“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We had previously stayed at Westin Properties and have always enjoyed our stays. This stay was in celebration of our 47th anniversary. I wrote the hotel GM (Michael Truax) and asked if he could put us in a lower floor room. Not only did he put us in a lower floor (7), he surprised us with a fruit, cheese and wine welcome gift. Simply outstanding.
Additionally, the property itself was very,very good and the connection to the Galleria Mall made for an outstanding weekend. We would definitely stay at this Westin the next time we are in the area. Additionally, we were able to enjoy a spectacular Green Bay Packer comeback victory. What a great weekend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hi UWJJ,
It is so nice to hear that Michael Truax was able to accommodate your needs during your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas, and we will certainly forward along your kind comments to him regarding his outstanding service. We always strive to go above and beyond for our guests to ensure a memorable hotel experience. We ook forward to having you back with us in your future travels!

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Upon arrival to The Westin Galleria Dallas I was warmly greeted by the professional and friendly valet staff who welcomed myself and family to the property and promptly unloaded our luggage.
Upon check-in I was greeted with a smile from the front desk agent "Danae" who was exceptionally accommodating. Danae was friendly and professional while making sure my family and I were well taken care of.

After check-in we arrived to our room on the upper level. The room had a great view of the city through the large glass windows. The room was fresh and clean. While the room was nice, it was far from extravagant. The modern design was appreciated however it lacked some inspiration. I have stayed in some larger and more impressive rooms at Westin properties. However, with that said, this was still a nice and acceptable room with no complaints aside from one. The only complaint in regards to the room was the non-working television/remote control. I made an effort to watch some television in the room but the remote control would not turn on the television. Due to the fact that I was not seriously interested in watching television, I simply abandoned the desire knowing fully well that if I were to call down to the front desk they would immediately send someone to correct the issue.

Once we unpacked and settled into our room, I decided to take a visit to the Westin Executive Club Lounge. The lounge was large with plenty of seating and eating area. The included business center area was quite convenient and the lounge areas comfortable. The evening and morning hors d'oeuvres were excellent and the attendant made sure that guests were well served while the food and beverage remained fully stocked. The atmosphere was relaxing, comfortable and well kept.

The hotel amenities were well kept and in excellent condition. The WestinWorkout fitness center was excellent, the pool deck was well maintained (even with no-use due to the cold December weather.) and the hotel staff friendly and alert. The convenient access to the Galleria Mall was enjoyable.

Upon check-out the front desk agent politely and professionally asked how we enjoyed our stay and wished us well. Despite the very busy moment with many other guests arriving and departing, The valet staff promptly had our vehicle ready for us and wished us well as we departed.

Overall, this property and stay was very good. The customer service was excellent and the amenities well kept. In my opinion, the service, attentiveness, and attitude of staff members such as Danae, the valet staff, and even the housekeeping staff who offered a warm greeting in passing, all significantly help to make a great brand and a great experience during a stay. This property will be one we are sure to stay next time we are in Dallas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Tim_Kitts,
We are so pleased you had a pleasant travel and stay experience with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. We look forward to having you back!

Kingston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is by no means the best but the staff are very good, the rooms large and it's ideally located within the Galleria for shopping if you're into that. One comment is that the in room dining menu purports to be from the 2nd Floor Bistro. However the dishes when served are very different in some cases which is a shame.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hi wesley77770,
We appreciate your feedback and will forward your comments to our restaurant and hotel management team so they may consider future adjustments with regard to room service. If given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us again in the future.

Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I want to state that I'm a loyal SPG member. This room was comp because the points I've accumulated. We stayed with friends in Dallas for Thanksgiving and my wife and kids plan to stay at the westin on Saturday night do some shopping. It was first time my kids (2,3, and 5) stayed at hotel.

I'll cut to chase...
The front desk attended that check us didn't even smile once! Didn't ask us how are day was?
It's was our first time at this hotel - "I had to ask her where the elevator was located to get to my room" She didn't point out anything. i.e. Mall Entrance, Dining Options... nothing! I had to find out all of that stuff on my own.. the concierge wasn't available. I even mention to the front desk that this is my kids first time staying at the hotel... she didn't say anything to knowledge that fact.

This was a total buzzkilled! I felt like I was just a number... it wasn't even that busy so they can't use the excuse that they were overwhelm.

So I chalk it up that she was having a bad day or maybe that was her personality. Maybe she wasn't trained properly to show great customer service.... So I was really curious to see how my checkout experience would've been.... IT WAS THE SAME EXPERIENCE, with a different person. She didn't smile at all, didn't even ask us how was our stay... This might seem like a small matter to some folks, but all the money I spend with Westin and/or SPG it frankly pisted me off. I was thinking about giving a 3-rating just on the front desk experience alone, but that wouldn't been fair because everything else was awesome.

Other than that everything else was great... location (mall), service express, valet service, room service (food), even the engineers fixed our TV quickly. Everything was top notch!

First impressions are very important - and Westin Galleria missed the mark.. you can have an awesome hotel at excellent location, but if you have some treat you the way we was treated initially its all-for-not.

I would love to give my SPG number to an Westin Manager so they can do some research.

Happy Holidays.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi jnbarbee,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. Although you enjoyed your experience with us overall, we're sorry you were not made to feel especially recognized upon your arrival and departure on property as we always strive to ensure each of our guests are welcomed. However, we appreciate your comments, which are helpful to us as we seek to improve to improve any services and offerings in the future.

Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. The bed was super comfy, the room was nice, and the complimentary food on the club level was excellent. Definitely upgrade to that if you have the opportunity.

My only complaint is a miniscule one but it was really frustrating to me. The TV in the room did not have an HDMI port. I brought a DVD player so we could watch movies but I couldn't hook it up. It baffles me that in 2013 an LCD TV would not have HDMI. It's just frustrating to think you've planned ahead only to be thwarted by something like that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hi Adam L,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and will forward them to our management team so they may consider future technological enhancements in upcoming renovations. If given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us again in the future.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location . It is connected to the Galleria mall and office towers. It is also convenient to Plano and North Dallas. There are many varied restaurants near the hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. They are graciously appointed. This is also a good value. The service from the staff was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi James W,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. Our close proximity to Galleria Dallas shopping and dining is certainly convenient and puts everything you need right at your fingertips. We look forward to having you back with us!

Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Galleria Dallas seems to be well placed between Plano and Dallas, attached to the Galleria mall. Rooms are spacious, quiet and well appointed. Not a 5 star experience but the hotel is well maintained and offers good value. Would not recommend going without a vehicle, but there are plenty of shopping options nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi WorldExec,

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to The Westin Galleria Dallas? Share your experiences!