“GREAT DALLAS HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, CA
“GREAT DALLAS HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I just got back from a lovely stay at The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. The property perfectly combines history and historic charm with a modern business hotel experience that did not feel cookie cutter.

The service from welcome at the valet to check out was warm and professional, with the staff memorizing my name very quickly. Check in and check out are smooth seamless processes, which is very important while traveling for business. While this hotel is comfortable and has all business amentities, it has charm and character that many urban chain hotels (even 5 star chains) lack. Rosewood always does an exceptional job of going the extra step to creat a unique expereince. Even the welcome and beers in the room, and the turndown chocolates and bourbon were local Texas offerings.

The room was large and comfortable, with nice well kept furnishings, and a large marble bathroom. While all very nice and exceptionally maintained, certain elements of the room and bathroom will certainly be due for an upgrade in the next few years to stay current. The 'dated' look of the bathroom with its pink and tan mabrles, however, did not impair the comfort of the room of experience.

The bar and restaurant are both beautiful and offer a unique look into the past history of the Mansion. The bar had great drinks and service, and a fun ambiance with live music and a lively crowd even on a weeknight. It was separated from the lobby and guestroom area of the hotel, so there would never be a noise nuisance issue. We did not eat in the restaurant, but it has a beaufitul series of dining rooms and terraces. Room service was well presented and promptly delivered and well prepared.

The fitness area was large with tons of clean equipment in great condition and virtually no one else using it. On top of all that, it is my understanding that they are upgrading and replacing the equpiment (most of which looks barely used) this summer. This will coincide with a renovation of the spa area and locker rooms that again, while clean and well mainainted, definitley need a refresh to stay current.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear EvanSK85,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. I am delighted to hear that our warm service, attentive associates and thoughtful amenities provided you a memorable visit. We take pride in retaining the intimate ambience of the private residence it once was.

I hope to welcome you back to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek and Dallas soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.

Respectfully,

Andrea Gates | Managing Director
andrea.gates@rosewoodhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I love The Mansion. I want to to write a glowing review, but the truth is, it really needs some attention. It has always been a magical place but its not any longer. The staff is still exceptional and very professional. The valet and bell people are wonderful. Concierge terrific. Wait staff great. But the hotel itself is in need of some repair.
The carpet in the hallways is dirty and needs to be either replaced or stretched. The suite I stayed in needed a good scrubbing. Corners were dirty, grout had some black looking mold, robes were thin and worn, sheets were so so. Mattress was very hard. TV didn't work very well. It all just seemed a little dated and a little ignored. The attention to detail is gone.
One of my favorite things I used to love to do was to sit outside on the patio by the fireplaces and have cocktails. Sat down, and the fireplaces were full of cigarette butts. Outdoor furniture was dirty, cushions stained. What hotel manager does not see a fireplace full of cigarette butts? Call housekeeping or have them check this every morning.
Can't put my finger on all of it but for the kind of money you spend at this place ( room $800, breakfast $75,..) you expect perfection and The Mansion just isn't it any more.
Next trip, I will try the Crescent or The Ritz. Very sad.

Room Tip: Not sure I can any more....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear SierraToGo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at with us. I hope you will accept my apologies that the appearance of our hotel was not satisfactory during your recent visit. I will pass along your kind and constructive words to the staff and will analyze where the breakdown occurred with housekeeping. We strive to accommodate our valued guests to the best of our abilities and I am disappointed that we failed on this occasion.

I hope you will give us another chance soon, and please contact me directly with any further comments or concerns.

Respectfully,

Andrea Gates | Managing Director
andrea.gates@rosewoodhotels.com
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I will only stay here while in Dallas . Each time it makes me realize that I have chosen the right hotel. They do everything right the first time. Why other travelers do not stay here I do not know, but I'm glad, as it feels like my private oasis. I encourage everyone to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed here many years ago and it was a most memorable experience. The service, food, attention to detail was remarkable. The service now is confused and uncertain . Dinner was mediocre. What a pity!

• Stayed January 2014
RosewoodDallas, General Manager at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear rockytravels,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your constructive feedback. This allows us a chance to resolve the issue for you and other guests.

I hope you will accept my apologies that the service and dinner was not satisfactory during your recent visit. We always try to accommodate our valued guests to the best of our abilities and I am disappointed that we failed on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Andrea Gates
Andrea.Gates@rosewoodhotels.com
Whitman, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The mansion does everything right! From when you arrive to when you leave you are treated like you are the most important person. Lydia and Daniel at the concierge desk took care of all of my dinner reservations and anything else I needed. I left a scarf at a restaurant and told the concierge and it was in my room waiting for me the next evening. I have nothing but good things to say about this small hotel. When in Dallas this is the only place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Wonderful anniversary spot. They try very hard to make it special with added amenities in our suite. Our waiter even brought my husband some gluten free toast points so he could enjoy our caviar! Service is what it's all about!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Estero, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was here last night for a very brief (12 hour) stay in Dallas. I wish I could have enjoyed the hotel longer! I had never stayed at a Rosewood before, but I booked 3 different ones this month (Dallas, Vancouver, Mayakoba). If the other two come even close to the service and elegance of this property, I will be very happy!

The two hosts at check-in were extremely friendly. The bellman was so knowledgeable, professional and polite. The two valets I spoke to while waiting for a taxi were also incredibly nice (and we got to chat about the hotel's resident cat that they take care of, which I loved!)

I had time to enjoy drinks at the Mansion Bar with live music from Hunter Sullivan which was a great experience (and the hotel provided me two complimentary glasses of champagne at $26 each - a nice bonus!)

The property is stunning in every area. Really a unique, beautiful hotel.

The difference between a good resort and an incredible one is all in the fine details and Rosewood Turtle Creek has mastered that idea. They made a Rosewood fan out of me and I will definitely stay at this location again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear happyjackman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. I am delighted to learn that our staff made you a Rosewood fan! Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and attention to detail to ensure that each of your experiences with us is a pleasant one.

Kind regards,

Andrea Gates
Managing Director
Andrea.Gates@rosewoodhotels.com

Been to Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek? Share your experiences!