“Nice Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Louisiana, Missouri
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband, daughter and another family member stayed here. We were able to get a good deal on a room and, for the room rate, I was very happy. It is a nice, older hotel. The rooms were big but the bathrooms were older. For the same rate, I would stay again, but I would not pay top dollar for this hotel. It is conveniently located to lots of great Dallas restaurants and shops, and the staff was friendly. It was very crowded the weekend we were there (cheer competition and big wedding party) which is a good; however, it slows things down a bit when you are trying to check out or get your car. I would stay again if I could get a similar rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hotel, large rooms great location, a bit pricey. We stayed here two nights for a weekend of shopping in Dallas and dining out so wanted to stay someplace central with easy access. Overall a nice hotel, parking was plentiful the staff was friendly except at check in and we really liked the room. I'll never under stand why front desk agents get an attitude when you ask for upgrades or lower room rates when you know they advertise the rates lower than what was quoted when you walk in, sometime I just don't like to make a guaranteed reservation but would still like the lower rate. Whats it to them, it's not like they work on commission.

Room Tip: Book online. I priced the room online but did not book it and then they would not honor the price I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have to admit I know very little about Dallas yet get there about once a year for work. That said, I love the location of the Melrose because it is very close to a most of the (gay) nightlife in town. The hotel is quite nice. It is a historic building and while the sort of colonial/victorian/federalist/not sure what exactly style is not for me, everything still feels very clean. The bathrooms lack some counter space and depending on the room may be oddly configured, but again, this is a landmark property. The bar in the lobby is quite jumping on weekends and the staff is beyond pleasant. No complaints, really, and my go to hotel in Dallas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for one week. What a gorgeous hotel! Room was spacious and elegant. Very quiet. Staff was friendly and courteous. Received a good price from hotels.com ---which is the initial reason I stayed here. I might add that the overnight/valet parking was too expensive for this area of town. There was plenty of on-street (free) parking next to the hotel.
Plenty of good restaurants and coffee shops nearby. Decent proximity to the Arts Center downtown.
Will stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception at the Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas earlier this month. Simply put, the event exceeded our wildest dreams. The stunning lobby and ballroom, gorgeous and spacious rooms, and warm and inviting staff made our guests feel incredibly welcome and the compliments following our event have not stopped! Our guests have described our wedding as "stunning," "beautiful," and "the best wedding we've ever been to!" We could not agree more! Bethany Bustin Wittenburg and the amazing staff at the Warwick Melrose Hotel made planning our wedding an absolute delight and their professionalism and attention to detail were apparent in every aspect of our event. The food served by the catering staff was delicious and unique and the ambiance of this gorgeous hotel is absolutely perfect for an intimate, romantic occasion. The Warwick Melrose Hotel is an absolute jewel and should be a must visit for anyone traveling to Dallas or planning a wedding in the Dallas area! The entire experience was a dream from start to finish.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

i traveled there from san francisco just for a night for some leisure time. when i arrived at dallas i called the hotel to get directions on what train stop to get off on, the man told me the completely wrong stop, i had to walk to the hotel from the wrong train stop he told me to get off on, it took me nearly 2 hours, when i got there however, the manager and the receptionist were very empathetic and they offered to pay for my food that night. the next day when i was getting ready to check out the same receptionist asked me how i was doing and how i was feeling, she was very sweet and helpful with directions to my next destination. overall, an okay place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Husband and I stayed at the Warwick Melrose for one night as a staycation getaway on a Saturday. Love the "Mad Men" feel as we pulled up to the valet. The lobby was pure luxury and yet small and charming. Check in was a breeze at around 2pm, and we stayed on the 3rd floor. LOVED the King room we were in. Brocade curtains, large original wood paned windows with shutters, roomy entry, nice little dressing area, roomy closet and makeup table right outside the bathroom. Room was immaculate. We headed downstairs to check out the Library bar for an afternoon cocktail. I could have stayed there all day - so dark and romantic. Bartender was sweet and made AMAZING cocktails (Ruby Ruby and an Old Fashioned). Seriously worth the $. Visited a bit with a very kind manager, Walter, about the history of the hotel and some of the upcoming renovations and the addition of a Spa. (yay :) Later we used the car service to drive us to a local restaurant. Truly treated us like rockstars. Slept great - room was quiet. Had breakfast in the lovely Landmark the next morning, and am already looking forward to our next stay. If you're looking for an ultra modern hotel then you probably ought to try the W or Zaza. If you appreciate an "old money" historic luxury landmark with great service and charm, you'll love this place.

Room Tip: The Library bar is VERY popular - was standing room only by 9pm.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple