“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 187 hotels in Dallas
St. L Louis, Missouri, USA
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed at the Westin Galleria numerous times for business trips over the past two years. Being a Starwood Preferred Guest allows me to stay on the SPG and Executive Club floors, which I thoroughly enjoy. The Executive Club lounge is quite nice. With the Oceanaire restaurant on the first floor and the Galleria mall adjacent to the hotel, there really is no better place to stay in this part of Dallas.

If they had to change one thing, the breakfast at the Executive Club could use some sprucing up. Their fruit bar is fabulous, but the only hot food available is cheesy eggs and oatmeal. Possibly some protein (bacon, sausage) or breakfast sandwiches would really make that experience great.

Room Tip: Always pick a room as far away from the elevators as possible. The noise of people from the elevator...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Galleria Dallas, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hi inmywardrobe,
Thank you for your feedback and for your dedicated loyalty as an SPG member. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our close proximity to the many shopping and dining destinations inside The Westin Galleria Dallas as well as the Galleria Dallas shopping center complex we are located within. We eagerly await having you back with us again in the future.

479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent 2 nights here for a conference I was attending. I travel a lot and this hotel is in the top end of my picks for business travel. Staff was outstanding. I even had one staff person carry one of my bags down some steps to a restroom when I asked her in passing where the restroom was on the 2nd floor as I had checked out and was waiting for a rental car. I asked the guy at the front desk if there was an ATM in the adjacent mall and he walked out of the hotel with me and into the mall to show me exactly where the ATM was. That's outstanding customer service!

The amenities in this hotel are great, the beds are wonderful, and the decor and design of the rooms are beautiful. I would have given this hotel a 5, except that the HVAC system was very noisy all night long, especially loud when it first came on. It needed maintenance. I finally just turned it off the second night. I notified the hotel of this problem and I am sure it will get fixed.

Hi deboramac,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate the kind mentions you gave about members of our fantastic Westin Galleria Dallas team, and we will certainly pass along your comments to them. It is always nice to hear when we exceed guests' expectations. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has good bones but the upkeep and service is sub-par. The hotel certainly needs an update. It feels as if they are trying to skimp on the dollars going to refurbish the joint. Clearly way past time to do so. I ouwld not stay here again until they upgrade the rooms.
The service tried to be helpful, but in several areas came up short. My stay was for three nights. I had an issue with the AC and requested help 5x. On each occasion I spoke to the front desk and each time they said they would solve the issue when I was out of the toom. AND 5x they did not! Unbeliveable. I just turned it off for the last night of my stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi Melizondo,
We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry you encountered the experience you did as it is very uncharacteristic of our property. As our guests' satisfaction is always our top priority, we will certainly connect with our management team regarding the situation you mentioned. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. If given the opportunity we would love to have you back in the future.

New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed during a business conference. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, especially the bed and the rainshower. Service was excellent, including the ability to borrow New Balance workout gear for just $5 bucks during your stay. Really came in handy because I forgot my running shoes. Perfect if you have business in the area or want to explore the huge Galleria Mall.

Hi bzucknj,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are so happy that we were able to make you feel at home while you were away. Come back and see us again soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I found this hotel to be absolutely perfect. The rooms are very spacious, recently redone, quiet and comfortable. The bath is large with a great shower with rain-head and lots of vanity space, including a great make-up mirror. I wasn't sure about staying at a shopping mall but this hotel is separate enough to not have interference from shoppers but allows you to walk right over to the shops. Parking is ample and FREE!!! This hotel's amenities far exceeded what I would have expected for the cost...it was a great value! There are tons of close by eateries that are great and easy access to any location since it is located right off the North Dallas Tollway...but without highway noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Karonkw,
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a very good location for those wanting to shop at the Galleria. The hotel was redone a few years ago, top to bottom. The look of the rooms are nice. We had a deluxe king on the 9th floor. No tub, but a nice large shower. I was surprised by the tv...it seemed small for the room. I have stayed at other places in small rooms with larger tv's. The biggest complaint was the bed. Too hard and you could feel the springs on the side and top. The ac would not cool the room past 68, this was a problem as the conforter was very heavy and keep you very warm. It landed up on the floor, as it was too much. I did like the layout of the room. The window shades and curtains did a nice job.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi txjmorr,
Thank you for your comments. Although your bed was not as satisfactory as you had hoped it would be, we are pleased to hear that it did not affect the overall outcome of your stay with us. However, we will connect with our management team on how we may improve this issue in the future.

Usa, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Came in for a day for meetings and to shop. Shopping clearly is superb with Nordstrom and other fine stores in mall but this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Hotel public areas/Rooms are dated, very noisy AC/bathroom fans and very small.

Downstairs restaurant is awful...food is equivalent to a late night Waffle House.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hi 300nitesayear,

The Westin Galleria Dallas

Been to The Westin Galleria Dallas? Share your experiences!