 23rd through the 27th. The hotel is large, but easy to navigate. I don't mind walking a little bit, and you will do that here, but the Asian artwork and theme are well done and keep you interested. The place is immaculate and I can not say enough about the staff....especially Violet. Very accomodating and willing to please. Had a minor room change hicup onc we got there. We requested a King, being our anniversary trip as well, and received 2 doubles. Once we got to the room, we contacted the front desk, and within minutes, there was someone meeting us in front of our new room 2 floors down with the keys...and for a place this size, the timing was super impressive. We loved the Gossip bar and the 2 women that work there together were friendly and fantastic. I smoke cigars occasionally, and it was a nice surprise to have a small assortment available at that bar to be able to go smoke in their outdoor smoking section which is right next to the bar and they offer drink service whileyou smoke. This assortment was kept well in a humidor which they bring to you to select your smoke. We were there every night. The rooms were very clean and were well made every day. The products are very nice being Peter Thomas Roth, which from what my wife says is an upscale product. Downtown was a little ways away, but only about a $15-$20 cab ride. I definately have to keep mentioning the staff with this place. For the size, it is impressive how they keep a handle on it. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: High floors in the tower will give you a nice view of downtown.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas for business conferences on two separate occasions, and cannot say enough about what a phenomenal venue the Anatole is.

THE DECOR:
The Anatole is home to a beautiful collection of Asian-themed artwork, and this motif is carried throughout the remainder of the facility, as well.

THE LOCATION:
This facility has a wonderful location, that is fairly centralized to downtown Dallas (not within walking distance, however), it is near to the design district, and it is also an easy drive from both Love field and DFW.

THE ROOMS:
I have had the pleasure of staying in both a regular "suite"-style room, as well as the Presidential suite, and both were equally as well-appointed. The furnishings within the rooms are modern, play off of the Asian-theming of the remainder of the facility, they are clean, and boast higher-end features within. (ie. "premium" Peter Thomas Roth toiletries, granite countertops, artistic lighting features, tiled shower with a bench seat, oversized wardrobe, etc.)

THE FACILITY:
The conferences that I have stayed at the Anatole for were fairly large-scale, and there is an extremely wide variety of conference rooms available for both large gatherings, as well as smaller break-out sessions. My ONLY complaint about this entire hotel is that it is SO large, that often it can be challenging to get from one location to the next without getting lost or having to ask for guidance. The facility is so large, in fact, that I was unable to see most of it during my stays there, and can really only speak to the Chantilly and "Tower" areas of the facility, which were both phenomenal.

THE STAFF:
The staff of the Anatole are hands-down phenomenal. From the front desk staff, to the servers, waiters, and bartenders, each and every individual I encountered was beyond friendly and helpful, and it was evident that they all truly take pride in making the Anatole a world-class operation.

THE FOOD:
During the conferences for which I traveled to this facility, we had buffet-style breakfasts, lunches, and evening dinner receptions provided for us each day. Pleasing a crowd of thousands is undoubtedly a challenging feat, but the Anatole seemed to accomplish this with ease. All of the food was delicious and well-prepared, the selection was fabulous, and again, the service was top-notch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is an older hotel but it is fantastic. Very clean rooms and warm and polite staff that goes beyond southern hospitality! A beautiful hotel on the 27th floor in the tower that has a fantastic view of the city. Didn't eat there but the menu looked wonderful.

Pewaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in a room in the Atrium side. My room was right next to the elevators. I could hear the chime of the elevator everytime it stopped on the floor. Also, the hotel staff set up a meal at night and I could hear all the noise from the setup. Overall, it was quite a noisy room.

Besides being noisy, the room was nice. Beds were comfortable.

The wifi was very fast and worked very well.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room near the elevator or in the Atrium
Matt H, Manager at Hilton Anatole, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about noise. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Been to Hilton Anatole? Share your experiences!