This hotel DOES NOT need updating! It is wonderful just as it is. I would call it a hotel with a lovely patina.
It is not a new, modern, trendy Four Seasons or Gaylord. It is the MANSION on Turltle Creek. What does that mean to me?
1. Bed Linens are made by Quagliotti and Carmignani of Italy. Not the the cheap "hotel" lines of Sferra Bros and Frette (Made in China) which are so popular today but in no way compares to the aforementioned.
2. Table Linens are also of Carmignani of Italy.
3. The furniture is all customed made by Beverly Furniture of California. Not bought off of the floor in China but handmade in the USA.
4. The fixtures are gold plated and somewhat worn to a very nice patina. They are not cheap stuff in the latest bronze, platinum, etc finishes. They are what a mansion should have: aged gold finish. No flashy chrome anywhere to be found
5. The doors are solid wood and very heavy. Old. Ditto for the vanity. NO shiny black plastic looking finish, just an aged white hand finish.
6. The bathroom is done in marble and not granite. It doesn't have that ultra shiny finish either. The lighting is very pleasant and without all of those super bright LED , HID bulbs all over the celings.
7. In the restaurant, the men dined in suits and ties. Yes, that's right. The men actually worn ties and none of this open collar, caual nonsense so trendy today.
8. The food and service was truly superb. No fancy colored glass dinner plates or weird coffee saucers etc. (You'll have to go to the 4 seasons for that).
9. When you compare the rate here ($425 incl dinner for two) vs. the 4 Seasons at $895 and up (w/o dinner) you realize what a bargain this place really is. The Gaylord out in Grapevine is $395 for crying out loud!.
10. Ben Stein of Business TV fame was being interviewed in the lobby just prior to dinner.
11. The in-room breakfast ($38.00) was beautifully presented and with the french doors open onto the small balcony you realize how special this place is. They forgot the creamer but brought it up promptly
12. The staff is professional, experienced, helpful and friendly. No arrogance, pomposity, etc unless you prefer it.
13. The plumbing has some issues. When the water drained from one sink the opposing sink made a strange sound that was yet familiar. "That's it! That's sound of the bongo drums from I Love Lucy when Desi would be at the Copacabana warming up."
14. You are fool to miss out on the Mansion on Tutle Creek.
14. My wife loved the experience from the time we left our car until we checked out 24 hours later she could have stayed another week simply enjoying the refined and aged elegance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most celebrated hotel and restaurant in Texas. Personalized service with residential style: geared toward celebrations, leisure travel and business travel. Renowned Mansion Restaurant featuring contemporary American cuisine with modern French influences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mansion On Turtle Creek Hotel Dallas