“Nice & Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Beach, California
“Nice & Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room had a large sit in window with an awesome view, especially at night. Make sure you ask for a city view on the highest floor, Spg members are on the 17/18th floor. The room was cozy and beds heavenly. For the price, it was outstanding for a Westin.

Room Tip: Request city view on highest floor. You will enjoy the evening views of the city.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi Trails4GMZ,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. I'm so pleased our property met your needs and provided you with a refreshing hotel experience. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for 2 Nights. The room was clean the bed comfortable.I was there for a conference which took place at the hotel. They were very accommodating to our group. Having the mall attached was a great bonus. There were many places to choose close by to eat and shop and it made the short business trip easy.

• Stayed April 2013
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi DeniseJ,
Thanks so much for providing feedback about your recent stay with us at the The Westin Galleria Dallas. I'm so pleased our property exceeded your expectations and provided you with a refreshing hotel experience. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm very picky about hotels. I've stayed in so many over the years that I only look forward to staying in nicer ones. I wanted to stay in the Kimpton Hotel Palomar for our 1st anniversary but at $300/night, it was a little steep. When I saw the Express Deal on Priceline for the Westin Galleria, we had to try it. We were not disappointed. They upgraded us to some Preferred status (see my hubby's review nearby for more details). Beautiful room, fantastic bed and rain shower with sprayer which is best for my 6'2" hubby and myself at 5'2". On top of that, they offered complimentary hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine in the early evening and breakfast in the morning. Plus, they sent up a bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries. We would have paid twice what we paid for this unforgettable 1st anniversary hotel stay. We'll be back!

Hi Nici H,
Thank you so much for the kind feedback on your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. It is so nice to hear you and your husband received a memorable experience from our team here during your stay with us for your wedding anniversary. We are so glad you could get away with us and enjoy all that our property has to offer. We can't wait to have you back with us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I went to Dallas for a weekend getaway on the occasion of our first anniversary. Susan, the concierge was fantastic. She had a lovely bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room and we were upgraded to Starwood Preferred Guests. Our service was great. The modern hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. The Starwood Preferred Guest area on the 21st floor has drinks and snacks in the afternoon and a fine breakfast in the morning. We didn't have any trouble parking. I would stay there again. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Call, and ask the concierge for a nice room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hi Gelandestrasse,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. I'm so pleased our property exceeded your expectations and gave you with a refreshing hotel experience. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

Southern Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stay here for a conference every year or two and I just love it. The staff treat me like royalty. Other conference attendees felt the same way. They said they never wanted to leave. The rooms are posh and comfortable. I slept well on the bed and the temperature was fine. The food they catered for the conference was delicious. I have a love hate relationship with the attached mall. I love the chance to get some exercise mall walking, having tons of dining options and watching the ice skaters on the lowest level. I hate that I end up spending lots of money in a mall, since i usually try to avoid them. In the past, I never set foot outside the hotel, which is a shame since i come from the Midwest to Dallas in February. This last time I made a point to at least venture out of the mall a little ways to enjoy the warm, fresh air. I thought about going further as i could see some more restaurants and shops about a block away, but it's not the most pedestrian friendly area.The only things I would change would be to have more staff at the front desk more often. There always seemed to be lines and a long wait this last time. It would also be nice if they offered some sort of alternative transportation to the airport. They're very gracious and helpful about getting taxis, but unless you get lucky and split the fare, it's around a $60 cab ride with the tip. My company reimburses me, but still that's a little steep.

• Stayed February 2013
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hi uwgirl65,
Thank you for your review. We are so happy that The Westin Galleria Dallas met your needs while during your recent stay with us. We look forward to having you back with us soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here the weekend of 4/25-4/27 for a conference and the hotel did not disappoint. The property is attached to the Galleria Mall so if you were in between sessions or if you wanted to skip out for an hour you could walk around and unwind.

The hotel staff recognized our Platinum status and upgraded us to a Club Floor room (we had booked at the bargain conference rate so was concerned about really getting and recognition but the staff acted no different).

The Club room staff was very attentive the evening selections include free beer and wine, well worth the price if you had to pay to have access with that amenity.

Parking is free in the mall garages or you can valet (in the $20 range i believe)

Would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking at hosting a conference, lots to do at night, great price, and great facilities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi Mitchell B,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We travel to Dallas for business often but we usually stay at the W Hotel. We we very happy with the location and loved the fact we could walk to great food and awesome shopping! We are already planning our return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi AndriasMom,
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. We are so pleased our amenities and excellent location within the Galleria Dallas shopping center complex met your needs while you were with us. We look forward to having you back with us!

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to The Westin Galleria Dallas? Share your experiences!