“The Dallas Warwick” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Austin, Texas
“The Dallas Warwick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I again was reassured that in these days of ever changing hotel experiences, the Melrose remains constant and excellent.
The staff clearly seperates this Dallas premier hotel from the rest.
Of course the Library will be packed on the Friday and Saturday nights of the Texas-OU weekend as fans of each joust.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LarryRMc, General Manager at Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments- we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is my first time staying at this hotel and it was a great experience. The hotel was elegant an comfortable. The only tiny issue I had during my stay were the noices coming throughout the walls at various times throughout the day. The restuarant was lovely and the food was yummy! I also ordered room service on a few occasions and the food was just a good and the service was fast. The entire staff was incredibly friendly and always ready to help. The female singer on Saturday at the The Library bar inside was an awesome singer and the drinks were well made. I would def stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write in Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. We appreciate the time you devoted as it assists us on improving our delivery of guest service. We look forward to your next visit.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Over the past several years, whenever my husband and I go to Dallas, we always stay at the Warwick Melrose Hotel. It is charming, elegant, comfortable, and well-located in the Oak Lawn area. This lovely old hotel was beautifully refurbished a couple years ago. The staff are competent and friendly, always ready to help with directions and suggestions.

All of the rooms are tastefully decorated with lovely fabrics. Amenities include not only the usual shampoos (etc.), hair dryer, and ironing board/iron, but also a lighted and mounted magnified makeup mirror and thick cotton robes. I also appreciate the wide, well-lit hallways.

With the excellent Landmark Restaurant right in the hotel, we sometimes eat both breakfast and dinner on the premises. If we go somewhere else for dinner and/or an evening event, we often ask for the car and driver which are at the service of guests.

The Library Bar has a wonderful feel: stately but not stuffy. Most nights one can listen to live music--and the musicians are very good. Saturday evenings are particularly busy with the amazing Aubree-Anna singing.

Again, try it: You'll love it!

Room Tip: We like the highest floor possible, away from elevator, and corner room, if possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments and taking the time to write your review of your recent stay. We look forward to your next visit
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Melrose remains a charming old Dallas hotel. There were a couple of small issues this time: bathtub/shower had a slight cleanliness issue; bright hall lighting seeped into the room making it hard to sleep; WiFi would not work with my tablet.

Otherwise, the staff, ambiance and amenities were top notch. Breakfast in the re-modeled Landmark restaurant was outstanding.

This hotel remains a great destination.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Warwick Melrose Hotel in Dallas was the site of our Annual Band Conference held in Dallas, September 12-17th. I was the conference chair and we researched all of Dallas's hotels and each in price were competitive or the same. We chose the Warwick because of its size, style, and location. We had a couple hundred participants and wanted an appropriate size hotel where we would not get lost. The location was perfect for us as we performed a concert at the Majestic Theater and a parade in Uptown. Style - Being a New Yorker and used to hotels like the Plaza and Waldorf I felt right at home with the elegance, history, and service!. We worked with Sales and the Catering Manager and they made our stay a class act. I cannot say enough about how they made us feel so welcome and provided top notch service from the Restaurant, Meetings, Hospitality, Library (piano bar/restaurant) etc. Only issue I heard from the more than 200 guest staying there was they wished there was a pool. Hopefully next year!
Everyone loved their spacious rooms, Texas Fans, and amenities.
Thank you Warwick Melrose for making our confernce and stay so sucessful. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, suite are amazing with their bar/kitchen areas.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place was very nice but there were a few issues. First when using the mini bar, they charge you not only tax but a "GRATUITY" on items you pick from the fridge, Ridiculous!

Secondly, I missed placed my AAA card and they weren't going to honor the discount. I then contacted my local AAA office back in North Carolina and they were to fax a notice over with my number, and the girl behind the desk was anal about having the card a first and then in the end, they finally accepted the discount.

I liked the property, great location, spacious but you WILL get nickled and dimed here!

Room Tip: rooms facing to the front faces west and the sun is hot.
Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I was placed here for a business trip on a day when 12 tornadoes hit the city as we landed. I hardly noticed from the moment I arrived the staff wad friendly and accommodating, the room was clean comfortable and charming, and the WiFi strong. I hunkered down on the 7th floor and worked through the deluge. In the morning I took a trot around the neighborhood and noted a lot of lovely options for future trips to Dallas. I enjoyed my stay so much we are rebooking here when we visit my boyfriend's family at Christmas.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas? Share your experiences!