“a gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
London, United Kingdom
“a gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

For my first visit to Dallas I stayed at the Warwick Melrose for a few days. The hotel is ideally located to get easily into the city by bus.

I had a room on a high floor with a great view of Oak Lawn Avenue. The room was very comfortable and spacious.

Internet was free in the lobby only. And I am told that to avoid Valet Parking charges, there is limited street parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New Orleans, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here on business several nights. Room is large with luxury amenities appealing to women: heavy Turkish robes, slippers (amazingly just my size!), dressing table and stool with magnifying mirror, full length mirror inside closet door which provides rear view while seated at dressing table with door open. Two comfy side chairs with an ottoman, lamp and side table perfect for reading while enjoying a nearby beverage. Hotel's Library Bar has a great ambience, nightly piano entertainment and delicious reasonably priced food. Car service is also provided to nearby vicinity. With this much luxury, not surprising that bottled water is $7, limited cable channels, and no complimentary breakfast though coffee is available in lobby. Many varied restaurants nearby and also a Walgreen's all in walking distance. Guest Services was very responsive and provided a wine opener for the $5 bottle I bought at a local Target! No refrigerator but ice bucket made a perfect wine bucket!

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Close to all Dallas attractions with a feeling of history brought forward to 2013. From the moment we were greeted by the valet, the weekend never faltered. Great service all around. And genuine, too.

We booked a suite and were delighted with the layout - almost like a small apartment and on the corner with views in two directions. Quiet with comfortable furniture and the hottest hotel shower water I think I have ever encountered - and plentiful, too! The suite had two separate heat/ac units which was also a plus.

A gathering spot for guests and locals at the hotel's bar, The Library, with nightly music, great drinks and nicely urban/upscale.

We'll choose the Melrose again for our next Dallas visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors to avoid the Oak Lawn traffic sounds and corner rooms with extra windows are a plus.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Leigh on Sea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

First point is this hotel is under a flight path which produces a relentless drone of aircraft. The reception staff could not find our booking for the first 10 minutes and then all of a sudden found it, not once did they apologise for thier error. We then had to struggle with our cases to the room. First impressions count and this was a disaster. We used the bar which was nice, the wait staff and bartenders were very friendly and all in all it was a comfortable experience. The reception experience got worse when there appeared a number of charges for wifi on our bill, we were told on check in that this service was free in the room, it appears not! It is free in the lobby. The receptionist told us that we must of misunderstood, after our insistence we had not they removed the charge. All in all this was a poor experience let down by ill-trained reception staff.

• Stayed November 2012
LarryRMc, General Manager at Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
All of us at the Warwick Melrose Hotel strive to provide an enjoyable and relaxing experience and we were disapointed to learn that you encountered many shortcomings during your stay. This is certainly not the type of service upon which we base our reputation, and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration these problems may have caused you. I have discussed your review with our Guest Service Manager to address the issues you note in an effort to prevent them from happening again. We appreciate your business, and hope you will cosider us again when traveling to Dallas.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Geat hotel with an interesting history! We stayed in early January 2013. We had two rooms; a 2 queen standard room and a deluxe suite. The suite was marvelous! Gorgeous decor, abundant space and wonderful view/location. Missing one star because of a billing error (which was rectified some time later with my persistance) and do to the the location of the standard room - it had no windows! Well, it did have windows. However, the windows looked out to a patio area which is completely enclosed. Making the guest room appear quite small and desperately dark! Dungeon like really....decor was perfect, room was squeaky clean but dark and drab do to the "lack of windows."

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Amarillo, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I write reviews here a lot, so I am happy to reccomend the Melrose Hotel.

I was in town this weekend with my son and stepmom to visit the SMU campus. The check in process was easy and efficent. My neice works there but she was not there when we arrived. We were treated as well as we would have been, if she had been present. Brooke and the other young lady were very professional.
And Leon, our bellman, went out of his way to be helpful, bringing ice to our room, and even offering to go and get us anything we needed at the Walgreen's across the street. There is also a shuttle service to take you where you need to go. Be sure to call early, though because they can get pretty busy at times!

Our rooms were very elegant, quiet, spacious, and had some ameneites not found in places I would normally stay. I loved the nice white robes and writing pens and stationery I found in the room. The vanity with a lighted make up mirror was an extra that I really enjoyed using when getting ready the next day. The beds were very comfortable too, as expected and the linens are top quality.
Thank you so much for the classy surroundings and top notch service! I will stay again.

Room Tip: I like a higher floor, which I didn't request, but we were given. I am not sure it matters thoug...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The understated elegance, the friendly employees providing a high level of service and the top rate entertainment in The Library (a bar to beat all bars) make The Warwick our go-to in Dallas. The price point for parents in town for the weekend wanting to spend time with their children is more than fair and allows a greater budget for Dallas' diverse and wonderful restaurants, including The Landmark.
Our fourth visit this past weekend was consistent and fantastic. The convenience of Walgreen's, Starbucks, Lucky's Cafe for breakfast and the Turtle Creek walking paths—located all within walking distance — is a huge plus —and the drive to SMU is beautiful, winding through Highland Park and University Park.
My husband will be back in April without me. I'm already jealous!

Room Tip: I am fond of the rooms that overlook the Oak Lawn entrance. We always stay in an "11" room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!