“Great Historic Property, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3015 Oak Lawn Ave., Dallas, TX 75219 (Oak Lawn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 188 hotels in Dallas
New York City
“Great Historic Property, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have to admit I know very little about Dallas yet get there about once a year for work. That said, I love the location of the Melrose because it is very close to a most of the (gay) nightlife in town. The hotel is quite nice. It is a historic building and while the sort of colonial/victorian/federalist/not sure what exactly style is not for me, everything still feels very clean. The bathrooms lack some counter space and depending on the room may be oddly configured, but again, this is a landmark property. The bar in the lobby is quite jumping on weekends and the staff is beyond pleasant. No complaints, really, and my go to hotel in Dallas.

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for one week. What a gorgeous hotel! Room was spacious and elegant. Very quiet. Staff was friendly and courteous. Received a good price from hotels.com ---which is the initial reason I stayed here. I might add that the overnight/valet parking was too expensive for this area of town. There was plenty of on-street (free) parking next to the hotel.
Plenty of good restaurants and coffee shops nearby. Decent proximity to the Arts Center downtown.
Will stay here again!!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I had both our ceremony and reception at the Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas earlier this month. Simply put, the event exceeded our wildest dreams. The stunning lobby and ballroom, gorgeous and spacious rooms, and warm and inviting staff made our guests feel incredibly welcome and the compliments following our event have not stopped! Our guests have described our wedding as "stunning," "beautiful," and "the best wedding we've ever been to!" We could not agree more! Bethany Bustin Wittenburg and the amazing staff at the Warwick Melrose Hotel made planning our wedding an absolute delight and their professionalism and attention to detail were apparent in every aspect of our event. The food served by the catering staff was delicious and unique and the ambiance of this gorgeous hotel is absolutely perfect for an intimate, romantic occasion. The Warwick Melrose Hotel is an absolute jewel and should be a must visit for anyone traveling to Dallas or planning a wedding in the Dallas area! The entire experience was a dream from start to finish.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

i traveled there from san francisco just for a night for some leisure time. when i arrived at dallas i called the hotel to get directions on what train stop to get off on, the man told me the completely wrong stop, i had to walk to the hotel from the wrong train stop he told me to get off on, it took me nearly 2 hours, when i got there however, the manager and the receptionist were very empathetic and they offered to pay for my food that night. the next day when i was getting ready to check out the same receptionist asked me how i was doing and how i was feeling, she was very sweet and helpful with directions to my next destination. overall, an okay place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Husband and I stayed at the Warwick Melrose for one night as a staycation getaway on a Saturday. Love the "Mad Men" feel as we pulled up to the valet. The lobby was pure luxury and yet small and charming. Check in was a breeze at around 2pm, and we stayed on the 3rd floor. LOVED the King room we were in. Brocade curtains, large original wood paned windows with shutters, roomy entry, nice little dressing area, roomy closet and makeup table right outside the bathroom. Room was immaculate. We headed downstairs to check out the Library bar for an afternoon cocktail. I could have stayed there all day - so dark and romantic. Bartender was sweet and made AMAZING cocktails (Ruby Ruby and an Old Fashioned). Seriously worth the $. Visited a bit with a very kind manager, Walter, about the history of the hotel and some of the upcoming renovations and the addition of a Spa. (yay :) Later we used the car service to drive us to a local restaurant. Truly treated us like rockstars. Slept great - room was quiet. Had breakfast in the lovely Landmark the next morning, and am already looking forward to our next stay. If you're looking for an ultra modern hotel then you probably ought to try the W or Zaza. If you appreciate an "old money" historic luxury landmark with great service and charm, you'll love this place.

Room Tip: The Library bar is VERY popular - was standing room only by 9pm.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Warwick is a classic hotel. Its located near several good restaurants and businesses. The restaurant and bar ( with nightly singers) are available - although I did not try both.
The room was clean and comfortable with a small bathroom and step in tub/shower. Linens are good quality. The staff was attentive to all my requests. I enjoyed my business trip to Dallas and can recommend this Hotel.

Note - One temporary downside ? -- Only valet parking is available for guests adding another 25 bucks to the tab.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I love this hotel because it is a classic. Every detail is perfect. The room is large and decorated with beautiful furniture and carpeting. The bathroom is gorgeous too. The windows are huge and I faced the back of the building and my room was very quiet. The sheets were the softest I have found and the bedding is luxourious. The lobby and restaurant are beautiful and the service is top notch. My only complaint is feeling nickle and dimed in the business center. I would compare this hotel to the Mandarin Oriental in London, a beautiful classic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!