“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We travel to Dallas for business often but we usually stay at the W Hotel. We we very happy with the location and loved the fact we could walk to great food and awesome shopping! We are already planning our return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hi AndriasMom,
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. We are so pleased our amenities and excellent location within the Galleria Dallas shopping center complex met your needs while you were with us. We look forward to having you back with us!

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here for a conference and never had to leave the hotel. The conference provided all the food, but we ventured into the Galleria for food a few times. Grande Lux (an upscale Cheesecake Factory, by the way of their own admission) was excellent. Also Mi Cocina, which makes drinks so strong you can smell them two people away from you.
The bed was comfortable, the staff accommodating and helpful, and the conference rooms/ballrooms were what you expect. I did not have an opportunity to use the pool, but it was beautiful.
My room overlooked the freeway and you could hear the sound, which was a little disappointing. I could not adjust the temperature of the room to get it to where I was "just right," and I had hoped that the sound of the unit kicking on/off would help to drown out the traffic outside.
The window seat is something nice when you're traveling with colleagues and you gather in someone else's room - there are places for everyone to sit.
I was disappointed that the fridge was already stocked and that I could not put any leftovers in it!!
I will say that the glass-walled shower with that giant "rain" shower head was fabulous. After being in conferences and breakout sessions all day, it was nice to just stand under that each night.
I would like to say that Ashley and David at the front desk were very helpful each time I needed something, so if the Westin management reads this, please let them know that they've been given a "thumbs up" on this site.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
westingalleria, Director of Sales at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear TwoWheelsOnly,
We were pleased to read that you were able to reach your professional potential with us, but we always strive to do better. We do appreciate your feedback and will gather together to evaluate where we can make improvements for your next visit.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 7 family members stayed in late April 2013 for two nights. We had two "King Sky Rooms" and one "Large Luxury Suite." front desk staff were helpful and welcoming! Executive Lounge staff were very attentive and efficient! All three guest rooms were spotless. The hotel is beautiful, modern and sophisticated. Excellent location as well.

Not Expected: The lg lux suite had a lighting element out, we requested it repaired - never happened. Yes, a small detail, however, at the room rate for this suit, one expects EVERYTHING to be in working order. Requested bedding for the sofa bed around 11pm, it took a total of three calls to acquire said bedding. On the third call (roughly 40 mins after the first call) the staff member said "he has a lot of delierveries, he'll get there when he gets there!" Lastly, the "heated" pool was anything but.... I informed the desk, she told me an engineer would correct it - didn't happen while we were there!

One more note: upon check-in, I was asked if we were visiting for any special reason. Yes, a 13 year old girls birthday. Lia, at the front desk said she would get a card and some treats from the staff sent up! Unexpected and generous! Unfortunately, it never came. I'm sure Lia just got busy and forgot, as she was a very pleasant, warm person. Again, not expected and certainly not necessary but if you are going to offer it - FOLLOW THROUGH!

We may or may not return....when spending our hard-earned dollars (roughly $4,000) on a higher-priced hotel we expect more. Not a complete disaster by any means but this trip didn't meet our expectations.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Saberhunt,
Thank you so much for your detailed review and assessment of your visit. Of course, we are so disappointed that we did not deliver our promise of a Better You that we are committed to. I do hope we see you in the future for a better stay.
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wonderful staff, Nice workout facility, convenient to many locations, and great SPG floors. Bistro restaurant just ok. Go next door to the grand lux. Plenty of parking near the hotel.

My favorite Dallas hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi VP of Household Operations,
Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that we met your needs and look forward to having you back with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I was staying at the Westin Galleria for a conference. I was very impressed by the room, the comfortable bed, and other amenities, but what really impressed me the most was the wonderful customer service. I had checked out of the hotel and then found out my evening flight was cancelled. The hotel was nearly sold out. They were able to rebook me a room, and add it to my current reservation so that I could get the conference rate. They even got me back on the executive floor, and I don't even have many Westin points! Of course, their are excellent restaurants nearby and a lot of shopping if you are stuck for an extra evening. I was able to get a very early morning cab and head out to the airport the next day. Thank you for helping me out!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi groupert,
Thank you so much for providing feedback about your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided such personalized customer service and exceeded your expectations while you were with us. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here recently for a short vacation in Dallas. All the staff: valets, porters, clerks, servers, were all very pleasant and more than willing to help with any request. The hotel even made allowance for our dogs.

Location is hard to beat, Galleria has plenty of shopping. Relatively easy to get to all main attractions in Dallas barring construction.

The Club Lounge has your basic Continental breakfast. Nothing fancy but plenty of options. Servers were quick to help and take away plates. It did have a nice coffee machine that made several different coffees from whole beans it ground itself. The afternoon orderves were nice. Enough to hold you over for a very late dinner after a show.

The hotel also had a very good gym. Had several elliptical machines and plenty of treadmills. Had weight machines to work every body part and a set of dumb bells up to 100 pounds at least. Enough room for only 2 people to use the dumb bells but I doubt the place is ever that crowded.

Every time I'm in Dallas, this is my first choice of places to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hi Jon C,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas. It's so nice to hear the service you received from our staff as well as our on-property amenities exceeded your expectations. Your loyalty to our hotel is truly valued, and we are proud to be your first choice when it comes to selecting where to stay in Dallas!

San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great place to join business, shopping and fun. SPG offers allways high value, in this case even in a good price/quality rate.
I was there in a summit and I didn't leave the hotel galleria for a week. All you need close to the room.

• Stayed April 2013
Hi acondemellado,
We're so pleased to hear that your hotel experience with us at The Westin Galleria Dallas was so enjoyable and that you were able to enjoy the comforts and perks of our prime location within the Galleria Dallas shopping center complex. We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Dallas!

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to The Westin Galleria Dallas? Share your experiences!