“Conference Stay in Dallas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75219 (Formerly "Days Inn")   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #66 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
“Conference Stay in Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

When the shuttle dropped us off, we had reservations about what we were going to find. What we found was an average physical appearance but one of the best hotel staffs we have experienced. They were welcoming and worked with us on every request, like a change in room temperature, within minutes, not hours. They gracious let us extend our room usage so we could accommodate a sick friend whose hotel was charging $50 an hour for an extended check out time. The food was enjoyable and the bar and dining room were friendly, warm places to eat and hang out with friends. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel are quiet and have large picture windows.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. And we do hope to host your next stay in Dallas. My staff and I pride ourselves in customer service and I am glad you had a great experience.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of January 2013. The room and the service in general were good. The only thing that annoyed me was the quality of breakfast and attitude of waiters at the restaurant. The breakfast was included in my room charge, however every time I when went downstairs for breakfast, the waiters would leave a receipt on my table with "0" on the bottom line and blatantly asking for gratuities. This was noticed not only by me but also by most of the guests. On my last day of stay in this hotel the breakfast quality was very poor. The food was bad and the tea they served was luck-warm and with lots of foam, indicating that the water was not boiled. I asked to change it but the waiter got upset and would not take that tea back. I had to spend several minutes explaining why the tea was not good. The second attempt to get hot black tea was again a failure. I had to skip my breakfast that day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us. Also, we not only appreciated your stay but also your satisfaction with the room and service in general. I do apologize for the internal paperwork we use to track our breakfasts included with the rate. Our staff is asked to gain a signature to ensure proper tracking. I do apologize for the breakfast on your last day including the food and the tea. I will follow up on this.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We shop the Dallas Market Gift Show every year. This is the second trip staying at the Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center.
The hotel over all in appearance is just okay but the people that work there make up for any short comings visually. The beds are great though.
Since this hotel is basically for business people there are several things that make it advantageous besides the beds.
The hotel restaurant offers buffet and standard orders every morning and evening with Dave Schmidt pretty much running the show. He is remarkably attentive and accomodating. It seems he is there all the time which works for us. He starts our day out great with offerings of tasty hot breakfast items or buffet. He is quick and never forgets even the little requests. Basically he starts our day out on a very good note. At the end of the day when we're exhausted his smiling face and offers of ice cold cocktails and appetizers is most welcoming.
We actually called to see if Dave was still there before we booked our stay.
The hotel Manager is also remarkably helpful and friendly. He makes you feel glad you chose his hotel.
Their shuttle service to the mart is dependable and quick which makes staying across the highway no big deal.
Overall, if you want good beds, a great waiter and helpful staff this is a perfect hotel for your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the front of the hotel for quietness and a bit of a view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate the recommendation of being a good business hotel. We do try to cater to business clientele with our business center, strong bandwidth, and restaurant offerings (including Dave). We also offer amenities directed at leisure clients, especially with location and proximity to the Dallas Museum of Arts, Fair Park, House of Blues and the American Airlines Center. Our exterior pool becomes quite popular in the summer, as well.
Please come to stay with us again,
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Overall ok, unlike most Holiday Inns this one dings you for anything. There breakfast buffet was 10 bucks; which did not include your drinks- a older hotel but has been somewhat updated. I think next year I will be going back to the Crowne Plaza much nicer, free breakfast same price. Oh let's not forget the train going by all night - noisy.

• Stayed January 2013
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We also offer room rates which include breakfast; however, we always offer a full menu with reasonable pricing. The Dallas Market Center area is very busy and we are fairly close to the Light Rail stop. Luckily, we can help you chose a room without the rushing wind noise of a light rail. Please allow us to host your next stay in Dallas. I am confident you will enjoy your stay.
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent one night on December 28 while on a trip with my brother in Dallas. I wanted to stay in a hotel that had a free airport transfer to Love Field, but was also within close proximity to DFW, out of which my brother would fly. He would take the super shuttle to DFW. When I walked into the bathroom, I found hair all over the floor. The duvet cover had stains on it. There were also hairs on the duvet cover. I heard the train outside my window which did not bother me. The walls, however, were very thin and I could hear conversations in the other rooms. The room did have a granite vanity which was a nice luxury. But, the carpet was not vacuumed. You should know that the location does not have restaurants or shopping near. You would need a car to reach them. The hotel did have a free shuttle to take guests anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 615. It is across the hall from the maintenance room which has a constant dull ro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear guest,
My staff and I take pride in our customer service and cleanliness. I realize you did not experience our true hospitality during your stay. I apologize and do hope you will consider allowing my staff and I to host a future stay. We will use your feedback as training for our staff to insure your next stay is exceptional.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Absolutely the worst Holiday Inn we have ever, EVER stayed at!!! We were in Dallas for a week due to brother's brain cancer surgery & picked this hotel as it was close to medical center...BIG, BIG mistake!!! My brother actually woke up from surgery talking about AWFUL smell from hotel the night before!!! Dirty, dirty carpets, missing pieces in bathroom, HORRIBLE kitchen smells in hallway (5th floor) with dingy lighting in halls. IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE for one night so we moved to another hotel across IH35 which was close & SO MUCH NICER for almost the same amount of $$$. I called Front Desk Manager to voice my concerns...NO CALL BACK so I called the General Manager, NO CALL BACK which is UNACCEPTABLE!!! We are Priority Club Platinum members & cannot BELIEVE this hotel is allowed to operate like this. IF YOU VALUE CUSTOMER SERVICE & CLEAN CONDITIONS FOR YOUR TRAVELS, PICK ANOTHER HOTEL!!!! YUCK/STINK FACTOR = 5 Stars!!! : (

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I truly apologize for your poor stay. And I did appreciate speaking with you on the phone. My staff and I strive to exceed your expectations and I realize that did not happen. I am confident given the chance, we would exceed your expectations on your next stay.
Yours in hospitality,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here two nights, probably wouldn't be back. Our room as well as the building itself was quite dated (chipped paint, rusty shower head, 1970s furniture, etc). The housekeeping was underwhelming as there were several issues with our room. Between the stray hairs on the sheets and a lamp that was not even plugged in, we were certainly surprised as Holiday Inns tend to be at least clean.

Anyways, other negatives. The wifi was absurdly slow, as in 56k slow. Our room faced the train tracks, so it was quite annoying to hear a train going by every 15 minutes or so. Also, when we first got there the AC was blasting, so the room was probably somewhere in the high 50s. Maintenance did come up and fix it quickly, but the guy actually had to fiddle with some settings in a ceiling panel. Clearly the thermostat is for display only.

Finally, we went out for dinner the 2nd night and called the hotel shuttle to pick us up. 45 minutes later, still no shuttle. We ended up taking a cab back, but apparently cabs in Dallas are absurdly expensive ($18+tip for a 5min trip??). Not cool.

This place was cheap but extremely disappointing, and really paints a negative picture of the usually-reliable HI brand.

Room Tip: Dont face the train tracks
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HI_DMC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Our preventative maintenance program works diligently to catch any issues prior to a guest's arrival. We also use our Director of Housekeeping and Supervisor to ensure the guest rooms are clean. I realize we did not provide you with a stay we are proud to host and I apologize. We are confident a future stay would be vastly improved and a stay we would be proud to host. I would welcome some additional feedback if you have time to call at 214-219-3333.
Yours in hospitality,
Callan Hamann

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas Market Center? Share your experiences!