“Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Austin, Texas, United States
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in Dallas for market recently and stayed at The Westin Galleria two nights, a Thursday and Friday. I had my own car with me so staying at a hotel with shuttle service to the market center was not important to me. Self-parking in the garage was free but you do have to walk through the mall to get to the hotel to check in so if you have a lot to carry, it might be inconvenient. Overnight valet was $26, which I deemed an unnecessary expenditure. I received an excellent per-paid rate on my stay. However, when I called to make my reservation, the phone clerk was not very knowledgeable. I found the general service of the hotel not quite up to the standard I've received at other similar hotels. I stayed on the 5th floor. My good rate apparently did not include a decent view--one window looked out on the pool, the other the highway and part of the roof. I didn't plan on spending much time in my room and I couldn't hear the pool noise so I didn't request a different room. The room was comfortable and large. I appreciated the Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea offerings. Loved the rain shower head in the bathroom! Like many hotels, they offered a "green" option to pass on housekeeping. You hang the sign on your door. I was only there for two nights so I didn't need more towels or my sheets changed. If you choose this option, be aware that the will not come in to replace your complimentary water, coffee and tea.

Overall, I found the location attached to the Galleria very convenient for the dining and shopping options. It was a quick drive down the tollway to the market center. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for a room that does not face the pool. Also, if you choose the "green...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Hi Cheyenne H,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you had such a pleasant experience with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas and were able to take advantage of our prime location. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

532 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

great place to stay for business visits. parking was easy, easy on and off the freeway, and being next / on a mall, it was good to get out of the room to walk around... for a distraction of work and 4 wall box room syndrome ...

rooms were comfortable.

would go back... easy to get to from either airports...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi GB_InTexas
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. Our location within the Galleria Dallas shopping center complex is certainly a convenience, so I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it. We look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My second stay at this hotel and it's great. I really cannot fault them at all.

Clean, modern, free coffee, nice helpful staff and a fantastic location; the Galleria Mall is a lovely place to go if you have some spare time.

I guess the only thing that is a shame is that you have to pay for Wifi, which I fundamentally disagree with, but that's the case in many hotels.

I would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi travelfan81_9,
Thank you so much for your feedback. As we always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, we are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. Although WiFi is at a charge in our guest rooms, you can access the Internet free-of-charge in our restaurant, The Second Floor Bistro - Bar, as well as our lobby. Come back and see us again soon!

arlington texa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

went there for a week end getaway

room was spacious, clean, and comfortable

we ate breakfast once on the 2nd floor, great tasting and great staff

attached to the mall, you do nor even have to leave the property, the mall has everything you need. A lot of places to eat and shop

Did not use the pool, but large and an large area to lay around.

Highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: circle around the parking lot in front of the hotel, someone will leave, unless you want to valet pa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi cfir,
We are so pleased you had such a refreshing experience with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas for your recent weekend getaway. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next getaway with us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend the weekend of May 31st. Everything about the stay was perfect. Fabulous service at the front desk for check in, clean room, comfortable beds, a small but super nice pool, and the best part, a cupcake bar in the lobby on Friday and Saturday late afternoon. LOVED the cupcakes, what a cute idea. Booked an awesome prepaid rate thru the Westin web-site the week before the visit and it was a steal, love getting great deals. Parking on the street level parking lot is super convenient, loved being connected to the mall especially nice to be able to run down to either Starbucks or Corner Bakery for a quick breakfast in the morning before the rest of the mall opened up. I highly recommend staying at the Westin Galleria Dallas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi Kathleen R,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed our cupcakes in the lobby amenity we offer on Friday evenings. As we always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, we are so glad you had such a great experience with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas.

Wylie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I wanted to get away for the weekend for a "stay vacation" recently. I have lived in Dallas for 40 years and have seen but never stayed at the Westin Galleria Dallas. Well that has all changed forever. Our stay was nothing short of perfection. The room was incredible, staff exceptional, room service delicious, 2nd Floor Bistro mouth watering, and having everything at our fingertips was icing on the cake. From now on, the Westin Galleria Dallas has become our home away from home for our quick getaways. Thank you so very much for an incredible weekend!!!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the "Induldge Package." It's perfect!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Gary W,
We are so pleased you and your wife had such a memorable experience with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas for your recent staycation! Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next getaway with us.

Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed in a club room in may 2013 , we chose it cause it is connected to the galleria mall. The room was nice and spacious with very large windows and very clean . Bathroom was ok , large shower . wifi was included so was breakfast at the club lounge . Bed was comfortable , Complimentary water and Starbucks coffee In the room was a nice touch .
Breakfast was average Just healthy oatmeal, fruits and eggs . Service was good though.
The mall was a bit of a disappointment , it is much smaller than the Houston galleria , and the collection there not as nice . Had lunch and dinner at the mall so didn't really try the hotel restaurant . Overall the stay was nice and the hotel is nice and convenient for shopping . Would recommend it .

Room Tip: 1904 had a nice view and a window seat , club rooms are spacious and includes wifi . It was quiet an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi nghosni,
Thank you for the feedback you provided on your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. Although you enjoyed your overall experience with us, we are sorry that Galleria Dallas' shopping was not all you hoped it would be. We appreciate your recommendations and will send them along to the proper individuals for their review. If given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us again in the future.

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to The Westin Galleria Dallas? Share your experiences!