“Very Good Option” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center

You added Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75219 (Formerly "Days Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #69 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Massachusetts
“Very Good Option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

Hotel stay was pleasant, the room and bathroom were clean, the location- convenient short drive to downtown Dallas. Staff was nice. We would definitely recommend it !

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Train noise
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

The rooms were very nice, the staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. Everything that we requested was given prompted attention. All areas were clean and functioning properly and the security was visable which made me feel safe. For the price of the hotel, it is well worth it.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
austin, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

We stayed in a King Suite on the weekend of a huge college football game and car show. October 10-12 2008. We were very late checking in, so I called ahead and spoke with a nice lady named allison who was able to check me in over the phone so I didn't have to worry about it when we got to the desk. Check in was at 3 and we didn't arrive until about 10 or 11 at night. We arrived and allison had told me to present my card to the desk and they'll take care of me as I did what I was told, the man there swore he didnt see my name in the system and made me feel a little dumb for not mentioning the fact that I had already been checked in and that I just needed my room keys. He had borderline attitude, but I was up working since very early morning and did not want to deal with him so I just let it slide. Staff needs to be happy at all times. The problem was quickly solved though.

There is a bit of construction going on right now in that area, so be careful.

The room was a little less than what I expected for the price. The televisions were nice and the room was spacious. Everything was clean. I think they could have chosen a color other than brown for a bathroom. It came off a little dirty but it wasn't. I dont like the fact that whoever will be next in the room will eventually see that their maintenance person stuffed a cardboard piece in the shower handle to hold the screw in. It was soggy by the time we checked out so someone will have to deal with a water leak soon.

If you are in town on a big event weekend, I suggest getting a suite and requesting or bringing ear plugs. After very long work days, I had to hear shouting from the football fans across the halls. We were in the corner so we were grateful for that. Again, too tired to mention it to staff.

We ordered breakfast to the room which was about 8 dollars per person and we appreciated that they offered milk and juice along with eggs cooked as you like them with potatoes fried in bell and red peppers. Very tasty and filling for the price. I requested a 930am delivery and they were right on time. I was very impressed.

We also had phone troubles and my husband called the front desk for help and said he would go down there to make the call, but before he could get out the door, room service was knocking on our door to help him. Also very impressed. I wish I could have gotten his name and I wish we carried cash, otherwise we would have given him a tip for being so patient, professional, and courteous. A great man, whoever he was.

The only negative part of our trip was the morning of checkout. We were getting ready to shower and it was about 10am when we hear three knocks on the door and all of a sudden the door opens. I am naked at this point and have to run to the bathroom because I felt like they were trying to come in the room. We heard no "room service" or anything like that. Our bill, along with another person's bill was then slid under the door. We travel quite a bit and this is the first time this has happened. usually, they will just slide it under the door. What happened was unacceptable. I highly suggest management has a serious talk with their staff about entering rooms because I know alot of people including ourselves, who travel with handguns legally. Announce yourself when you knock. That was all we ask.

My husband spoke with someone from the front desk to save a space for us for our car but the message was never delivered to the next shift so when we got to the hotel room at around midnight no one knew about our reserved space. So the nice security guard walked my husband outside to show him his car and told him he would park him under the security camera overnight. That man was very helpful and considerate to our needs.

The lady at the check out desk heard about our experience and though I didnt feel it was necessary, she deducted a night's stay from the visit. Im the type of person who doesnt ask for discounts. If there is a problem, just dont let it happen again. She was very very understanding and sincere and whoever she was, we appreciate it. The thing that stood out was the fact that while we were explaining ourselves, she never once looked away, she kept her eye contact, and she let us talk before she put her opinion in.

Even though the bad stuff happened, the lady at check out kind of wrapped up our total feelings of the place. She left a lasting positive impression on us because she made us feel like we werent taking up her time. We usually stay at higher end hotels, so we expect great service. For the money, this hotel met and even exceeded some of our expectations. This is a great place to sleep with soft sheets and even nice artwork on the walls.

• Liked — The sheets were very soft and the bed was medium-firm
  • Disliked — the confusion and miscommunication between shifts to accomodate us.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

This hotel has been on Harry Hines Blvd. a long long time, but has been a Holiday Inn for a comparatively short time, and has recently been remodeled and refurbished. Rooms are very attractive and have great beds. Everything is fresh, inclluding the small bathrooms with nice new fixtures. And the price is good. However, the staffing leaves a lot to be desired. Check-in was performed by a very friendly but inexperienced clerk who confused my home address as shown in the computer from the reservation with my birthplace listed in my passport and asked a bunch of silly questions. Then we went up to the room and encountered an overpowering sewage odor that even permiated the room. The room featured a great HDTV, but there was no remote. A second call to the desk got a snotty retort (Hey, she's going room to room to find you one, okay???). When "she" did bring the remote it didn't have batteries in it. A third call brought to the door the looming big tall source of the previous snotty remark, self-described as the duty manager, who was more agressively hostile than any clerk I've ever encountered anywhere. He tried to barge into the room to personnally test the remote, the implied presumtion being that I was either too addled to operate it or just someone who wanted to hassle staff. Neither was the case, though I am technically skilled enough to check remote control devices for batteries before giving them to someone else!

Breakfast was fair but overpriced for the minimal selection. The restaurant manager was the only server and he seemed to be run ragged. Sunday morning checkout required a substantial wait and the very kind housekeeping manager to come and help get all the luggage downstairs since there was no bellman on duty. The friendly but inexperienced desk clerk was back on duty and I gently suggested that he NOT chew gum while dealing with customers.

There are worse places but there are also better.

• Liked — comfortable beds
  • Disliked — sewage odor and rude staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

The hotel was good.

Staff was very helpful and the price versus room quality was above average.

I wasn't expecting the quality that I got from what I paid, but having book the room with a special offer, made a big difference, and it explains what I got such nice room for less expensive amount.

The only complain will be the internet wireless service that they claim to offer for free...I expended the complete stay trying to get someone to get it fixed for me. It just works for 1 night.

They couldn't provide me with a network cable, nor didn't pay too much attention to my request.

NOTE: This hotel is in fronf of the Rail Service and if you are planning to stay during business days, please be aware that you will hear the train passing by...

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

It's true what the other reviewers say. The hotel apparently has been renovated. I got a king sized bed, non-smoking and everything was fine. The bathrooms were clean, with fresh towels each day. The pool, which I didn't use, was cleaned daily. The flat-screen t.v. got plenty of channels, which was great because there's not a whole lot to do in market center OR downtown Dallas from what I could see. The free shuttle to and from downtown was a lifesaver, as I had gotten the wrong impression that public transportation around the city was good. Very quiet, too, save for the occasional commuter train which could be heard off in the distance. Staff extremely helpful and eager to please. The food was, well, kind of Sizzler like, although breakfast was perfectly fine. I'd stay again, but I truly hope I've seen the last of Dallas.

• Liked — quite, comfy bed, flat screen tv; free shuttle w/in 5 miles
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

This is exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. This hotel was recently renovated with new furniture and resurfaced bathroom walls and floors. The layout of the rooms is the same old 1950’s style, but functional and clean. There’s nothing fancy, but for $108/night you get what you pay for. There is free in-room Internet access which many hotels charge for. The cooked to order breakfast at $8 was complete and good value for the money. Convenient to Dallas Market with free regular shuttle service. Best of all, no hidden charges like other hotels. Also, I left my laptop power cord, and they found it for me.

• Liked — convenience
  • Disliked — some creepy looking guests in the lobby
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!