My boyfriend and I love a good meal. The food was .... great if there was enough of it to fill you up. They give super small portions! We ordered a 3 course dinner and we were both still hungry and I don't eat much.
Pros: 1) They greeted us well and gave us a booth that we could sit on the same side. 2) They gave us a personalized congrats card for our anniversary. 3) The wine menu was extensive. 4) Valet was fast and the patio was nice.
Cons: 1) The waitress insulted me twice. I have never heard of a martini on ice and my date had a steak knife for his steak, but I was given a butter knife for my lamb. I asked for a steak knife as well and she mentioned how neither of those things are normal and she had worked there for a long time. I've eaten at a lot of nice restaurants and those were both new to me, which shouldn’t have been brought to my attention.
2) The portions were too small, 6 bites in a large dessert and 2 bites of short rib. I mean small!
3) We weren't asked how our food was after we were served our entrees. She didn't check if the steak was cooked properly, which it wasn't.
3) The menu was not explained. She pointed out the $95 meal and that was all.
4) Service was really slow. It took us 45 mins for our appetizer, another 30 for our entree, 20 for our dessert, and 30 minutes to get our tab.
5) When we called, they said they didn't have an open reservation, but they made and exception and accommodated us. Which would be a good thing, however, when we got there the dining room was only 60% full at 8:00 and slowly decreased from there.
I would say the service was 2.5 stars, the food was 3.5 stars if there was enough to eat and overall experience was a 3. The cheesecake dessert was the highlight of my meal, but 6 bites isn't worth the drive. I think we are going to stick with Eddie V's, Sambuca's, Into the Glass, Ovations, The Vault, etc. None of which are five star restaurants, but have better food, bigger portions and better service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most celebrated hotel and restaurant in Texas. Personalized service with residential style: geared toward celebrations, leisure travel and business travel. Renowned Mansion Restaurant featuring contemporary American cuisine with modern French influences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mansion On Turtle Creek Hotel Dallas